It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2012 Trump called for a revolution saying "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: gladtobehere

So you're mad because he won.

What can that mean, it's nothing to do with the OP, which happens to be true, so what can that mean?

You're mad too

Lol, not mad he won, at my age you need to be philosophical in all things.
best given by George Washington who did understand.

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism."
And,
"Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it."
That last paragraph was principally ignored in this last American election, mostly not by the people, but arguably by both candidates.
The reason Washington said that was because he understood it laid open to a despot dictator to come in charge, with all that entails.
I think the US now has one. That is my opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I don't understand the electoral college thing at all but in spite of that i will still say that I find it staggering that the people people do not elect the president directly themselves on a first past the post system.

Whats this gatekeeper in the process for??

Would one of its purposes be to ensure the every presidents come from either the republican or democrat faction?

Is it the case that the more gatekeepers there are the greater is the potential for corruption?

Is it still needed in this modern age?

thanks

<< 1   >>

join