It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could a war happen with uk and us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
With the UK not wanting a military strike on Iran, And say pull out off North Korea. The US has already said the UK will not get any military tech because off them saying no about Iran, now could the UK be put on the axis off evil list ?
if they decide to put sanctions on the us over Iran and north Korea

[edit on 24-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i don't think so. there'll be no war between the us and the uk. there will be too much destruction. it would cause more devastation than any of the other wars ever caused.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
leejones....

I think you need to alter your post so that its more legible, also I think it may be in the wrong forum

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
if it is in the wrong forum then a moderator would move it straight away.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Only someone who writes that way could come up with an idea like that.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
there's no chance of a military conflict between two western nations in the foreseeable future, nor do I think that the US will attack the UK in the foreseeable future.

I think there's more chance of India getting to the moon by 2020 than the US going to war with the UK or any other western nation.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
im evil im evil

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The U.S. and the U.K. were at war with each other twice, and both times the U.S. prevailed. I don't see it happening again anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejones
now could the UK be put on the axis off evil list ?

The axis of evil 'list' isn't some actual list that the pres keeps and that some bureaucracy checks off

if they decide to put sanctions on the us over Iran and north Korea

This is about as likely as new england putting sanctions on the US.

The US and UK are not going to go to war, at least not without one of the two being overthrown and replaced and becomming something entirely different.

Why the hell would the UK go to war over iran? Why start a war that'd be a thousand times more destructive over a foreign unfreindly country?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No the UK and US will not go to War with each other, not over Iran or any other reason. Blair can see the writing on the wall as far as Iran goes and knows the British people will not go with another War.
There are various reasons for this.
1) Blairs reputation among his own people was damaged when no WMD were found in Iraq.

2) At least half of his own party would rebel and vote against any action against Iran.

3) Quite frankly we don't have a Military big enough to operate in Iraq and be involved in a war against Iran.

4) The US and UK sailed very close to the wind legally as far as the invasion of Iraq went and he would be reluctant to do so again.

5) But most importantly this is an election year, if Blair wants another 4 years at the top he has to avoid any involvement in any more middle east Wars.

But that does not mean that he wont lend a hand whenever he can, under the table so to speak. I can see him perhaps allowing the use of our special Forces should they be needed like wise he may also allow the use of of Aircraft refuling Tankers if they are needed that kind of thing.

Relationships will be strained for a while but out and out War with the US? No i don't see any circumstance where that would happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The U.S. and the U.K. were at war with each other twice, and both times the U.S. prevailed. I don't see it happening again anytime soon.

I don't know - three times lucky and all that

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted by Pisky

Indeed Pisky, indeed....... although, if thats the case, perhaps we should keep an eye on Germany......

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Yeah the last times the US was the underdog maybe the UK could pull the up set now.

The US and UK are not going to war anytime soon theres about as much chance of that as there is having the UK and France go at it again.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't see it happening, theres is too much common corporate interest and cross atlantic financial investments. Also the english have become pragmatical bussinesmen satisfied with making money behind the screens rather than be the arrogant colonial policeman they used to be in the past (giving Honk-Kong back to China was a pragmatic deal securing english openings in the emerging chinese markets), so their attitude is not likely to bump with the big american ego.

The French however have a big "the world according to Garp" ego themselves, They certainly don't want to stop at a united european market and French and USA ambitions will probably collide hard in some African emerging oilcountries.

It will be proxy wars. It will be unofficial wars and fought by Africans, not affect mainlland europe or Ameriica itselve.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

dh

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The UK factually owns the US financially, legally and through the security services
The US is contractually and by treaty under the jurisdiction of the Crown via the City of London, Temple Bar and MI services
The project is the world not each other

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You are right Coutermeasures we are more into Buissiness than War. I think after the Centuries of conflict we have endured we are a bit tired of it all. You can go to any Town or City in Britain and you will see the names of the fallen from the countless Wars we have fought. Not too far away from me there is a monument to the Boar War, World War 1 and World War 2 within 50 yards of each other.
We learnt the cost of Colonialism the hard way, i hope that the US does not have to learn the same way we did.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There will be no US - UK war.

Bush and Blair are buddies.

The US would win anyway.

It's a good idea though...not.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I always thought the first one was won by the French and the second one was a draw?????

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, the British/American colonists won the French and Indian War, then the Americans (with the help of the French, but not that much) won the American Revolution, and the War of 1812 never accomplished anything...it was like a Revolution Rematch I guess but was a complete waste of time and the only thing we got out of it was the Star Spangled Banner.

top topics

join