It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump had boycotted all 3 debates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is a question I´ve made myself a few times, Trumps style brings him lots of support and enthusiasm when he has the spotlight on him, this is what happens on his rallies and this is what happened in the second debate but when it comes to events where he needs to be very well accessed and prepared he seams to fail. Like it happened in the first debate.

Would it be possible to a candidate to just not show up at a debate or announce that he wouldn´t be participating on any debate?

What do you think would be the result of a stance like this?
edit on 12-10-2016 by CrapAsUsual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The "third party" candidates dont "show up" to debates for ages. Doesn't work in the long run.

As a boycott move against the Criminal Media it would make an interesting statement, but his bloodthirsty opposition would jump all over that as him punking out. Just constantly speaking against them I'd say is the way (besides, working over the media is part of his effectiveness).
edit on 12-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We all seen how Sniffles was so terrified of Megan Kelly that he skipped that debate, it eventually backfired so sniffles poll ratings took a nosedive.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He would've appeared weak and scared in the public eye. The average idiot citizen would not have understood that he was doing it to boycott the crooked media. Better for him to show up and debate Satan's daughter.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

He's going to be punked by the media no matter what he does. I think the first debate he practiced restraint, didn't want to appear rude to a lady. The second he was more open, thats why it went better for him. People usually respect the truth, even if it hurts.

For instance, If Trump were president Hillary would, "be in jail", kind of thing.

As far as Hillary, she got out of testifying about Benghazi and left the 911 anniversary early, due to "illness".

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Then they would have brought Gary Johnson in to debate Clinton.

Johnson would benefit, Clinton would benefit, and Trump would be marginalized.

I'm not a Trump supporter, just letting you know what would happen...I would have loved for him to skip the debates.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not showing up implies cowardice.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

ok, makes sense. Here the TV´s must give equal air time to all presidential candidates, no mater the possible outcome of the election, pools or supporting parties.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looking back it would have been better for him to refuse the debates and just declare the entire thing was rigged. His supporters would have bought that. For the undecided voters they would have had to decide how or if the would effect their decision but, at least they would not have seen Trump answering question a like a 10 year old who did not do his homework.

Of course the best course of action would have been to prepare for the debate. Learn something about the economy, foreign affairs, and how the government works. So you do not have to make stuff up the entire time and then spend 3 days while everybody fact checks you. Oh course this is Trump we are talking about he is either unwilling or incapable of listening to other people.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It's a non-question at this point as he needs the PR and media spotlight to launch his new right wing media network post WH fail.

He is not even pretending to try anymore.

He has Bannon (Chief Editor Briebart) and Ailes (Former Fox Chairman)..

Now he just needs to stroke his future listeners by shouting nonsense at Hillary in the next debate, abscond with donor funds and fire-up his new media network.

top topics

join