It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Researchers Find A Secret Nazi-Era Arctic Weather Station

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
IFL Science

A weather station on the island of Alexandra Land in the Arctic Circle is involved in a story concerning secret Nazi science projects and meteorologists poisoned by polar bear meat. The story is so strange, it's often dismissed as an odd war-time myth. But some 72 years later, Russian researchers have stumbled on the site of this lost weather station, along with a handful of wartime relics from the 1940s, according to the Russian Arctic National Park.

Now this is neat. Not everyday you find a secret Nazi base.

I wonder if there is any truth to some of the secret bases reported to have been constructed in Antarctica. I suppose it will only be a matter of time before we discover the truth of just how far the arm of the Third Reich reached.

I wonder what kind of experiment were actually being conducted at this research station. The Nazis did have a thing for occult studies and scientific endeavor.

Enjoy the read folks.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Considering the Technology available to the Germans in the 1940's concerning Surviving in Hostile Environments , I have Serious Doubts that any Antarctica Bases could be Established , Supplied , and Maintained for any extended period of time . A Good Fictional Story though .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

We're still uncovering what the Nazis were researching and building all those years ago.

They were very forward thinking when it came to scientific endeavor and application of certain scientific concepts.

It wouldn't surprise me to know they established even a temporary base in the South Pole.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They found Frankenstein's monster (his iceberg ended up on the island) and were developing an army of him.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

" It wouldn't surprise me to know they established even a temporary base in the South Pole. "

A Possibility , Hiter and Himmer were Very Determined Psychopaths , the German Military Personal and POW's were Disposable Assets used as a Means to an end .

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Wow, that's pretty wild.

That island is way way way up north... just how far did Nazi Germany's tentacles actually reach?!

In this particular case, it looks like myth has come to actual fruition with some physical evidence.

Makes me wonder if maybe there's a hint of truth to the movie "Iron Sky" afterall:

*snicker snicker*

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
admin edit:*SNIP* Play the topic not your fellow member...

To the OP, it is an interesting piece and provokes the decades old notion that the Nazis were active in building 'secret' bases in Antarctica. If they find Frankenstein's arm in his iceberg in the Artic, I do wonder what parts of his they kept in-hiding 90 degrees south. Seems unlikely, but if the Nazis did build bases in Antartica I sure would like to know how it has been 8 decades later and research expedition after expedition that they haven't been found. I can only imagine so many known routes were available in the 30s/40s and those would have been retraced many times; progression of technology and the continued scientific expeditions along with permanently occupied research outposts suggests that the means the Nazis had to: 1) make it safely to the interior of the continent; 2) survive for decades, would have been viewed by satellites (i.e. the artificial routes created to travel to wherever would be easily spotted against the natural terrain) and the by-products of continuous survival (i.e. refuse, energy production, food production, etc.) would have been observed without fail. Of course, that is if they ever did make it and build they would have done so above ground...maybe they made it safely, built with minimal supplies, easily covered their tracks, and went subterranean without ever coming back up?

You know what? I just convinced myself that Frankenstein's arm was likely trapped in his iceberg and the decades old notion of Nazis in Antartica is just a lame attempt at creating a legend.
edit on 10-22-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Frankenaziclones?

My god...

Phage you're one of them, aren't you?

Lmfao...all joking side, great thread OP. Very interesting stuff. Must have been fairly difficult to sustain operations in such a demanding environment at that time in our technoligical evolution.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Wow, that's pretty wild.

That island is way way way up north... just how far did Nazi Germany's tentacles actually reach?!

In this particular case, it looks like myth has come to actual fruition with some physical evidence.

That U-boat fleet was all over the globe.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I wonder if it was just a weather station and nothing else, make sense to build spaceships there though, it's easy to get supplies, scientists and information in and out of the Arctic

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Well, they left a unmanned weather station in Northern Labrador, Dominion of Newfoundland in October 1943.

Installing the equipment for the station was the only known armed German military operation on land in North America during the Second World War. After the war it was forgotten about until its rediscovery in 1977.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
They found Frankenstein's monster (his iceberg ended up on the island) and were developing an army of him.

I don't know what kind of garbage nonsense that is.

Everyone knows they built an army of girls with duck faces and cats.

Haven't you seen what's actually on the internet?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

WE had a neat Arctic base (see interesting but longish doco above) once. It was supposed to be all innocent. But the idea was to test out the structural stability of an ice base, and then sneak in a bunch of nuclear missiles hidden in ice silos.

Alas. The arctic ice creeps, constantly. It wasn't but about a year and the tunnels started crunching shut.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I agree with you but,,but,,Phage is important. Hasn't he told you? Everyone loves him.

Regarding the find.

It is significant in terms of historical exploration and determination of how far the Germans would attempt to expand their Reich. I sincerely hope they discovered diaries expanding the experience of the persons who attempted to establish a base for whatever reasons.

Kind regards, bally
edit on 22-10-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
that's where hitler lived out his life

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

So obviously Admiral Byrd in 1947 led 4000 troops on a wild goose chase - I think not

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

After returning he was allegedly subjected to persecution by the U.S. Government. In his defense, it must be noted that his description of the aerial discs, as he called them, matched pictures captured from the Germans in the final days of the Second World War. In 1959, three large newspapers in Chile reported front-page articles about Unidentified Flying Object encounters in which the crew members appeared to be German soldiers. In the early 1960s there were reports in New York, and New Jersey, of flying saucer ‘aliens’ who spoke German, or English with a German accent. Nor, can it be neglected to mention that in one of the most spectacular legal cases of the Twentieth Century... the “atomic espionage” trials... Julius and Ethel Rosenberg spoke of “warships of space.” Since they had access to top secret information, and, at that point, no reason to lie, what was it, exactly, that they meant? So... now we get to the point... In late 1947, only months after the famous Roswell Incident, then Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal sent a naval task force to Antarctic including Admiral Nimitz, Admiral Krusen and Admiral Byrd, called “Operation Highjump”. It was touted to be an expedition to find “coal deposits” and other valuable resources, but... the facts indicate otherwise... In actuality they were apparently trying to locate an immense underground base constructed by the Germans, before, during and immediately after the Second World War, with the aid of Alien Entities, which were described as “Aryans”.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I saw on the video one artifact had text possibly relating to a 222 : 'Leichter Panzerspähwagen' an off road vehicle.

link

Wonder where it is? Doubt they took it with them, this may be the key to why the place was abandoned. Jeeps and the like have a tendency to end up underwater after being driven over ice that then breaks. If they only had the one, the loss of that, coupled with the food issues. Time to go back to Germany.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Good catch.

I think the first word is "Bornum", which is a urban district of Hannover-Linden (incorporated in 1920), which is where a large MNH-engineering complex with factories was located (bombed in 1944).

Also the entire area was a restricted military area of course and there are still weird stories about secret experiments (in the Hannover - Celle region) and haunted Nazi-remains around.
edit on 25-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Being as though the Russian Winter F***ked them up good style, you would have hope some polar bear mutants may have helped them? Failing that, the supply needed to support an arctic base of 20 scientists may have made military planner thing twice about a winter occupation of similar climate....

Sorry, not enough conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

join