It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton is leading the Polls...no wait...Trump is leading in the Polls...or, um...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The polls are not fake.

No, not fake but sometimes wrong. They are Opinion Polls...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Which polls are the most historically acurate? Those are the only ones we should be listening to.

A right wing poll will show Trump winning, and a left wing poll will show Hillary winning. That's just good tactics, but it isn't truth. You want your side riled up and ready to vote.

Most polls I'm seeing aren't even showing third party candidates or are only for certain age ranges etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The polls that matter open tomorrow morning.

I will check the results on Wednesday morning.

We will have two and a half months to get used to the fact that one of them won, whether we like them or not.

Then comes the hard part.

The next four years.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

The polls are not fake.

Yes, they can be wrong, either because of polling error or, in the particular case of election polls, because they have failed to accurately predict voter turnout.

That's one reason it's important to view all the polls, which is why I frequent Nate SIlver's site.

However, if there was a particularly widespread problem with turnout assumptions, it could even lead a site like Silver's off track. He has articles speaking about this very thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The polls are not fake.

Yes, they can be wrong, either because of polling error or, in the particular case of election polls, because they have failed to accurately predict voter turnout.

That's one reason it's important to view all the polls, which is why I frequent Nate SIlver's site.

However, if there was a particularly widespread problem with turnout assumptions, it could even lead a site like Silver's off track. He has articles speaking about this very thing.

Such as the massive unexpected increase and turnout of Latino voters?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I get in political discussions with my daughters and some friends and we will argue as to who is the least corrupt, not as to who is the best candidate. The conversations always start with "both candidates shouldn't even be able to run for president".

This is so different than the way it used to be, at least you could be proud of your choice, we didn't argue about who was the least bad years ago to decide how to vote. The thing is that almost everyone that I converse with agrees both candidates suck.

Is this the new world order?

Is this place turning into Hell?

Only one more day, what a relief. I hate these political Soap Operas. Can't the people running their campaigns see how their candidate is, If I were working on one of these two candidates campaigns, I would vote for the opponent. Are the American people getting so blind that they cannot see that these candidates should not be running?

I have nothing against Clinton or Trump, Clinton should not be working anymore and Trump should be running his businesses and creating more jobs for people.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Are the American people getting so blind that they cannot see that these candidates should not be running?

Yes.

And yes.

(I would say "God help America," but I'm beginning to think He's not going to...because He is as disgusted with this country as I am.)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

LOL, except when you have 6 polls using the same method and then two or three polls using a different method and the two or three polls using distinct and different methods come up with close to the same result...You give a weighted average based on all the polls and it will look one way, when what you'd be better off doing is weighting the polls based on the number of differential methods. Do that and it looks completely different.

Jaden

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ignore the polls and go vote. Especially tomorrow when they start pushing the exit polls for the purposes of depressing Trump voters. Just get out and vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The polls are not fake.

Such as the massive unexpected increase and turnout of Latino voters?

Yes.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Greggers

LOL, except when you have 6 polls using the same method and then two or three polls using a different method and the two or three polls using distinct and different methods come up with close to the same result...You give a weighted average based on all the polls and it will look one way, when what you'd be better off doing is weighting the polls based on the number of differential methods. Do that and it looks completely different.

Jaden

Well, I agree with you on the LOL part.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Is this the new world order?

Actually, no. We've improved.

I teach history these days. Nothing's perfect, but we've come a long way since the Roman emperors and the Dark Ages. And if you think America is bad, go live in Syria for awhile... or Haiti... or North Korea... or a lot of other places (particularly those under a dictator) with unreliable infrastructure (like Egypt and the countryside of most Caribbean nations) and where only the elite have services while everyone else struggles and starves (most third world countries.)

You'll feel much better about America. Trust me on this one.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Either way, we'll find out tomorrow night what happens. Only one way to find out

edit on 7-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join