It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of the Ouija...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have been wondering for some time where the ouija board originated from. There has been numerous threads on here about these boards, but I haven't read any explaining their origin.

Various sources have different views, and after reading them I have gotten confused.
The general idea is that they originated in 1890, used basically as a game. If this is so, then why is it used today as a tool to communicate with the dead?

I would appreciate some links if I am going in the wrong direction. Or even links in general to explain the origin.

Thanx.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
members.aol.com...

The basic concept of the Ouija Board dates back to Pythagoras in 540 BCE. He would interpret messages from the spirit world with his student Phlolaus*2The Apocrypha The concept of the refined Ouija Board was invented in 1853 by French spiritualist, M. Planchette. The Ouija Board was a large piece of paper and the wedge was heartshaped with two wheels on each end. The third end had a pencil attached. Then people one or more people would place their fingers on it and the wedge would move and draw pictures or form words. The modern Ouija Board is now a board with number and letters. The modern board was invented around 1892 by Elija J Bond and William Fuld in Baltimore The wedge or planchette can changed to plastic. All rights to the Ouija Board were purchased by Parker Brother in 1966. The Ouija Board sales has been second only to Monopoly. (P168-169, Spirit Guides & Angels, Richard Wesbster)

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I has always bee used as a tool to communicate with other entities.....not just the dead and there's the problem....there is no way to control what it is your bringing through the board...none...and negative entities will mix just enough truth with lie to make you think your talking to Aunt Agatha or whomever it is you wanted....there are ways to protect yourself from any negative entity that come through but it take a lot of experience and usually those with the experience don't play with Ouija boards...it those that have no idea what they are doing that play with them.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here is another site with similar info:Ouija
but seems less serious. But I do not mean to detract from the serious warning that LadyV mentions.

new topics

top topics

join