It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny of the Majority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The opening phrase i love was used by John Adams in 1788;" Tyranny of the Majority "

I have my thoughts on politics, i wont share them since i live in a Democracy where its essential that freedom is the foundation of a modern western society. I believe most are chained to their instincts, not their needs and only a handful can truly break free..

Where i live we vote not because we believe in it, but because its our obligation and we are taught at a very young age;" You cant complain if you did not vote ".

And on voting day over 90% shows up to place their ballots, and choose whom will represent the people for the next four years.. A single person being chosen based on the modern virtues and values of our modern day western societies, or like in the American case, it reflects the culture and mentality of a people who never went past the Wild West.

Do i feel comfortable with knowing that people chose their own agendas before anything humane? Do i feel comfortable with people who will use slogans to massacre women and children in a far away nation defending a dream? Or in this case even on their backyard

Trump was chosen by the American people, its not Trump that is at fault, its the American people and no-one else, it never was anyone else than the people and their fantasized ideals through out time.

Being against everything is easy, working for anything is hard and takes commitment and time..

Like most western countries we are not disappointed with the results but with the lack of commitment the American Culture shown the rest of the world..
You chose a tyrant to represent you, and its a good thing for the world to see what the mentality is for the average American and its.......

Ill end with Plato;

“Democracy is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.”
— Plato

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
bs.

Hillary was the tyrant. she is totally corrupt and arrogant. the whole e-mail thing was based on her refusal to be held accountable.

rather than make a concession speech she had Podesta go out and tell everyone to go home. what does that say about her character?

we did not vote for tyranny Tuesday, we voted against it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

You chose a tyrant to represent you, and its a good thing for the world to see what the mentality is for the average American and its.......

Americans chose an unknown quantity over corruption.
No one really knows how a Trump Presidency will play out. I'm not very optimistic about it. But I'm pleased that America didn't elect a criminal.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thanks to the DNC & Dirty Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Trump is President. It might have been different, if the nomination wasn't stolen from Bernie. At least we will hopefully have good relations with Russia.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
The opening phrase i love was used by John Adams in 1788;" Tyranny of the Majority "

I have my thoughts on politics, i wont share them since i live in a Democracy where its essential that freedom is the foundation of a modern western society. I believe most are chained to their instincts, not their needs and only a handful can truly break free..

Where i live we vote not because we believe in it, but because its our obligation and we are taught at a very young age;" You cant complain if you did not vote ".

And on voting day over 90% shows up to place their ballots, and choose whom will represent the people for the next four years.. A single person being chosen based on the modern virtues and values of our modern day western societies, or like in the American case, it reflects the culture and mentality of a people who never went past the Wild West.

Do i feel comfortable with knowing that people chose their own agendas before anything humane? Do i feel comfortable with people who will use slogans to massacre women and children in a far away nation defending a dream? Or in this case even on their backyard

Trump was chosen by the American people, its not Trump that is at fault, its the American people and no-one else, it never was anyone else than the people and their fantasized ideals through out time.

Being against everything is easy, working for anything is hard and takes commitment and time..

Like most western countries we are not disappointed with the results but with the lack of commitment the American Culture shown the rest of the world..

Ill end with Plato;

“Democracy is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.”
— Plato

Every instinct in me wants to crush this post for the smug pseudo intellectual grabage it is.

However i will extend an olive branch and say that I'm sorry you feel that way. hopefully next time you pick a president favorite I hope they thank you for all the hard work and time you dedicated trying to inform others.

Trump supporter
#maga

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Settle down there OP, you're just mad Trump won!! Hillary would've put us deeper into tyranny and more than likely been the end of us.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

my thread is about cultural values, not sure what you read

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Everyone got what they deserve. Dems had a chance to back Bernie but chose the carpetbagger so you deserve Trump for your disloyalty to our country. Reps had a chance to back the reason of Ron Paul but chose to lose to Obama and be disloyal to your country. The people that love Trump for the person he is got what they deserve and what that is is yet to be seen. The fact that Putin is opening relations on day one and Trumps lack of a grudge towards those against him show good things on the horizon. Those that truly backed Clinton from the heart have either been absent the better part of three decades or are truly against the American people as a whole. Pack your sh#t I hear there's plenty of open land up north. Good riddance

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Tyrant? Maybe you haven't been paying attention and let that scam we call MSM tell you the "facts". It was sad that the Hillary supporters allowed them to turn us on each other. But we've heard enough of that for now.

So on that note. I want to congratulate my fellow Trump supporters on their hard earned win. Second, thank you Trump for saving us from a possible 2nd Cold War with Russia. Now it's time to make America great again, even if 1/2 the country doesn't want it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Man? You mean the same media that had him losing every poll? No haven't had much use for them since their 9/11 glorious marathon 9/11 coverage, plus I don't have cable. What I meant was dems didn't do for Bernie what reps did for Trump. Force him on the rnc...maybe next time

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Like most western countries we are not disappointed with the results but with the lack of commitment the American Culture shown the rest of the world.

Number 1 comes first. There isn't a country in the world that picks another over its own.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Deep State runs the USA (there even are scholar articles on the subject, google Peter Dale Scott), same thing in Europe. It doesn't matter what kind of already-designated puppet we chose, because «heads I win, tails you lose» could be an official motto for the elite. Concerning America's image in the rest of the world, it hasn't been bright for a long time and Trump's victory can hardly make it worse.

Democracy may work in countries like Iceland, where there are relatively few people who are all very educated and culturally homogeneous. When you deal with millions of T.V. dumbed-down people gathered in ethnically and socially divided groups (WASPS, Blacks, homosexuals, low/middle/upper classes etc) trying to win their piece of the cake regardless of Common Good, you can be pretty sure you're dealing with an oligarchy moving under the convenient façade of «democracy».

new topics

top topics

join