It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Yourself the Green Light - Self Empowerment, Fight for Your Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Amidst all of the WW3 threads and election topics, I want to take the opportunity to bring up a different subject. Self-empowerment. What are we, as individuals, doing on a daily basis to meet our goals, try to accomplish our life dreams, to see our visions come to be? Are you working towards your goals? Do you have goals? Are your strategies in life and is your attitude allowing you to work towards them, or are you making excuses, or finding reasons for why it's not realistic?

I've begun writing motivational speeches, ultimately I plan to record them and listen to my own voice (it's supposed to be additionally effective at helping your mentality and certain aspects of how we perceive the world around us). Anyway, here is an important idea that is an excerpt from part of a speech that's currently a work in progress. I hope someone finds some sort of benefit from the message. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks everyone. [See below]

You've got some goal, some vision or dream that you feel is important in your heart. If it's That important to you, you Cannot procrastinate.. you can't tell yourself 'It's okay, I've got time'... you can't say 'I'll get to it tomorrow', or 'this weekend'.

Tomorrow isn't promised to Any of us. If you want to give yourself the opportunity to make that vision actually come to fruition, you Will Have To work towards it each and every day. You'll need to check your progress.. ask yourself 'Am I taking steps towards this goal, or am I just finding excuses or treading water, staying in place?'.

You owe it to yourself to make time Today to make it happen. There aren't even 90,000 seconds in the day. Each second is ticking by. How are you spending your time?

Don't sell yourself short. Don't give up before you start. You have to start somewhere, and once you get some momentum, once you start seeing your reality change, you'll get a 2nd wind.

Time is your most precious asset. Don't get comfortable, don't procrastinate, don't make excuses. Start taking those steps, even if they're baby steps. That's all it takes to start making it happen.

Stay busy, and stay driven. Challenges and speedbumps happen along the way, but your vision is somewhere on the horizon. So bulldoze through it and keep pushing towards it. The metaphorical "stoplight" is green, it's always green. You just have to make the sacrifice and find a way to spend your available time on it. Don't let your own mind tell you it's a yellow or a red light, or 'Today I just won't get to it'. That won't get you there.
It's a green light. Now go.

FamCore, 365 Days a Year. Don't waste time, let's get busy folks. You can do it

edit on 12-10-2016 by FamCore because: bracket wasn't closed for ending the Beige color section

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The condensed version:

Create circumstances you want instead of letting other create them for you.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

S&F

So what was your dream? Was it to write?

That what mine was but but but, making excuses.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Amidst all of the WW3 threads and election topics, I want to take the opportunity to bring up a different subject. Self-empowerment.

I ignore all that stuff so I already feel self-empowered and gave myself a green light to do so.

My dream is keeping people that have no clue what they are doing out of power...they might feel self-empowered and act on it.

My other dream is for people to stop telling other people how to live and leave others alone instead of trying to mess up others lives because their own version of reality is too messed up to deal with.

Motivational speakers....looking at you.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Find something that you really want to write about, and just start brainstorming something. Be creative and open minded, and merciful with yourself. You may be surprised where it leads!

I have a few life goals/dreams, but one of them is to help at-risk youth, to inspire them and motivate them to take control and realize that they can lead productive lives. A lot of people who are born into generational poverty don't have the opportunities, or from a psychological standpoint, they don't think they deserve a better life.

But if they had some positive reinforcement, or realize the potential that's there, perhaps they could change their circumstances.

I didn't come from poverty, but I did get caught up in petty crime and addiction in my younger years, so that's where my inspiration to help troubled youth comes from. Hopefully one day..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

My other dream is for people to stop telling other people how to live and leave others alone instead of trying to mess up others lives because their own version of reality is too messed up to deal with. Motivational speakers....looking at you.

I'm not trying to "tell" anyone how to live. I'm trying to help inspire people if they are unsure of themselves, or if they don't think they are worth it.

I'm sharing a speech that I would tell to a classroom or group of students who might benefit from these words. Nobody has to take this advice.

WIth the way you commented, it sounds like you perceived this message as something like a preacher, telling the believers "You are all sinners. You need to do this. You should not do this."

"...trying to mess with others lives"

Um, actually I'm trying to I'm trying to provide people with positive encouragement. Something that I have found to be helpful, that has helped to uplift me in times of grief and self-doubt. Speakers like Les Brown, Eric Thomas, Zig Ziglar have been incredibly inspiring to me in my life.

