It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a resolve as a result of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I go back to this site as a result of a very good question that was presented.... ATS: High IQ members and the nature of intelligence >>

Taking into account on the bases of your intellingence, and how it controls your daily life, and the way it affects those around you... What would be the one most Passion, desire you have and wish to express here in a resolve to our current World problems, a solution that you could (only in words right now) find your True added value? As simple as it may be, or as complexed as it is. Think about that for awhile, and I will get back to all of you with hopes of hearing the " One Thing You could Change... Regardless of your position in life right now! Just one Effort on your behalf to make a difference in Your/Our IQ. Otherwise it could go to waste! Along other aspects of our life!
Maybe someone will hear you, and run with that info and make a change!
So far, all of you have made a difference in my life by hearing you! We can talk the talk, can we walk the walk. Right Now there are allot of people in postions that can't, and make a difference to all of us on shortsidedness...
Speak your mind on this... right down to the uglyness that exists right now that you could change if you could!

The floor is yours......................
Jesse

[edit on 25-1-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A major problem in America, and indeed the world, is the persistent failure to combine the benefits of an agricultural society with the advances in technology and automation available today. With hydroponic warehouses, fish grown in a barrel, and large quantities of farm land freed up for natural growth, power generation, and water usage control, America would see tangible benefits from a switch to an Agri-Industrial society. The process would take less than a decade, and if attempted honestly and with only a small margin of greed, could feed and clothe every man woman and child in the nation for pennies compared to dollars.

Hemp could play a huge role in the New Revolution. As a medicinal OTC drug, it could eliminate half of all health complaints, and as a fibre, it outstrips all the competition in terms of durability, rate of growth, resistance to disease and temperature fluctuation, low water usage, high plant per acre density, flexible sun requirement, and nutritional benefit to the soil. It also doesn't require sulfur to take dye, which means reduced business for sulfur mines, but increased global aptmospheric and groundwater purity. That's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

This change I'm proposing would move many people out of the cities, and since city life has been proven to cause mental illness, this would be another quantifiable bottom-line benefit. Of course, insurance companies and psychiatrists would lose money, but the quality of life for the average person would improve dramatically. Oxygen levels would rise, probably reducing cancer levels, and carbon dioxide levels would drop in an Agri-Industrial society.

Robots are already capable of doing most of the work, meaning there would be no less cause for illegal aliens to cross the border. High tech jobs would explode, while menial labor positions would shrink, a trend that would encourage more education in the masses and a higher average salary among working households. Unemployment roles would be much higher, but if the costs of supporting a household dropped significantly (as they would if food, clothes, and building materials were 1/10th the cost) the increase could be easily managed.

My ideal society is one where the basic choice for a child is, do I want to be a doctor/engineer and live an opulent lifestyle, or do I want to be an artist, and just get by on my meager, but wholly sufficient, government assistance. Many people think everyone would choose to be an artist, I disagree. Money still maintains its allure if its relegated to the purchase of luxury items. The difference is of course, in a system like I've proposed money is not necessary for life, only for luxury. That is a system that will never be embraced by those in power who worship the dollar, and relish the control the demand for it gives them over the citizens.

I'm also a proponent of a National Television Network, with at least one dedicated government channel, showing constant, in depth political news and featuring interactive, real-time issues based voting on the part of the populace. This is feasible and cheap with today's technology.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WyrdeOne, a man of preception... thank you for sharing, it will make a difference once this concept starts... You have answers!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm surprise this has not taken a interest in others... Are there not any solutions that you have thought of that could make a difference in all aspects of our world problems? I'm just asking for one!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, I think WyrdeOne killed your thread with that great post. How's anyone going to follow that?

They only way I would augment WyrdeOne's idea is by limiting population growth. I would also like to add that education would help these ideas.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
poonchang, Your right he did make a profound statement, however his is only a few ideas of a solution, I wish to hear more. You have given one, there are others.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Are there any others that can share thoughts for a solution (regarldless of what it is) that no one else can see but you? Some have the ability to see outside of the box, answers come from there!
I will give mine once I'm certain of all of your honest insight(s) Get mean, get ugly, in giving your One most profound resolve of the many shortcomings that affect each of us. I have only heard of two so far. Both had a deep understanding of current issues... How would you achieve it?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A major problem in America, and indeed the world, is the persistent failure to combine the benefits of an agricultural society with the advances in technology and automation available today.

Actually here in the United States the advancement of Technology in the Agriculture Society is fairly steady and ongoing. I grew up on a soy bean farm, we had pigs as well. The Problem is the cost of getting your product out of field and to market is beyond the average small farmers means to be a mainstay of Society. One of the reasons there is a great deal of Government Subsidies for Farmers.

The process would take less than a decade, and if attempted honestly and with only a small margin of greed, could feed and clothe every man woman and child in the nation for pennies compared to dollars.

A small margin of greed is a "pie in the sky" mentality. There will always be more greed than unselfish generosity.

Hemp could play a huge role in the New Revolution. As a medicinal OTC drug, it could eliminate half of all health complaints

Hemp will not eliminate "half of all health complaints". Does it have medicinal benefits? To a point Yes. Does it have side effects that eliminate inhibitions and rational logical thought processes? Definately Yes. Would a Highly Technological Agriculture Society permit their workers operating heavy equipment to use mind altering drugs? Hell NO! Not on my Farm.

This change I'm proposing would move many people out of the cities, and since city life has been proven to cause mental illness, this would be another quantifiable bottom-line benefit.

