It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All these psychopaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I find idealistic adults immature, like children who never grew up. The cold harsh world of reality was so dark and depressing, so making their own imaginary world became a purpose and a meaning; declaring lets make this world into a asylum of insanity and God knows if anyone finds out we better just terrorize the s# out of him so the person stops..

I found a great article called;" LIVING WITH A PSYCHOPATH - WHEN THE MASK SLIPS "

Ill just quote a piece of the article;

The psychopathic approach includes three phases: the
assessment phase, the manipulation phase and the
abandonment phase.

Psychopaths are often voluble and verbally facile. They can be
amusing and entertaining conversationalists, ready with a
clever comeback, and are able to tell unlikely but convincing
stories that cast themselves in a good light. They can be very
effective in presenting themselves well and are often very
likable and charming.

Some psychopaths are opportunistic, aggressive predators
who will take advantage of almost anyone they meet, while
others are more patient, waiting for the perfect, innocent
victim to cross their path. In each case, the psychopath is
constantly sizing up the potential usefulness of an individual
as a source of money, power, sex or influence.

Once the psychopath has identified a victim, the manipulation
phase begins. During the manipulation phase, a psychopath
may create a persona or mask, specifically designed to ‘work’
for his or her target. A psychopath will lie to gain the trust of
their victim. A psychopath’s lack of empathy and guilt allows
them to lie with ease - “they don’t see the value of telling the
truth unless it will help get them what they want".

Im sure a few finds themselves in this article, and i hope some do.. Cause in the end, we are all mad, but we are not all psychopaths..
I think i quoted once before;" What separates us from the animals is not the shame, its guilt, but im sure that ideal is convincing "

If you want the whole article; Living with a psychopath

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I find that that 'idealism' is all to often built around 'other's' pronouncements as to what is ideal. This then undercuts the individuals own maturation process, rather derails it onto the tracks of an other's sense of the 'golden city' on up ahead at the end of the line. This rail-line to the ideal allows them to sit back in the comfort of being surrounded by others who are on the ride while leaving the steering to the driver, even though even the driver is stuck on the tracks of a pre-established route.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: tikbalang

I find that that 'idealism' is all to often built around 'other's' pronouncements as to what is ideal. This then undercuts the individuals own maturation process, rather derails it onto the tracks of an other's sense of the 'golden city' on up ahead at the end of the line. This rail-line to the ideal allows them to sit back in the comfort of being surrounded by others who are on the ride while leaving the steering to the driver, even though even the driver is stuck on the tracks of a pre-established route.

Idealism There is not much more..

idealism manifests as a skepticism about the possibility of knowing any mind-independent thing. In a sociological sense, idealism emphasizes how human ideas—especially beliefs and values—shape society

Ideal: existing in idea

join