It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight groups organize to protest the president-elect (Reagan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So I was wondering what things were like when Reagan won compared to Trump. Turns out it was the same, nothing changes. Left vs. Right forever it seems.

eight-organizations-plan-rally-to-protest/

"A coalition of liberal Harvard groups will stage an early afternoon rally today to protest the election of Republican Ronald Reagan as president.

The "Fight the New Right" rally will take place on the steps of Memorial Church at 1 p.m.

"People are realizing we have to take the initiative, that the left has to make the first advance," Jamie Raskin '83, a member of the Peace Alliance, said.

The Radcliffe-Harvard Peace Alliance, the Harvard Radcliffe Anti-Nuclear Alliance, the South Africa Solidarity Committee, the Gay Students Association, the Boston Alliance Against Registration and the Draft, and other groups organized the rally, Raskin said.

Tacked Up

Raskin said volunteers tacked up posters around the campus last night once it became clear Reagan was sweeping to victory.

"The '80s must produce a coalition of new groups, groups that will take the fight to the right," Raskin said."

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

How many of those were threatening violence against people who, apparently, looked like they might have voted for Reagan?

I had that happen to me a few days ago...

How many of them were painting graffiti on walls?

No, the left has changed, and not for the better.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

How many of those were threatening violence against people who, apparently, looked like they might have voted for Reagan?

I had that happen to me a few days ago...

How many of them were painting graffiti on walls?

No, the left has changed, and not for the better.

Agreed. People in general are much less courteous and more prone to violence and lawlessness now than they were back then.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
So I was wondering what things were like when Reagan won compared to Trump. Turns out it was the same, nothing changes. Left vs. Right forever it seems.

eight-organizations-plan-rally-to-protest/

"A coalition of liberal Harvard groups will stage an early afternoon rally today to protest the election of Republican Ronald Reagan as president.

The "Fight the New Right" rally will take place on the steps of Memorial Church at 1 p.m.

"People are realizing we have to take the initiative, that the left has to make the first advance," Jamie Raskin '83, a member of the Peace Alliance, said.

The Radcliffe-Harvard Peace Alliance, the Harvard Radcliffe Anti-Nuclear Alliance, the South Africa Solidarity Committee, the Gay Students Association, the Boston Alliance Against Registration and the Draft, and other groups organized the rally, Raskin said.

Tacked Up

Raskin said volunteers tacked up posters around the campus last night once it became clear Reagan was sweeping to victory.

"The '80s must produce a coalition of new groups, groups that will take the fight to the right," Raskin said."

Yep now the left is talking revolution lol and they are building militia's lol all these super left leaning anti-gun sjw are going to take on the government! This was done to them on purpose many right winged people have been larping aka pretending to be radical lefts and egging other left leaners on to start some stuff. Like a moth to the flame they get drawn in. Normally i would joke about 4chan but to be honest they are running psy-ops on the left and getting extremely effective at it. They have been spending time spreading salt on every social justice warriors social media while also pushing more extreme views on them only to use that as evidence that the left is stupid and dangerous. Its the best troll op i have ever seen and on a large scale.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All it will take is a few extreme social justice warriors to basically end the left when the sjw use terrorist attacks on the population. Its only a matter of time these people are too emotional to understand they are being played. Some sjws dont even require the push they are ready now.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
These mongs need to get over themselves.
The people have spoken.
Let the future unravel

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wait, liberals actually protest? Sounds like hippy stuff to me!

Do conservatives ever protest?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The main point of this little history reminder is that while some people right now are running around with "the sky is falling" mentality, the liberals 36 years ago felt the same when they lost and, well, the sky didn't fall. Reagan didn't start a nuclear war, and today the USA isn't full of bigots and racists who need to be beaten down. Unfortunately, the chicken littles of today are more violent and lawless.

Of course both sides protest, nothing wrong with peaceful protests. It's the over-reaction crap that we are seeing that is wrong and this is just a reminder that it will be ok. There's a future 'Obama' out there somewhere on the left who will be president one day. Plus, as a native Californian who grew up in the 60's, I'm closer to being a hippy than to not-being one. But even us hippies prefer law and order vs. lets beat up people who aren't my color.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The main point of this little history reminder is that while some people right now are running around with "the sky is falling" mentality, the liberals 36 years ago felt the same when they lost and, well, the sky didn't fall. Reagan didn't start a nuclear war, and today the USA isn't full of bigots and racists who need to be beaten down. Unfortunately, the chicken littles of today are more violent and lawless.

Of course both sides protest, nothing wrong with peaceful protests. It's the over-reaction crap that we are seeing that is wrong and this is just a reminder that it will be ok. There's a future 'Obama' out there somewhere on the left who will be president one day. Plus, as a native Californian who grew up in the 60's, I'm closer to being a hippy than to not-being one. But even us hippies prefer law and order vs. lets beat up people who aren't my color.

So your saying that when good old barry was president and conservatives where crying how he would destroy america, it wasent true at all, darn those conservatives, always crying.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So your saying that when good old barry was president and conservatives where crying how he would destroy america, it wasent true at all, darn those conservatives, always crying.

From an extremist standpoint, those conservatives were wrong. But what Obama and lessor Bush and Clinton did was very damaging and not just from an extremists point of view. The average American's standard of living and job security/opportunity has degraded significantly since the 80's. I've lived through it in the high tech world. We need to change or remove the H-1B system.

top topics

join