It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Is A Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
To start this off, I am not attacking the existence or non existance of a God.

We all know that many churches, past, present, and future, have achived or will achieve a certain level of corruptness. In the beginning, it hinged on money, and today it still hinges on money. The problem is severe, and overwhelming. Why is it like this?

The reason is very easy to come up with. People refuse to question. I am a supporter of our president in some aspects. I do not, however, believe every word that comes out of his mouth. I question the things he says and the things he does. How many of you believe everything he says? How many of you believe everything you are told by anyone? I guarantee most of you question your leaders in this aspect. Where the problem lies is here. Human nature is to question, especially when it comes to things we cannot understand. For some reason though, many people choose not to question authority figures at their church. I cannot figure this out fully, but I am attempting.

I have mentioned a specific example which sticks in my head before about seeing the face of God, but now I have a different one. A bible worksheet from a bible study brought to me described how God does not tempt. If you look into the bible though, it specifically says "And God Did Tempt Abraham". I am pretty sure that most revised versions of the bible have taken out the word tempt, and replaced it with test. OIlder versions defnitely still have tempt. This is more than likely due to the fact that the bible specifically says in other passages that God does not tempt. What I am getting at here is this. At that bible study, everyone surely took the Pastor's word for it that God does not tempt...without question. Whether or not it is true is not of my concern, rather the lack of questioing. Surely there is at least reason to question this statement. Yet no-one does. This is abnormal human behavior in my opinion...at least in todays society (not in earlier ones).

It is this blind trust, whether correct or not, that allows millions to be controlled and manipulated by religious leaders. By liars such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell who make millions on their ability to exploit peoples irrationlal lack of questioning on this subject. This subject, may be the most important subject of all by the way. One that definitely warrants full attention to detail.

Religion or your belief in God may be genuine. God may be real. Churches though are largely corrupt. They have this ability because religious people (even those not belonging to a specific church) are so defensive of their beliefs that they CHOOSE not to question. They are aware that problems may arise if they do question. They CHOOSE not to as a defense. This allows for control. This allows for the biggest conspiracy of all to occur.

Even on the most rational seeming people.

This means, that many people actually CHOOSE to allow themselves to be controlled. They CHOOSE to allow this to be a conspiracy.

Conspiracy means that yes, religious leaders in my opinion are aware of these issues. They continue along their misleading paths regardless. Some collaborate, and some do not. Some are genuine. It is though, the organization after all, that actually controls you.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
They have this ability because religious people (even those not belonging to a specific church) are so defensive of their beliefs that they CHOOSE not to question. . . .This means, that many people actually CHOOSE to allow themselves to be controlled. They CHOOSE to allow this to be a conspiracy.

I understand what you are saying here, but I must ask you about the part I quoted above.
If this is what people are choosing - then they must be satisfied with it on some level. Those who are being controlled choose to be - then what answer is there to the problem of corruption?
It is a huge problem with no easy answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I totally agree. I have found corruption in all houses of worship, from masjids to temples. My people have a saying "All pandits are bandits". Pandits in Hindu religion are supposed to act on your behalf in performing rituals for whatever you can afford to give them, nowadays, you have pandits who demand exhorbitant amounts to perform the same rituals that we have been doing for ages. Some even refuse to perform rituals for the poor because their fat bellies are never satisfied. It is sad to say that a good honest pandit is becoming harder and harder to find in this country and around the world

practing religion in any house of worship shouldn't cost you a penny.

Unfortunately I don't see the situation changing in any house of worship, it will continue as long as people blindly accept and refuse to question or look deep inside and understand religious philosophy.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is the exact reason you should go straight to the source. Whatever holy book your religion believes in, read it. Church should be a place to maybe help you understand what you've read, or help you to come to your own conclusion. Never follow anyone blindly. Makes sense. And by the way, not everyone does choose to be controlled, because it may have started before they were able to think for themselves, and likely brainwashing them before they could resist. Lots of people were born into it.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Martin Luther also arrived at your conclusion, and thus the Protestant denomination was born.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Great observation JJ McKool ! Straight to the source. That way you can say something like, "Hey, that's not what I read in the Bible." If you don't read the source then you are going in blindly, accepting interpretations which could be false.

Troy

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned organized religion exists so groups of people can be controlled to do what ever the creator of their religion wishes. In one religion. Ten percent of your weekly check and asking for forgiveness get you into heaven. Another religion says you have too work a cetain number of hours in your life and strictly follow guidelines to get into heaven. What ever the religion needs from its people is how they make their rules of worship. Some want money, work, Some religions want you to stop everything in your life for them three times a day while facing west to pray. I am not saying I don't believe in god or a creator, because i do. All I'm saying is I'm not letting anybody down here tell me how to live because of a book or belief that they have. Me I say try and be a good person don't hurt your fellow man intentionally and if there is an afterlife then Your're on Your way to heaven. Be an greedy blind abusive creep and if theres an after life then you be headin for damnation. But if there isn't an afterlife then at I lived my life the way I felt life should be led.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Uh, martin luther led to the lutheran church, the protestant was actually founded because of an English King who didn't like the pope because the church wouldn't divorce him and his wife.

Ric

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Power corrupts, thats why religions like Budhism try to get you to strip yourself of that kind of thinking, and that attempt at gaining so much power over other people. Many churches will start off with the purest of intentions, but so few can handle the temptation of using your power that has been gained over the population. Think of how many times noble people have used the Church, or god as an excuse to start a war? The crusades sowed the seeds of hate between muslims and christians, 700 000 of them butchered. All because it was too easy for them to use their power.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have to agree.

I was once a member of a church that became extremely greedy over the years. Now, I don't feel that every church starts out corrupt, but a lot of them become corrupt. In this particular church, we started out having a separate tithes and offerings once each Sunday service. Then, it went to love offerings in addition to the aforementioned ones, all at the same time. Then, there was one offering before all the other 3, all on the same day. Then, they started taking offerings every Wednesday night, which was when we had Bible study.

It got to the point that they would count out the money after each collection and then ASK for more money! The explanation was always "We're not begging, we just need some more money." They even had the treasurer write up a song with the lyrics "If you want to be blessed, pay your tithes and your offerings." I am dead serious, I am not making this up.

Just wanted to share that with ya.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As many have noted, the problem runs to the root.

So many try to make you feel guilty over having money, so they 'offer' to take it off your hands!

The Devil is not called The Great Deceiver for fun, it is because any one who wishes to do the Devil's bidding will go to great lengths to deceive people, and unfortunately people would rather be deceived (or be led, as someone else incorrectly referred to it, people do not show up to be led, but end up giving power to the Church through deception).

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This isn't about power, money, or mind control. Let's stop dancing around the excuses and tell me please why you oppose church truly.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Always was,and remains one of the most lucrative in history.If god exists,why do people always worship in/to structures built by so-called 'sinning' humans instead of outside beholding such a creator's splendid works of nature-or are the elements to harsh?Kind souls perform benevolent & generous acts unconditionally without seeking reward,favor or praise-they are just being themselves for that is their nature and never required a belief in such a system.Being near a university I watch church members have students cars towed for daring to park in their half-empty lot,every day of the week,not just on crowded Sundays.I could go on but I have no intention of persuading anyone of my beliefs since it is impossible to persuade me to theirs.

new topics

top topics

join