It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to look at the issues and not the distractions...WAKE UP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

It's also deplorable, sexist and racist because she is the only "choice", like that's something we had to begin with. Trump is a stunt clown and the only way she could have gotten elected, most any other Republican would role her up and smoke her.

I don't think Donald Perot will beat miss Clinton though.

Not that it matters, when she wins the Republicans will have their girl in office and the Democrats will wounder why more elite privilege gets implemented along with war.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And the bickering persists... not even looking at the real issue at hand and the cause of the proxy wars.

You will not hear about this in the mainstream media nor will you hear about this in the debates.They distract us so easily from the real issues and threads like this one do the same... distract. It's so evident when you go from thread to thread.

Am I the only one on ATS who sees this? Help me out someone!

Hillary this and Donald that. Damn.. they are both in this for OIL!!!!! Whoever has the most "oil" money wins the election. Why do you think Putin is supporting Trump and Saudi is supporting Hillary? Come on now!

No End To Fighting

As these conflicts and others like them suggest, fighting for control over key energy assets or the distribution of oil revenues is a critical factor in most contemporary warfare. While ethnic and religious divisions may provide the political and ideological fuel for these battles, it is the potential for mammoth oil profits that keeps the struggles alive. Without the promise of such resources, many of these conflicts would eventually die out for lack of funds to buy arms and pay troops. So long as the oil keeps flowing, however, the belligerents have both the means and incentive to keep fighting. In a fossil-fuel world, control over oil and gas reserves is an essential component of national power. “Oil fuels more than automobiles and airplanes,” Robert Ebel of the Center for Strategic and International Studies told a State Department audience in 2002. “Oil fuels military power, national treasuries, and international politics.” Far more than an ordinary trade commodity, “it is a determinant of well being, of national security, and international power for those who possess this vital resource, and the converse for those who do not.” If anything, that’s even truer today, and as energy wars expand, the truth of this will only become more evident. Someday, perhaps, the development of renewable sources of energy may invalidate this dictum. But in our present world, if you see a conflict developing, look for the energy. It’ll be there somewhere on this fossil-fueled planet of ours.
energypost.eu...

Without oil, ISIS could never hope to accomplish its ambitious goals.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The funny thing about that, of your 10 "issues", most read to me as distractions. You have two in there that I would call actual issues.

- China is completing a new military island in the South China Sea that could stop all trade

- Obamacare is collapsing rapidly. The multiple lies to pass the law are more obvious every day. The law is greatly harming the middle class and small employers and reducing the potential for full-time jobs.

So lets talk about those. China first. How would you like to stop China's expansion and claims in the South China Sea? The US has already started moving more ships to the area, but unless we're willing to start shooting at the Chinese the only leverage we have against them is economic. If we start embracing tariffs on their products and holding back jobs what economic leverage will we have? Those are the types of things we should do as a response to Chinese expansion, but it also means we should do the opposite and have free trade and out sourcing if they pull back on expansion and recognize other nations territorial claims.

Is either candidate going to do that? Trump wants to bring the jobs home, Hillary wants free trade. Neither wants to make the threat. Only one of those actions keeps our leverage in place though.

Now lets talk about Obamacare. So far, only one system has been found to work for health care and that's single payer. Hillary will either get us to single payer or move us closer to it.

Trump has essentially zero plan, he wants to sell insurance across state lines but broadening the risk pools doesn't solve the systemic issues in insurance which is that everyone eventually runs into a catastrophic health issue. It's not like other forms of insurance where you're hedging against the unthinkable happening. It's a guarantee you'll pay. Health insurance is a guarantee we pay more for medical services.

His other plan is HSA's, but those don't really fix the issue either, because in order to contribute to an HSA and have a savings account you need to have made those wages in the first place. How many people have a spare 2 million lying around in the event they get cancer? How many can even spend $5000 on fixing a broken bone? Most would have to break out the credit card just to cover $750 in antibiotics if they get pneumonia.

Lastly, his big plan to lower costs is to lower drug costs by importing foreign generics. If we import generics, isn't that simply declaring war on our own drug manufacturers who will no longer be able to cover the cost of developing new medications?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"Trump says mean things!" I don't think anybody really gives a crap about Trump acting like the person we all know Trump is. It's just fun to laugh at him and people that bend over backwards trying to defend this human wind sock. To me, I don't care about Trump acting like Trump. I care that he thinks stop and frisk is a good policy and should be implemented nationwide, I care that he wonders out loud why we can't use nukes in a conventional ground war, I care about the fact that he wants to implement trickle down economics again and his advisors are Kremlin veterans. It's his asinine policies and non-thinking manner that rub me the wrong way. Trump being Howard Stern show Trump is only surprising to people that drink Trump brand Kool-Aid.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I'm the other guy starring your post, just saying.

Brave New Oiligarchy explained:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reldra

If you've read my recent posts you'd know I don't have any misconceptions about Trump being anything but a bastard. My problem with Clinton is that she was supposed to be acting in the best interests of the people and instead has played her games and made her fortune. We can't keep rewarding career politicians, those that commit crimes which land normal people in jail, with more time in office.

But, hey, call me some names even though I have a rational and reasoned position. Seems to be the fad now on ATS. You can call all Trump supporters idiots and nobody cares. If you try hard enough you might even be able to figure out a reason why I'm a shill.
edit on 10/8/16 by Ksihkehe because: Quote went horribly wrong

edit on 10/8/16 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/16 by Ksihkehe because: I did my best to fix this reponse. It all went south with tags.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I congratulate you for posting this summary, but in reality is not that we are been distracted is more like people actually wants to hear no evil, see no evil and keep living like is nothing wrong going on around us.