Sorry you have it out for motivational speakers.. I would advise that you not listen to them if they upset you like this.
edit on 12-10-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Amidst all of the WW3 threads and election topics, I want to take the opportunity to bring up a different subject. Self-empowerment. What are we, as individuals, doing on a daily basis to meet our goals, try to accomplish our life dreams, to see our visions come to be? Are you working towards your goals? Do you have goals? Are your strategies in life and is your attitude allowing you to work towards them, or are you making excuses, or finding reasons for why it's not realistic?

I've begun writing motivational speeches, ultimately I plan to record them and listen to my own voice (it's supposed to be additionally effective at helping your mentality and certain aspects of how we perceive the world around us). Anyway, here is an important idea that is an excerpt from part of a speech that's currently a work in progress. I hope someone finds some sort of benefit from the message. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks everyone. [See below]

You've got some goal, some vision or dream that you feel is important in your heart. If it's That important to you, you Cannot procrastinate.. you can't tell yourself 'It's okay, I've got time'... you can't say 'I'll get to it tomorrow', or 'this weekend'.

Tomorrow isn't promised to Any of us. If you want to give yourself the opportunity to make that vision actually come to fruition, you Will Have To work towards it each and every day. You'll need to check your progress.. ask yourself 'Am I taking steps towards this goal, or am I just finding excuses or treading water, staying in place?'.

You owe it to yourself to make time Today to make it happen. There aren't even 90,000 seconds in the day. Each second is ticking by. How are you spending your time?

Don't sell yourself short. Don't give up before you start. You have to start somewhere, and once you get some momentum, once you start seeing your reality change, you'll get a 2nd wind.

Time is your most precious asset. Don't get comfortable, don't procrastinate, don't make excuses. Start taking those steps, even if they're baby steps. That's all it takes to start making it happen.

Stay busy, and stay driven. Challenges and speedbumps happen along the way, but your vision is somewhere on the horizon. So bulldoze through it and keep pushing towards it. The metaphorical "stoplight" is green, it's always green. You just have to make the sacrifice and find a way to spend your available time on it. Don't let your own mind tell you it's a yellow or a red light, or 'Today I just won't get to it'. That won't get you there.
It's a green light. Now go.

FamCore, 365 Days a Year. Don't waste time, let's get busy folks. You can do it

Amen for a positive thread for once!!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Apparently some folks think I am trying to "mess with peoples lives" and "tell them how to live", so I shouldn't be writing such things. What an injustice!! God forbid someone tries to bring a positive message to people

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The points you've made are completely valid. I am on the flipside of the situation you've described, in that I have a hard time getting myself to take a break. Sometimes I must force myself to do nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

You must have a strong work ethic and have some sort of passion for what you do - is that correct? Sometimes people can't find that passion and they decide not to pursue certain dreams or goals. Other times, real circumstances can prevent certain paths but if you can be creative and tell yourself "nothing will stop me", you can find a way to make it happen. I believe that, will power and determination (what feels like desperation for me, it's something I need so bad, like air) is a very strong force. If you can try with all your might and refuse to let anything stop you, it's possible to overcome anything (shy of Mother Nature and the external, physical environment we are all exposed to).

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Echo.

We could all use a bit more positivity these days here on ATS. Thank you Famcore.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21368324]FamCore[/post

Without all the excuses other than i am old and tired and alone with no support system, it will never happen.

There is pic on my wall that says " Never forget your dream"

On your writing, may I suggest you give a little info about what motivated you. And ask what may motivate them. Did they have a dream? Was there a particular interest they always had or talent or did something happen in their life that motivated them to change.

You are motivated and your are making the effort. You will get there.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I appreciate the intention, but... haha I am just too good in making excuses.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Echo.

We could all use a bit more positivity these days here on ATS. Thank you Famcore.
Yeah. I know I contribute to it,but most threads and posts on here are doom and gloom. It's important to criticize problems in the world. But it's equally important to talk about solutions: personal, spiritual, political, environmental, etc.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Apparently some folks think I am trying to "mess with peoples lives" and "tell them how to live", so I shouldn't be writing such things. What an injustice!! God forbid someone tries to bring a positive message to people
I'm sorry to hear that. No matter what we say, there will usually be at least a few people who disagree with the content or way it is said.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No need to be sorry, I did say I welcomed any feedback (I was looking for constructive criticism, not attacks though)

But yet, it's come to be expected. I'm just glad it was received positively by someone
Thanks for your comment Quetzalcoatl

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If you have suffer from heavy weight that read this post is very useful for your fitness, specially capable for womens.authorityreports.com...

join