It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The following quote by Paul Craig Roberts explains why Syria is a red line in the sand for Russia as far as I know (quoting from the video below starting at about 18:30):

"And so Washington's policy is to remove secular leaders so that the whole Middle East goes into chaos of sectarian conflict, the Shia and the Sunnis. And if the whole Middle East is in sectarian conflict, there's nobody to get in Israel's way. And this conflict, this jihadism can be spread into Iran, and the same thing achieved there. And then it can be spread into the Muslim areas of the Russian Federation and into the Muslim province of China, the province that borders Kyrgyzstan. And so this is Washington's policy for destabilizing Iran, Russia, and China."

www.youtube.com...

In my humble opinion:

If the United States is victorious in Syria, Russia believes it will lead to a domino effect that will threaten it as a nation. The United States won't back down over Syria because it wants to, as Paul Craig Roberts said in the quote above, destabilize Iran, Russia, and China (and probably a lot more than that) using the jihadist movement it's using in Syria.

Under these circumstances, WW3 makes sense for both sides. Russia would be incredibly foolish to back down now. Our only hope is that the United States government backs down in Syria. Is it realistic to think the U.S. government will back down in Syria? I don't think so. Not when their long sought after goal of world domination is within sight.
edit on 4-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The US has broken off from the accords they had with Russia on Syria, blaming the Russians in the process. Really, what is happening is that the US do not want to be directly involved militarily in Syria unless they can dictate terms, which they can't due to Russia. So, like a petulant child not getting its way, the US has picked up its ball and walked off the playing field.

Without its large psy-ops machinations around the world, the US wouldn't get away with half of what it is doing. it's deliberately hoaxing against the American people (through proxies), creating civil war strife where it wants particular sovereign regimes changed, and has the largest arms industry on the planet which can aid the customers it creates.

While Russia is in play in Syria, the US will not get their regime change. Assad will remain in power until Putin allows the change to go ahead, and before he will do that, the US has to convince him that it is the right thing to do, and so far, they have failed.

With Putin suspending the plutonium destruction deal with the US, the cold war may well heat up again. The thing is, the US do not want another cold war as that could allow Putin justified expansionism, and a drive to re-stockpile nuclear weapons.

The US has been out-strategised and has backed away to lick its wounds.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
The US has been out-strategised and has backed away to lick its wounds.

If Hillary Clinton is elected POTUS, she plans to create a no-fly zone in Syria. That would mean WW3. All the signs I see are the that United States is not backing down but only moving forward. Can you give any evidence that the U.S. has "backed away"?

Instituting Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s no-fly zone in Syria would require going to war [with Russia], according to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
LINK

edit on 4-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Assad is a secular leader that's for sure, you can practice whatever crazy religion you like as long as you get on your knees when his convoy is passing through the slums of Syria.

The guy is a monster and has banned elections the last 50 years, Assad is more ruthless than even Putin, all opposition to Assad before the civil war was either dead, in jail, or on the run.

Assad has bombed entire hospitals full of woman and kids to try to make a point to the rebels so they can surrender. Assadists main strategy in Syria is kill as many woman and kids as possible in all rebel held areas.

This means that Assad and Putins airforce will intentionally bomb a neighborhood or hospital full of civilians to try to gain leverage against the opposition. If Rebels refuse to surrender they will bomb more hospitals and even aid trucks.

These war crimes have killed 250,000 civilians and millions more are starving due to Assad cutting off all supply lines that feed the last civilians that still remain. These war crimes are probably the worst thing since the Hitler genocide and the Red Army committing the biggest mass rape of German girls after Nazis lost.

I'm sorry but wtf are we doing just letting this happen?
edit on 4-10-2016 by RedMenace16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

And the pipeline. That's a big part of this. Assad's against the U.S. plans for the pipeline for the west. To overthrow him and set up a puppet regime in Syria is what the U.S. is shooting for.

That's why we aren't fighting ISIS. We're helping them do the dirty work while assuming no responsibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

I'm glad you have decided that 5 percent of the world population should dictate policies and the outcomes of civil wars in sovereign nations.

I believe meddling in Iraq, Libya, Syria and a host of other nations around the globe is illegal.