It makes life more easy to live.

Is nothing in that summary that I personally do not know, yes I have done my research and I look for the news that never reach the bought up media outlets.

BTW on the Obama care, in order for the insurance companies to save a buck under Obama is a report that came out last week of how after elections people will lose their medications coverage from the major insurance companies

It will be up to the insured to find ways to pay for their medications as out of pocket expenses.

We have to love Obama care and the big pharma that are now in the business of pill gouging.

edit on 8-10-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Ok... so there IS someone who gets it! YAY!!!

This is a fantastic video !!!! Thank you. I will be listening to it til the end.

To think our world isn't being ran by interests for oil is to totally ignore the cancer that is eating us from within.

Knowing this it's hard to trust ANY entity has the peoples best interest in mind. Its just not so.

Doesn't matter who you vote for.. sad.. but true.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is about the current administration and world affairs. The WH is not allowing the investigation to move forward and quelled it because of the links to the Obama administration. The emails released are so damning that someone who is more concerned about what a man says in private as opposed to how their government is selling them out is not looking at the big picture.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

HE will not have to do it on his own. Pence alone could do better than Hillary and Obama it would seem.

Trump would by himself probably struggle. Also have worse presentation but still a improvement in some areas. He will do what he is good at and hire the right people for a change and have the balls to fire them if they screw up to bad or break the law.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

No he will divide the country with his comments and divide even his own party as he has done.

And pence has done nothing to show he us worth a damn.

Would you rather die being burned in acid or fire?

Thats the choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'll play...

originally posted by: matafuchs
- Obama partially blamed the Civil War in Syria on a drought he says was caused by humans. That is one of the most ignorant statements ever. The war is because Assad is a tyrant, and the Mideast is essentially a desert that has had continued droughts for millennia.
How does one defend the above? How?

By suggesting politely that you do some extra reading and not rely on ATS for your information.

* Syria is not a sandy dry desert though portions of it are a desert. While areas are arid, only one third of Syira is desert
* turns out there is (or was) a lot of farming ("Until the mid-1970s, agriculture in Syria had been the primary economic activity. At independence in 1946, agriculture (including minor forestry and fishing) was the most important sector of the economy, and in the 1940s and early 1950s, agriculture was the fastest growing sector. (source - Wikipedia))
* The current drought is the worst in at least 900 years
* And it's not just one drought... it's four consecutive droughts. The result is thatmilions were driven into poverty.
* Map of the drought impact here. Note: herders lost up to 80% of their animals.
* so there's millions of refugees, driven off the farm, food shortages, lack of political power, and the migrations moved people of one religion into areas where people of other religions lived...

You can choose to not believe in climate change, but if you do your homework into the social and political situation, you will see that drought killed most of the crops and herds of the people who lived near the desert, causing them to head toward the coast and away from the drought. They moved, looking for food or relief. The social and economic pressures PLUS religious differences of these refugees and an out of touch government sparked the war.

Check the stats for yourself.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: luthier

HE will not have to do it on his own. Pence alone could do better than Hillary and Obama it would seem.

Trump would by himself probably struggle. Also have worse presentation but still a improvement in some areas. He will do what he is good at and hire the right people for a change and have the balls to fire them if they screw up to bad or break the law.

Senate confirmations make firing people tricky, it's not always all that easy to get someone into the position.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You sure get the point. We're being destracted from years, but now MSM are on big high!

In polish radiostation, which claims themselves as a neutral, independent source of infromation told this new TWICE in a just 20 minutes. I just thought WHAT THE H%%L? Who cares In Poland about what he said 10 years ago? Its a part of making society more stupid here. The gov. just passed a CETA and TTIP agreement, but lately in the news, during voting days, you could hear only about 'abortion law', womans on strike, "abortion law, etc. The news station, radio and newspaper doesnt even wrote a single word about CETA and TTIP. Clear manipulation, but hey, we do know MSM are like that, we do know they are lying to us for decades. We do KNOW they try to control us by the MSM, dont believe in a single word.

Divide and rule. Make problems - wait... - create a solution -> became a hero

Old as a world.
edit on Sat, 08 Oct 2016 18:03:21 -0500America/Chicago210308America/Chicago10312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for at least taking a crack at one of them...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The problem with all these Hillary scandals is that nothing ever sticks to her. They all require multiple parties in collusion at the highest levels of government, or she would have been prosecuted. She and her husband are powerful, but they have powerful people gunning for them. Strangely, nothing ever sticks.

If she's really as bad as everyone says, she's the slipperiest politician in the history of the world. Maybe it's true, but I think you have to give her credit for being a smooth operator if that's the case.

Trump's scandals, on the other hand, are so simple and crass even a 5th grader can understand them, and they require no mental gymnastics to explain.

Given the level of intellect of the electorate in general, I think it's pretty clear how this is going to play out.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Excellent post, even the DOD has said climate change will impact national security concerns.
www.defense.gov...

K~

edit on 8-10-2016 by aethertek because: link

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: MamaJ

I'm the other guy starring your post, just saying.

Brave New Oiligarchy explained:

I watched it all and learned a lot I didn't know, but suspected. It's an even bigger monopoly than I expected!! WOW!

This video is worth sharing all day long.

Thanks again!

T

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join