It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Russia sending more air defense missiles to Syria means

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Russia on Wednesday turned to Twitter to justify its deployment of advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems to Syria.

“All jokes aside, #Russia will take every defensive measure necessary to protect its personnel stationed in #Syria from terrorist threat,” the tweet said.

The recent bombing campaign, which ended a Sept. 12 cease-fire brokered by the U.S. and Russia, is the worst in Aleppo’s history and marks an escalation by Russia and its ally. The State Department has said the Obama administration is considering various options, including a military response. Secretary of State John Kerry has warned Russia that one result of its actions could be that “more Russian aircraft will be shot down.”
SOURCE

Can anyone still label the kind of communications described above as "saber-rattling"? The comments in the article above look like serious threats to me. Are threats "saber-rattling" sometimes? They may be sometimes, but that this is why you have to use your judgment.

Russia has warned citizens that a nuclear war with the West could be imminent - sparked by clashes in the Middle East.

Zvezda, a nationwide TV service run by the country’s Ministry of Defence, said last week, ‘Schizophrenics from America are sharpening nuclear weapons for Moscow.’
SOURCE

"There's a real feeling now that America is out to prove it is the only superpower," believes veteran broadcaster Vladimir Pozner. "That if Russia does not fall into step the way the US wants it to it's going to have to pay a very high price for that.

"The continued expansion of Nato is seen by the Russian leadership, perhaps incorrectly, is seen as being a real threat. You're pushing us, so we're pushing you right back. And we will do whatever we can to make it as unpleasant for you as you've made it for us.

"There is a danger of real confrontation, perhaps leading to some kind of military engagement and war."
SOURCE

The stark message came at the Association of the United States Army's annual meeting in Washington, where Milley remarked that America's "strategic resolve" and "alliances" are being "tested in ways that we haven't faced in many, many decades."

"I want to be clear to those who wish to do us harm… the United States military – despite all of our challenges, despite our [operational] tempo, despite everything we have been doing — we will stop you and we will beat you harder than you have ever been beaten before," he declared. "Make no mistake about that."
SOURCE

From all that I can surmise, this situation is about Russia's future as a nation versus the plans of the United States for world domination. As I tried to describe in the thread below, this is the time when a world war is justified (based on the lunacy of the U.S.). That's how Russia seems to see it too.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense

I can't tell you much of anything for certain about what's happening in Syria or what it means in the big picture. With both Russia and the U.S. drawing lines in the sand over Syria, we know that the situation there is massively important. Does anyone have a theory that is different than mine as to why both Russia and the U.S. are drawing lines in the sand over Syria?

I admit that I'm theorizing about most of this. I don't have enough information to say much with certainty.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We live in an upside down world!

America claims to have a "war on terror" and is no about to start WW3 in order to defend al-qaeda and ISIS!?

There is no propaganda thick enough to make this reality not obvious to the world...

Hopefully the good people of Europe will stand against this insanity, I am sad to say your average American is far too concerned with celebrities and sports to question the narrative put forth by the MSM.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmWednesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Threats like Hilllary threatening to repond to unproven hacking claims with military force against Russsians?

And threats are nothing compared to the Obama administration actually breaking the cease-fire agreement and attacking without warning or justification.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Threats like Hilllary threatening to repond to unproven hacking claims with military force against Russsians?

And threats are nothing compared to the Obama administration actually breaking the cease-fire agreement and attacking without warning or justification.

Precisely!

One would think that liberals would be against war and yet they are somehow voting for an insane psychopathic war criminal by the name of old Hillary.

They have been programming the masses ever so subtly for the war that is about to kick off, rah rah Murica!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It's all about natural gas. 80% of Gazproms natural gas goes to Europe. Right now, there are two proposed pipelines going to Europe from Qatar and Iran.....and both run through Syria.

Assad has refused the Qatar line as he is in bed with Russia and Qatar is close to the US. Iran on the other hand has a chance to have their line approved since Russia has more influence over them.

These lines have the ability to hurt the Russians long term if they don't gain control of Syria and the proposed gas lines.

Not a good scenario.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Does anyone have a theory that is different than mine as to why both Russia and the U.S. are drawing lines in the sand over Syria?

Because selling arms to be used in a third world country is just as profitable to Russian oligarchs as it is to American oligarchs?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

It's all about natural gas. 80% of Gazproms natural gas goes to Europe. Right now, there are two proposed pipelines going to Europe from Qatar and Iran.....and both run through Syria.