Many depression/suicide stats show that states with low urban populations have a higher suicide rate than those with higher urban populations per capita. Also Hemp induced lack of inhibitions lead teens to have sex too early in life and sexually active kids are more likely to be depressed according to the National Longitudinal Survey of Adoles­cent Health and higher depression can lead to suicide.

High tech jobs would explode, while menial labor positions would shrink

How do you figure this? A boom in Agriculture will require more cheap labor farm workers otherwise the cost of bringing product to market (like it is now) will outweigh the benefits of producing the product. High tech jobs only boom in a High Tech Society where research is devoted to bringing about newer technologies that tend to eliminate manufacturing and Industrial jobs. Thus losing the work force and cutbacks send those hightech jobs to cheaper markets over seas.

as they would if food, clothes, and building materials were 1/10th the cost

How would this come around? Hemp Farms? Explain the Cost vs ROI on this. I don't see anything like a 1/10th or even 1/100th drop in cost based on anything posted here.

My ideal society is one where the basic choice for a child is, do I want to be a doctor/engineer and live an opulent lifestyle, or do I want to be an artist, and just get by on my meager, but wholly sufficient, government assistance.

So Doctors/Engineers should supliment with their taxes the life of pot smoking lazy artists? (I am not bashing artists I believe actual artists can support themselves if they obtain professional jobs. I know both types. Artists that contract out work and provide services to companies for graphics and marketing and other avenues. I also know the pot smoking, "man I don't know why my crappy art isn't selling.", why must I stay home and watch the kids while my wife goes out to work, artists.

There are so many things wrong with what you have proposed. And its not because society will never become moneyless. That is very possible, but based soley on a persons benefit to that society.

Higher and Better Education is needed, but at a resonable and affordable value to ensure the highest graduate count possible. An Education vs. Guaranteed Loyalty program, where a company pays for the education of a future employee with a contract stating they must provide X number of years of paid employment to that company after graduation, the military does this and it can work in regular society as well. Laws that prevent the offshoring of High paying jobs to lower cost foreign nations. Government subsidies for providing higher levels of environmentally friendly job sites. A better more affordable Health Care Program. A foreign policy that promotes interaction with other nations, not interference. No interference in any countries politcs ever, no matter what the resaon or possible outcome. Let them solve their own problems and we won't ask for their interference in our politics. War should never be an easy descision to make. It should be a last result and without interference in other countries there should be less animosities towards the US.

Phae

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Phaethor, Thank you for your reply, very insightful I might add. there have been only a few reply's so far, but each one has some merit... I looking forwards to more opinions/solutions. Thanks
Jesse

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Until we can come to terms which way this thread will go, consider if you will, this thread authored by" JungleJake"

The Kid's yours, beat them up as much as you'd like

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The world will do better once united as a whole, hence bring on the the alien invasion to quash our differences, the we will thrive as this planet should do

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Scaart, Okay until we come together as a whole, or wait for a Alien invasion takes place, Where would be the one suggestion you have that could resolve a known problem, rather it be Child abuse, Elderly care, Hunger, and how many thousands more that could be added here... Pick One Scaart, how would you solve it?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hmm, How would i resolve it??? thats the big question, im sorry to say that 1 person cannot resolve the decline the world is going through, there is not one reslolution that will dramatically change the we way we work internally, i myself still opt for out of world interference that will make drastic changes to our planet, but i cannot put a finger on it yet........ do you have any say in this debate jessmole ? how do you think this world will change ?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaart
Hmm, How would i resolve it??? thats the big question, im sorry to say that 1 person cannot resolve the decline the world is going through, there is not one reslolution that will dramatically change the we way we work internally, i myself still opt for out of world interference that will make drastic changes to our planet, but i cannot put a finger on it yet........ do you have any say in this debate jessmole ? how do you think this world will change ?

Scaart, sorry it has taken me a little while on getting back on site and topic... Been busy doing a passion that I have outside of my Job... I wish I had that same desire in my line of work... one time I did. Right now, I just maintain it to provide... So How Can Just One Person Make a change...
Really? Scaart, think about this, I suspect that you provide something for yourself, family, and all other aspects of your daily life, to others that You think might be pointless.. Is it? If so, how can you make a simple solution to do it better, if not simple, Deep resolve thats will require more effort to make it better! That is something in it self that is out of this world to realize! Expecting a Alien intervention, or a Religious realization, or whatever it is that takes you in doing it right, in your heart... It take less energy to do so, and we feel better by it... I suspect you know the other results of not doing so.
Okay, yes I do have a opinion, and deep conviction in such a debate that you have asked in your last question...

Its the Child, that is hungry, cold, abused, and asking why I'm here to live this way, when there is more.... It just takes one person to reverse that.

Are you the One?

I do have many more concerns, right now just looking for the pulse of this thread... Right now there has been some good insight, that has gone only so far, it's only been a repeat of know problems... I go back to my question... Do you have a resolve/solution to any of the thousands of problems that needs to be addressed?

Right now the system is not working well with the current methods that have been put in place.

Looking forwards from hearing more of you, and others!

Jesse

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Money still maintains its allure if its relegated to the purchase of luxury items. The difference is of course, in a system like I've proposed money is not necessary for life, only for luxury. That is a system that will never be embraced by those in power who worship the dollar, and relish the control the demand for it gives them over the citizens.

Money will maintain its allure so long as it affords efficiency. Civilized cultures throughout history have employed a monetary/token economy precisely to maintain the integrity of the population.

Could you please divulge the military ramifications of an Agri-Industrial society? I'd imagine it would be a large change from what we currently employ.

MK

new topics

top topics

join