It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Harmful Fluoride Levels Found in Instant Iced Tea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Ok there... we have fluoride in almost everything we use for our daily life...What are ways to Counter-Act against the effect of fluoride in the Human body...

Personally, I have found about 2 different ways...
1) Instead of drinking tap water...one could Make or Buy Distilled Water (which is water that have been evaporated and then cool down again to its liquide form)...just like the way Rain is processed from the Cloud...

2) Many claim that Tamarind help the human body getting rid of the excess fluoride...

Are there other ways?

3) Would Copper, Vitamine D, Calcium, Vitamine C help counter the effect of Fluoride?...Maybe!?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
mwen,
I doubt those supplements will help much:

I asked HSI Panelist Allan Spreen, M.D., about the possibility of chelating fluoride accumulation from the body, and he pointed out that fluoride has an unusually strong binding molecule. This is part of the reason why many water filters are ineffective in extracting fluoride. Dr. Spreen says, "It's well known that fluoride is difficult to remove from water with conventional water filters. Much of the chlorine can be removed using a good carbon filter, but fluoride will not come with it."

www.hsibaltimore.com...

I think whatever is in your system, is in your system to stay. All you can really do is reduce or eliminate future contamination.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
mwen,
I doubt those supplements will help much:

I asked HSI Panelist Allan Spreen, M.D., about the possibility of chelating fluoride accumulation from the body, and he pointed out that fluoride has an unusually strong binding molecule. This is part of the reason why many water filters are ineffective in extracting fluoride. Dr. Spreen says, "It's well known that fluoride is difficult to remove from water with conventional water filters. Much of the chlorine can be removed using a good carbon filter, but fluoride will not come with it."

www.hsibaltimore.com...

I think whatever is in your system, is in your system to stay. All you can really do is reduce or eliminate future contamination.

If fluoride has chemical signiture (what i mean by that is like water has chemical signiture, which is H2O) ... if we know the fluoride's signiture, than why not try to find something that has an Anti-Signiture or Reverse sidgniture...to help counter the effect of fluoride...
----
PS. I mentioned the Supplements which may be use to counter some of the effect of fluoride, such as Brittle Bone...irregular weight gain...etc,...

Anyway thanks for the link DontTreadOnMe

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

*SNIP*if we know the fluoride's signiture, than why not try to find something that has an Anti-Signiture or Reverse sidgniture...to help counter the effect of fluoride...
----
PS. I mentioned the Supplements which may be use to counter some of the effect of fluoride, such as Brittle Bone...irregular weight gain...etc,...

I see your point.
Let me first say I understand only a bit of chemistry.
It seems that one the flouride is absorbed by our system, wherever part that may be, it would be very hard to get rid of it. IMHO
Chelating flouride is no easy task from what I read.
Years of injesting flouride gradually builds up in bones and tissue. So, I think using supplements to buildup your immune system (or other supplements) might help your body remain free of flouride-related health problems. I hope.

It seems prudent to avoid as much other flouride from other known sources as possible. I guess my teflon pots and pans won't get used as much.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join