It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ‘SNL’ skit is news according to USA TODAY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

As a contentious election season nears a close, we find ourselves longing for that cliché beauty pageant answer: world peace. Which is exactly what Saturday Night Live gave us during its open this weekend.

Of course, before calling for a verbal ceasefire, our candidates Hillary Clinton (Kate McKinnon) and Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) exchanged blows, after all writers had a lot of material to work with this week.
SOURCE

A Saturday Night Live skit is newsworthy enough to be reported by USA TODAY? Is this a recent trend where a comedy sketch on television is news?

As for the skit, I found it funny. I think it's clearly left-leaning, but what else is to be expected from NBC?

This will probably be the last Saturday Night Live skit featuring both of these characters. Does that make it historical?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I only checked this forum thinking that it wouldn't belong in any other. Does this belong in the Television forum?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I would think so considering Saturday Night Live is a television program.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Considering its posted in their entertainment section i don't see your point

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I changed the emphasis of this thread from the video to the fact that USA TODAY reported on it. I think that is something right of The Onion in itself.

What I meant by this thread belonging in this forum and not in the Television forum is in my view, all "jokes, puns, & pranks" regardless of where they originate from belong here. If that's not how others see it, I have no problem with that. I just would have expected everyone to see it that way.

a reply to: Indigent

I grew up watching Entertainment Tonight. A television sketch was not newsworthy back then. The Internet may have changed things, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You forgot the already posters, wrong forum and attack the messengers, self appointed mods filled with themselves.

I think SNL's news satires over the decades are hilarious. To Understand SNLs comedy skits poking fun at the news we have to go waaay back...

edit on 6-11-2016 by intrptr because: added YouTube

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You forgot the already posters, wrong forum and attack the messengers, self appointed mods filled with themselves.

I think SNL's news satires over the decades are hilarious. The more so the further back you go.

Great talent isn't always around.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
...and attack the messengers...

What message got attacked my cranky friend?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Memes abound.

Anything election is newsworthy right now. Though none of it is new. We believe it is because the loudest source proclaims it.

Nothing new under the sun.

Say yay, yay or nay, nay.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Etc: Notice how mods took no action, but the thread was derailed just the same.

top topics

join