We are not the world police despite what American Nationalism would have you believe.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

So if a kid is getting beat by and older male you would just sit there and say you ain't the police so it's none of your business?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
World war 3?

World was 3 was EE...

Everyone Else.

And as you can tell by our current diplomatic state, It won't be long now.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Syria is a piece on the chessboard. I just don't know who's doing good and who's not. It's easy to go after that "access of evil" on a moral basis. When a country is executing homosexuals, not allowing woman to have rights, and so on.... Too easy. And that's the trouble. When parts of this world are so backwards, it's hard not to have a war with them or to do regime change.

For Russia this is about a land area close by and exploiting it. For us this is another one of our UN/Nato and counter-terrorism adventures.
edit on 10/4/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I've been following the Syria conflict since the beginning and I still can't come to a reasonable conclusion as to why we are still involved. Playing cat and mouse via proxy with Russia scares the $#!* out of me. The Russians are dug in and entrenched in Syria so why are we still there? It's a no win situation for the US. Unless our government backs down this has the ability to escalate rather quickly. Putin isn't stupid he's nuts and I don't think he would blink twice over escalating the situation. Our leaders are stupid they think they can win playing chicken with a madman.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Why can't the U.S. Government just leave Russia / Syria alone? I am positive the American people don't want this bullcrap done in their name (I am one of them).

Trump would promote positive relations with Russia. One more reason we can't have Hillary.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Under these circumstances, WW3 makes sense for both sides.

To be honest this ain't world war. A tiff between between Russia and the US in the complex and brutal civil war is not world war. World war is unconstrained global warfare, not trying to grab the headlines.

Russian will go on making Syria look like Grozny along with all the death and destruction that takes, and the US will squeal and complain but won't be able to do sod all about it.

At the end of the day Assad will come out of this ruling a land with zero population because they are either dead, or have run away, and too afraid to return. Russia will have their naval base and dependent dictator. Take the US out of the equation and you have several Arab countries and Turkey who oppose Assad and Russia, so it is not going to be plain sailing. You also have the EU who think Russians invasion of Crimea was an affront and will keep punitive sanctions going.

Russia is wanted to be a superpower, but with an economy smaller than Australia, or Spain they just cannot just cannot make it. This adventurism is expensive and keeping Assad in power is a commitment that the Russian people may not want to accept when they see the price tag.
edit on 4/10/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedMenace16

I'm sorry but wtf are we doing just letting this happen?

Because:
1) every time the west gets involved we make things worse in the ME

2) Russia is involved and they still have 4000 nukes pointed at us.
If they go off no one will win.

Plus the USA went through it own brutal civil war. No o e intervened militarily there.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So if a kid is getting beat by and older male you would just sit there and say you ain't the police so it's none of your business?

I'm not sure I would just sit there but I wouldn't arm the child with heavy weaponry to exact revenge either.

Make a right comparison if you want a right answer.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I would first focus on the older male beating the kid in my own country.

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Can i ask you sir, how much do they pay you over there at NSA??

This F^## is talking about # he dont have a clue about while at the same time his goverment is allied with Saudi Arabia. One of the world biggest dictator countrys. If you want war so much then why dont you start at the right end?? Not only is Saudi Arabia the "real" ISIS but they knocked down your twin towers and still to this day are making fools of yo self. You sir are what Jesus would call a hypocrat and of the worst kind. Wtf is wrong with you?? Tired of these NSA/Hillary/Turkey trolls. Gtfoh

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The worst thing since Hitler. ok.

In the past couple decades the US has done worse things to Iraq multiple times.
That embargo on Iraq killed 500k iraqi children. Your hyperbole is showing.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

The worst thing since Hitler. ok.

In the past couple decades the US has done worse things to Iraq multiple times.
That embargo on Iraq killed 500k iraqi children. Your hyperbole is showing.

Assad and Putin will need to die for the US to keep being the most powerful country on earth, so if you hate this country then that's fine, move to Russia.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The guy is a monster and has banned elections the last 50 years, Assad is more ruthless than even Putin, all opposition to Assad before the civil war was either dead, in jail, or on the run.

You do realise that Assad is not old enough to have banned elections for the last 50 years ...

new topics

top topics

join