It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy The Silence, G-Man & WTC Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have to say, I make odd posts sometimes on a whim. It could be as simple as sharing something I think people will like, but I think the Depeche Mode videos take it up a notch...

It's a remake/reboot of an old song, for reference.

Ok, the song is a blast, maybe not everyone's tastes. I seem to remember it on a TV commercial w/o lyrics a long time ago.

Anyway, political videos come and go, I like this one.

As a weird aside, DM previously shot a video on top of World Trade Center...

I was unaware of it until a year ago, but it appears to be contemporaneous with the song, 1989 or 1990

It looks like they showed up early in the day, with a reservation and a big check. Nice job though, I wonder the date...?

I believe fans have improved the editing and music Q itself since it was shot, a long time ago...on a planet far away.

I just thought this post deserved more than just the Music Forum, it's pop culture and antifascism. I hope people enjoy it and have something to say.

edit on 20-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The two videos are in stark contrast thematically. I believe they are separated by about 15 years.

I noticed this, the twin pillars...one larger than the other, a Masonic 9/11 reference???

It also has merit as an obscure WTC reference.
edit on 20-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: Trump

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Watching the originals video with DM on the tower made me miss the times when security was simple and music was art.
I regret not appreciating at the time how simple my life was, my only worry was getting up early for wrestling practice. i wish I enjoyed the silence of my youth, a time whe I was not anchored to alerts, and notification, a time before I listened to talk radio or cared what was happening in the news. We would watch 8pm sitcoms and go to bed, no checking post or feeds, just sleep, silence.

Thanks for posting this

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I remember NYC being as simple as walking in to see my friends at Warner Bros Records on Broadway....just pop in, no real security.

top topics

join