Assad has refused the Qatar line as he is in bed with Russia and Qatar is close to the US. Iran on the other hand has a chance to have their line approved since Russia has more influence over them.

These lines have the ability to hurt the Russians long term if they don't gain control of Syria and the proposed gas lines.

Not a good scenario.

We also do not want to foget about Genie Oil and their interests!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Apparently what happened is Assad refused to build an oil pipeline through Syria for the West. Russia bombed a rebel building that happened to contain Israeli and U.S. officers, among others.

Reports have been appearing in various pro-government media outlets since September 20 that some Russian warships, deployed in Syria’s coastal waters, hit with missiles a foreign-led military operations room near Aleppo city, killing 30 Israeli, US, Turkish, Saudi, Qatari and British officers. The military operations room was allegedly located in the western part of Aleppo province in the middle of Sam’an mountain. It was set up by foreign intelligence services in order to coordinate operations of various militant group against the Syrian government forces in the provinces of Aleppo and Idlib.

30 FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE OFFICERS (ISRAELI, US, TURKISH) KILLED IN MISSILE ATTACK IN ALEPPO – UNCONFIRMED

This means that the west is working with the rebels to overthrow Assad, possibly even terrorist organizations. Russia probably knew about that operations room and was sending the U.S. a message.

Now Russia is moving this air defense system into Syria, and they could be preparing to take air dominance there. This is first-world tech, so it is actually a threat against our jets.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Oct 2016 21:23:24 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Secretary of State John Kerry has warned Russia that one result of its actions could be that “more Russian aircraft will be shot down.”

He hopes the shoulder launched missiles supplied to the 'moderately paid mercs' will be used on Russian aircraft and not Coalition.

Can anyone still label the kind of communications described above as "saber-rattling"?

Thats all it amounts to. Threatening to shoot down close support aircraft over Allepo that engage western backed insurgents.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
America claims to have a "war on terror" and is no about to start WW3 in order to defend al-qaeda and ISIS!?

Makes you really wonder if Obama has one of those "Daily beatings will continue until Staff morale improves" posters hanging in the White House break room, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

originally posted by: ghostrager

Close. But just like previous wars were never really about oil, this one isn't really about gas either.

It is not about the energy carriers directly, but about who sells them, and in what currency.

The lifeblood of the U.S. economic hegemony is what this is about.
edit on 5-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks Russia or Syria hold a moral high ground is an imbecile.

It's all about pipelines, oil, natural gas, and the US needs to put its foot down if we want to keep being the most powerful country on earth.

Or we could sit on the sidelines while Russia rampages through the Mideast and Europe and will have so much leverage over our allies that the US will no longer be the most powerful country on earth, we will slip,into a Great Depression while Russia celebrates.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

We live in an upside down world!

There is no propaganda thick enough to make this reality not obvious to the world...

Hopefully the good people of Europ will stand against this insanity, I am sad to say your average American is far too concerned with celebrities and sports to question the narrative put forth by the MSM.

Has nothing to do with Isis or terrorists or the so called war on terror. Open your eyes.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I really don't understand what game we think we're playing in Syria anymore, and I further don't understand why Congress is letting it happen.

I don't remember any use of force resolutions or anything. So what the hell?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I firmly believe the operation in Syria is an authorized US government Covert Operation and or Clandestine operation. These two things are done by the US government with consultations from the US Congress.

That's one explanation why the congress isn’t getting involved because they know what's going on and approve of it.

Read this and understand what your government does
en.wikipedia.org...
COVERT OPERATION

Under United States law, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) must lead covert operations unless the president finds that another agency should do so and properly informs the Congress. Normally, the CIA is the US Government agency legally allowed to carry out covert action.[1] The CIA's authority to conduct covert action comes from the National Security Act of 1947.[2]

President Ronald Reagan issued Executive Order 12333 titled United States Intelligence Activities in 1984. This order defined covert action as "special activities", both political and military, that the US Government could legally deny. The CIA was also designated as the sole authority under the 1991 Intelligence Authorization Act and in Title 50 of the United States Code Section 413(e).[2][3] The CIA must have a "Presidential Finding" issued by the President of the United States in order to conduct these activities under the Hughes-Ryan amendment to the 1991 Intelligence Authorization Act.

