It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Election Protesters: Why I Did Not Support Bush '04, Obama '12, nor Hillary In 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dear Election Protesters:

I did not vote for President Obama in 2012 for one simple reason. I was familiar with George W. Bush's drone strikes throughout his administration. In 2012 when Barack Obama ran for POTUS, I could not possibly vote for him. My conscience just wouldn't allow it.

Let us remember this day the drone strikes of the Bush and Obama administrations. Let us remember Tariq Aziz who was murdered by a drone strike in Islamabad, Afghanistan. Let us remember the drone strikes of Yemen that killed MANY innocent civilians.

Here are some videos to flesh it out, and help us remember the past:

The first video will help us remember the drone strikes of the Obama administration in Yemen, and the civilians killed there:

No civilians killed by Obama's drone attacks: so explain this:

Let us now remember Tariq Aziz, and the thousands of other civilians who were killed in Afghanistan during the Obama administration:

Unmanned: America's Drone Wars • FULL DOCUMENTARY FILM • BRAVE NEW FILMS:

From this report from DemocracyNow!, we have a report about the extreme gravity of these strikes in Yemen:

Here is a report from Ex-Congressman Ron Paul regarding the gravity of the drone strikes during the Obama administration:

You will notice in this thread that I called out President Bush, and President Obama both. I voted for neither of them. I would not vote for Hillary in this 2016 for MANY reasons, but one of the biggest is because of her approval of the terror that happened in Libya.

You may ask: Do you believe that the election of Donald Trump will all of a sudden end these atrocities?

Here is my answer: No. Not 100%. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the President doesn't approve ALL drone strikes.

What I am saying is that I could not vote for the Democratic party after all of the innocents killed around the world.

I am hoping 100% that our new President Trump will put AS MUCH of a reduction to the drone strikes as he can, if not end the program entirely.

At this stage, HE IS OUR PRESIDENT. The best possible thing you could do is to contact him and his administration (as he figures out whom he will appoint to help him run the USA) and start filling out petitions on what YOU want to change in AMERICA!

I have listened to President Trump, and I believe that he is going to be a different type of president that will listen to the people. Let us give him a chance to prove that there can be a good president. I am hoping that Donald Trump will go down in history as a president who will never be forgotten, who will achieve what all said was "impossible".

I know there will be people who will be disappointed in the performance of the Trump administration. In EVERY administration, there always are.

Let us all as Americans give him a chance at least! Let us see if there can for once be a GOOD PRESIDENT! If he were to fail, I would admit it, just as I admit that the Bushes, the Clintons, and President Obama failed us in many ways. They all had their successes however. There is never a political leader who can nail everything. Let's just see what he can do. I only wish for peace, prosperity, and the pursuit of Life, Liberty, and Happiness within next 4 to 8 years!

Thank you ATS for taking the time to read my thread, and please share your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Haven't even read your entire post but you header describes me as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Like the majority of Americans, I am looking forward with hope to see what the new POTUS and my fellow Americans can accomplish. 4 year terms are good. They give us a chance for renewal.

I hope people aren't lulled into this trap of believing the nation is split down the middle, as many were the last time around. I'm willing to bet at least 80% of us aren't auto-blinded to accept and support everything or reject and oppose everything. Let's think it through, let's SOLVE and improve. Go team

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Exactly! I'm sure there will be a decision here and there that I won't like by President Trump and/or his administration. Let us just hope for the very best, for ALL citizens. I think in a couple years, it will be interesting to see how things have changed. I will compare the earth on that day (11/11/2018), versus what it is today.-11/11/2016. I will bump this thread on 11/11/2018, and I am going to save a document on my computer today that kind of gives me a snapshot of people's feelings today, and see how the world compares on that day. Let us hope for the best!
edit on 11/11/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I do not think the election protesters will see this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think you might be right. Most of the election protestors probably don't come to ATS, and have never heard of it.

I'm just posting this thread to share my opinions about the recent history of the outcomes of previous elections.

I will be planning on doing things to raise awareness in Donald Trump's administration that we want peace in the world, as much as that can be obtained.

Also, that we want an end to this drone program that allows murder. This is how you make change in America. Raise awareness. Raise it hard and be persistent!

I think the verdict is out on drones. The world doesn't agree in killing people without trial, because it is unjust and it is MURDER. That goes for ALL political parties. This is my way of hoping that a journalist or someone with some power will agree, and try to influence our President to do the right and just thing. I am for the rule of law, as long as it is righteous.

new topics

top topics

join