It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy clown sightings causing the public to go crazy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Jeez, we're a bunch of scaredy cats.

Someone dons a clown costume and we all start swapping tales of how we'd off the jokers.

Sounds like a bit of fun to me.

Scarier things come out at night. Usually dressed in plain clothes. The type that shoots clowns in the head, I guess. Well, you lot, evidently.

The difference is some of them are carrying weapons, and that changes the whole dynamic.......not smart on their part IMO

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No, I read your post before you ever edited it. You were, in fact advocating killing someone just because they were dressed as a clown, and scared your senses. Then you edited, hopefully because you saw how stupid that sounded.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
a reply to: FamCore

No, I read your post before you ever edited it. You were, in fact advocating killing someone just because they were dressed as a clown, and scared your senses. Then you edited, hopefully because you saw how stupid that sounded.

If they look like a clown that doesn't bother me. If they violently approach or try to chase me with their 'fake' weapons I'd shoot them. Maybe Americans are lazy, but I'm not running away, ain't no one got time for that.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Hmm, okay. So you saw my post yesterday, and it upsets you so you choose to reply the next day saying I advocated killing someone in the original posting? Sounds legit.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Why don't you peruse my browsing history and count the examples of advocating unjustified violence you can find. Good luck my friend

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: SlowNail
Jeez, we're a bunch of scaredy cats.

Someone dons a clown costume and we all start swapping tales of how we'd off the jokers.

Sounds like a bit of fun to me.

Scarier things come out at night. Usually dressed in plain clothes. The type that shoots clowns in the head, I guess. Well, you lot, evidently.

The difference is some of them are carrying weapons, and that changes the whole dynamic.......not smart on their part IMO

Exactly. And there are numerous reports of people in clown costumes trying to lure in kids. Those aren't pranks; those are threats and attempted child abductions.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Here's how my fellow Hoosiers delt with a clown.

wanetv.wordpress.com...

People there are so afraid of clowns they murder them in cold blood?
edit on 10/4/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

wanetv.wordpress.com...

People there are so afraid of clowns they murder then in cold blood?

Just for the record, Snopes says that story in Fort Wayne, Indiana is fake.
Clown Down

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: roadgravel

wanetv.wordpress.com...

People there are so afraid of clowns they murder then in cold blood?

Just for the record, Snopes says that story in Fort Wayne, Indiana is fake.
Clown Down

I'd hope it was. Quite sad otherwise. tks

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Koolsville

I think in some cases it's just folks having harmless fun- creating a little scarey goodness in the weeks leading up to Halloween- but in some cases bad folks dressed as creepy clowns have actually attacked a few people. I believe the latter are just taking advantage of the current publicity surrounding the clown sightings to throw on a mask and do mean things with less chance of being caught because they are disguised. A lady in the area I'm originally from was attacked by one of these "clowns" as she was getting into her car early this morning to go to work- a mugger using the whole widely publicized "creepy clown" publicity as a disguise and nothing more. It's sad really.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How do you know he's not on the way to a fancy dress party?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I recommend reading this article by Time Magazine, should quell some fears for some.

Everything You Need to Know About the ‘Clown Attack’ Craze

The mass hysteria has not yet led to any serious injuries or deaths, likely because most of the clown sightings involved either young pranksters dressed as clowns or callers inventing clown stories.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'll tell you a story.

When I was growing up mid 80's there was a lot of hype about alleged killer clowns going about in vans and cars, trying to kidnap kids.

It was spoken about in school by our headmistress. She organised an assembly and from what I remember, her message was slightly confusing...she told us it was all rumour and there was no truth to it, but at the same time told us if we saw anyone dressed as clowns not to go near them and inform an adult...mixed messages.

I was about 8 or 9 and lived in Lanarkshire in an area near the river clyde. Local rumours were these clowns had been spotted mostly down near the river and our parents told us to stay away from there...not because of clowns, but simply because of "bad men".

I reckon they meant junkies and child a busers, etc...who tend to frequent such isolated areas.

Well, one day, specifically a Sunday and I remember well because I was at my grandparents house that day for dinner, a couple of my cousins were also visiting from down south. We were playng in the street around tea time, I remember this very well...

some kids run to the street hysterical saying there were clowns. If you came out of my grandparents' street and headed to the left, you crossed a main road, there was a long lane that led down to the river...these clowns were supposedly down that lane. Being excitable and adventurous, we all grouped together and ran across.

The lane was empty, nobody there. We walked further down the lane....next thing a black car turned from the small footpath - that alone is odd...a car down at a river on a small, narrow footpath!

The car turned into the lane and was rirectly in front of us...we stopped and the car stopped...then the car suddenly started speeding towards us.

Now at the end of the lane just before the road was a small red and white bollard/post, so the car couldn't actually exit from the lane.

I remember making it to the pavement and getting that feeling you get when something is chasing you and it's right behind you...when I made it to the pavement I remember being unable to cross the road due to heave traffic, a lot of beeping cars and commotion so I turned left and ran along the pavement.

I remember looking back and could see the front of the car, stopped at that bollard as it could go no further, and a man had gotten out.

He was wearing shades and had a long coat on, he just stood and looked and I ran, terrified.

We made it home to my grandparents house hysterical and told them, they scolded us for going over there but they didn't take it all that seriously, maybe thinking we had overactive imaginations, I don't know.

It always stuck with me, and I always thought maybe there was a connection, one minute people say they saw clowns, and at the time, even as kids I believed them simply because of the hysteria, fear and axcitement.

That's a 100% true story I only ever told a handful of folks. Take it for what it is...but this killer clown stuff seems to pop up every so many years. It's easy to forget how big a deal it was, previously. yhe only difference now is everyone is camera'd up.

the current mindset, everyone wanting their 15 minutes...it's hard to say, the situation has been contaminated by wannabes.

I think it's bad form for people to do this as a prank, it might have been funny once or twice but it's getting ludicrous now...but on a personal note I'll always have that day in the back of my mind. That was real, so who knows.
edit on 6-10-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: xtradimensions

I bet they're a bunch of pussies who are hiding behind masks trying to intimidate people. See what happens when they attack someone who has a concealed carry license
I bet they run for the hills

I saw this one today - nice example (luckily no firearms were used here though) - skip to 2:17 for the part where their "prank" backfires:

Haha those clowns better keep their little pranks out of the hood this Halloween.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just have these clowns talk to Darwin, he'll sort things out, he always does...

Stupid is what stupid does, if we have idiots of this caliber than the elections are our the least of our worries...

This world seems to be filled with more stupid than it is with air sadly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join