It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For Shoving Cell Phones Down Our Throats!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I miss the telegraph.

You're not that old , are you?

Oh my, 'what hath god wrought'?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
You're not that old , are you?

Spiritually I am.

Now get the hell off my metaphorical lawn.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yeah I get the benefits. I think there are extremes though and I really think as a society we have become cell phone heads. We are to consumed and reliant on cell phone technology to our own detriment. Just exactly what are we going to do when the day comes and service is interrupted for an extended period of time or period?

They have basically said you don't need your land line lifeline anymore when in fact the day comes, there will be many people very sorry for not having another way to communicate.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have one of those cell phone devices.

It plays the videos, and I can even change the ring tones on it.

I'm technical though so many of you probably won't know how to do that. (it even has a "calculator application" on it.)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorcery!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True.

I have to keep it in Holy Water most of the time.

(when someone calls, it gives me tiny electrical jolts. So whenever I spasm and soil myself, I know I have a call coming in)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
...So whenever I spasm and soil myself, I know I have a call coming in

Nice cover story. Not buying it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'd reply more. . . . but I have a call coming in.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Mobile/cell phones are a toy that turned into a necessity for some.

I grew up without one. It wasn't till the late 90s that I got my first one. They make life easier for a lot of people, me included.

I couldn't imagine not being able to pick up the phone to check on my wife or daughter on a whim.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I moved to an area that has world class trout rivers, great hunting, and almost no cell coverage... It's friggin wonderful.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whenever you see Dumbass walking/sitting outside busy with his cellphone he probably saw you first and didn't want to talk to you and to prevent that he is playing with his cellphone.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a regular land line phone and a cheap cell phone. I buy a card for the amount of minutes I want and don't need all the bells and whistles of the fancy expensive ones.

I can't stand seeing people in restaurants where they have their heads down and are texting or talking instead of paying attention to whoever they are with, even on a Holiday when some family members are there that you don't get to see much throughout the year. Texting while driving is highly irresponsible and could put people's lives in danger. I hate when someone texts me when they could have just as easily talked to me on the phone. Is that so friggin hard? Just talk to me!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just remembered...the times I see kids coming home from school, heads down texting on their phones and keep walking while they are headed toward the edge of the sidewalk and almost fall into traffic. Idiots!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wow. never seen you so riled up before, not sure how to deal, I know it used to be how ridiculous it was to email everyone, nobody ever sends a letter in written form anymore. If my kid was young, he would not have a smart anything that is for sure, he would get one of those prepaid jobs with only call ability for emergency only.

When I see people doing stupid things it just makes me want to walk up to them and shake the living daylights out of them or follow them to their next stop and steal their phone.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
...nobody ever sends a letter in written form anymore.

I constantly lament the fact that we no longer use parchment as a means of data storage.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Wow. never seen you so riled up before, not sure how to deal...

Ahahaha! Sorry, my halo was out being polished somewhere. LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I kind of miss having pen pals and writing and receiving letters in the mail. I love parchment paper!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I will get you a quill pen and some ink for Hanukah.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Text messages, selfies, blue tooths, apps

I have been forced to own one. Why? Because the stupid companies that think sending a text message for security purposes is the only way to do business.

Have you also been forced to take selfies, use a device with Bluetooth capacity (it's not plural, and it's one word, it's a name, so it's capitalized), or install any apps?

You can write, send and receive SMS messages (I think you mean this when you say 'text message') on phones that do not have capability to take photos or use Bluetooth, or install apps. So it's on you, if you confuse SMARTPHONE with CELL PHONE.

I have never owned a smartphone, but I don't mind using a cell phone. Yeah, banks are really annoying, and this kind of idiotic requirement is mind-bogglingly strange, but you can get used to it. You don't have to own a smartphone just because you need text messages.

Don't confuse smartphone with cell phone, they can be very different things.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I totally agree. I can't stand cellphones. You can't even send people to voicemail when you're busy anymore because people will just text you instead. Don't they see i'm busy! If I wanted to or could talk to you, I would have answered my phone! People blocking you and getting attitudes for you not texting back immediately. I don't have time to constantly baby sit all these social media apps. There are too many ways for people to contact you now. You got facebook, twitter, personal emails (like 10 or so), work and business emails, facebook messenger, google duo, instagram, snap chat, linkedIn, DAMN! Can I get some privacy please?! They're all buzzing and digging, and chirping, with all their notifications of which I give 2 cents about!
The only thing I like is GPS. However, I used to think that letting people have immediate access to you by carrying a cell-phone around would be great......until I started carrying one! Ridiculous of me to think that giving 100+ so called "facebook friends" access to me 24hrs a day, 7 days a week would be a good thing! How can I get out of this situation?! I feel trapped! I wish we could go back to just computers and land line home phones. I wish we could go back to the days of cheap 25 cent calls at a pay phone which limits the time you 're talking to boring gossipy people, because all you have to say is, " Oh, I have to go, my call time has ran out." Then you get to hang up with no questions asked, nothing to explain and prove, with NO PROBLEMS!
edit on 9-3-2022 by willishar because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join