[1] These findings are then monitored by the oversight committees in both the US Senate and the House of Representatives.[4] As a result of this framework, the CIA "receives more oversight from the Congress than any other agency in the federal government".[5] The Special Activities Division (SAD) is a division of the CIA's National Clandestine Service, responsible for Covert Action and "Special Activities". These special activities include covert political influence and paramilitary operations. The division is overseen by the United States Secretary of State.[2]

....A covert operation differs from a clandestine operation in that emphasis is placed on concealment of identity of sponsor rather than on concealment of the operation." The United States Department of Defense definition has been used by the United States and NATO since World War II.

In a covert operation, the identity of the sponsor is concealed, while in a clandestine operation the operation itself is concealed. Put differently, clandestine means "hidden," while covert means "deniable." The term stealth refers both to a broad set of tactics aimed at providing and preserving the element of surprise and reducing enemy resistance and to a set of technologies (stealth technology) to aid in those tactics. While secrecy and stealthiness are often desired in clandestine and covert operations, the terms secret and stealthy are not used to formally describe types of missions.

Covert operations are employed in situations where openly operating against a target would be disadvantageous. These operations are generally illegal in the target state and are frequently in violation of the laws of the sponsoring country. Operations may be directed at or conducted with allies and friends to secure their support for controversial components of foreign policy throughout the world. Covert operations may include sabotage, assassinations, support for coups d'état, or support for subversion. Tactics include the use of a false flag or front group.

The activity of organizations engaged in covert operations is in some instances similar to, or overlaps with, the activity of front organizations. While covert organizations are generally of a more official military or paramilitary nature, like the DVS German Air Transport School in the Nazi era, the line between both becomes muddled in the case of front organizations engaged in terrorist activities and organized crime.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its clear Syria is part of a Covert US long term operation in the ME.

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years

This is just no will-nilly lets f___ up Syria. This is a long and deliberate plot on the ME going back years and will go on for more years

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The official "unofficial" story here is that we are fighting WW3 right now for energy transit and currency dominance. But my gut tells me something more ancient is being fought over in Syria. And I don't mean crusades, revelations stuff. Im thinking, ancient portal technology to other worlds/dimensions maybe?? Is it outlandish theory? Sure, but this is a conspiracy website, and a stargate was allegedly fought over in Iraq.

If it ain't a portal, than it must be some kind of technology. I mean with all the money and technology floating around today, and still nobody will re-create the pyramids built thousands of years ago?? Saudi Arabia is literally creating luxury islands in whatever shape they want. Japan has indoor skiing in a facility full of snow all year, indoor beaches that look like the real deal. Several countries can erase whole cities in the blink of an eye with the deployment of a single weapon. But no one can build a pyramid???

The most powerful empires on Earth don't just risk the devastation of Earth in the modern era over energy and currency. I don't even believe that was entirely what the first two were about. It must be related to something else. It just has too.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Does anyone have a theory that is different than mine

I admit that I'm theorizing about most of this. I don't have enough information to say much with certainty.

You don't say (sarcasm). You average 2-3 threads a day; sound's to me like you have a lot of theories

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Can anyone still label the kind of communications described above as "saber-rattling"?

yes, a defense system isn't a show of force.

The comments in the article above look like serious threats to me.

there are bigger threats made on twitter, avoid it if your easily scared.

From all that I can surmise, this situation is about Russia's future as a nation versus the plans of the United States for world domination.

russia want assad to stay in power, the un want him out, simples.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
more advanced missiles means the Russians are preparing for the USA & coalition to declare Syria a no-fly zone to try to ground Russian air superiority at least above the Assad held territory of north & western Syria...

the Kurdish and desert areas of eastern Syria are under ISIS control already & Syrian ground troops with Russian air support do not venture into that half of the once sovereign nation

the USA, in a move motivated by hasty calculation has leaked info that 'Manpads' the 3rd generation advanced anti-aircraft technology stinger-missiles-on-steroids will be accessed by ALL anti-Assad fighting groups (this includes IS/ISIS)...

And be dammed with the consequences that those advanced missiles will find their way to civilian airports in NATO countries as the months go by, with a rash of downed aircraft and all aboard killed !

the USA government will cry crocodile-tears at the loss-of-life...because a standing terrorist Army to do the political leaderships' will is the ongoing policy of the present 'Progressives' in power and the expected next Democrat administration of war-mongers

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
EU countries have bombed various schools in Syria, most probably they were french airplanes.

new topics

top topics

join