It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Spectrum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was thinking of the entire political spectrum as a whole, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that can show all the political ideologies on a line chart? i.e.

Left Centre Right

| | | | |
Communism Liberals | Conservatives Nazism

Where do all the other political parties of the world fall onto this line of political spectrums, and why are they in "that" spot on the line?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Excellent question. I too would like some info related to this.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
this is a great site that i just found

www.politicalcompass.org...

took the test and i was kind of flattered to recieve almost the exact same rank as ghandi. where as it shows people like bush are much closer to hitlers world views.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Bush is a Tush. I like that. BTW...I came very close to Ghandi on the test also.....

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
awsome!!! it is really all about being a good person

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I took the test and got this was the result.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69
The test dosnt deal with many social issues so it only deals with my econmic view.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
But for what its worth, I like to think of politics as a circle, where you take the normal political left/right line and make it into a circle. This puts communism and fascism, say, very close together, because in effect they are very similar, while in underlying ideology they are approaching that 'same place' from different directions. I also like to think that one can think of some points on the circle as having anti-podes that are sort of 'bizzaro' versions of one another, say totalitarianism with an antipod of anarchy, in either, you'd as an idividual end up loosing out and being at the ravages of the strongest around you.

top topics

join