It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us Re-visit Abortion, Here Are Some Proposals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I personally believe that this is an issue between the woman and God. I don't support abortion, but I don't think it should be prohibited if the woman is an adult.

I do believe that abortion should be prohibited once the fetus has reached a certain developmental stage. What stage is that? I don't know, but I would call it the birth-potential threshold. This should be prohibited to avoid accidentally killing a prematurely born fetus.

I don't like the idea of annual restrictions, simply because I think less legislation is always better. Its probably not a good idea to put your body through multiple abortions, but I think this should be a matter of informed consent.

Because there is no way to scientifically prove or disprove whether or not abortion is murder (since there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of a human soul, or at which point it enters the fetus), I think married couples should have to make an sort of prenuptial agreement (which may be amended at anytime if both parties are in agreement) as to whether or not the woman has the right to abort. Marriage is really a contract, so it should be treated as a contractual issue.

Non-married couples have not entered into a formal contract, therefore, I would say the woman has the right to choose. If the guy has a problem with that, then he should of put a ring on that finger first.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

people frequently are arrested for murdering animals. Animals have more human soul than unborn human babies??? It really makes me sick that in this world people put more priority and protections for lower animals than humans. Thats not against you, im just saying in general.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Personally, I'm not convinced that a fetus in the womb has a soul. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right, but as of now, there is no proving it as of yet. I can tell you what the Bible says, that soul life begins at birth, but this is not a Theocracy, so religious text should have no bearing on legislation.

So, if abortion is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt to be murder, then it should come with the penalty of murder.

If there is a shadow of a doubt, then it is not for us to decide. Let God handle the gray area cases.

edit on 3-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

people frequently are arrested for murdering animals.

No they're not. They can be arrested for animal cruelty though.

It really makes me sick that in this world people put more priority and protections for lower animals than humans.

Right? I mean, imagine treating women like chattel, forcing them to breed! As if their body confirms some duty to reproduce based on a man's urges.

Personally I find it absurd to believe that a brand new, shiny innocent soul is created from dirty, sweaty nasty sex, let alone rape.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join