It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran captures an advanced US drone, AGAIN !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
In a very shocking turn of events, Iran showcases a US MQ-1B MALE (medium-altitude, long-endurance) UCAV (unmanned combat aerial vehicle) .

This advanced piece of machinery is not the first US drone captured by Iran . RQ-170 which is a very advanced Recon UAV was also captured by Iran's Electronic Warfare Units some years ago . Iran has for numerous times captured cheaper and less advanced US drones like Scan Eagle too.

The most important thing about these captures is the technological boost that they can offer . for example Iran is now among the very few countries which can produce MALE UCAVs. infact Iran is so advanced in this regard that even Russia seeks ToT from Iran.

Iran now possess the technology of Stealthy Flying Wings and has produces 3 different versions of RQ-170 which were unveiled today along the notorious MQ-1C

Since this news is breaking , higher quality images will get replaces .

the banner reads : Threats (from US and Israel) is turned into opportunities (for Iran)

Iranian S-129 MALE UCAV alongside its American older brother the MQ-1B drone . it is said that S-129 incorporates MQ-1B's technology .

S-129 has flied dozens of combat sorties in Syria

You can see 2 RQ-170 copies behind MQ-1B and S-129 in this picture . ill post more pics and videos soon .

Thanks to US for these amazing gifts .

edit on 1-10-2016 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Practice makes perfect. Looks like they are trying to get a full set. All they are lacking is a global hawk. You'd think there could be a self destruct procedure or something. On a lighter note, it's not like they can use them against us.

American military drones. Gotta catch 'em all

a reply to: haman10

edit on 1-10-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Practice makes perfect. Looks like they are trying to get a full set. All they are lacking is a global hawk. You'd think there could be a self destruct procedure or something. On a lighter note, it's not like they can use them against us.

Yes global hawk would be the last addition to this set : )

actually they say that this drone was captured a couple of years back but they just decided to show it to public .

S-129 uses some of the tech used in MQ-1B as well .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How much of this is hype? It's all well and good to clone the body of an aircraft and stick it in a hanger, but to develop control and communications is a different kettle of fish.

Doubtless the US and others have lost many UCAVs that have found themselves to places like Iran.

I am merely cautioning over-blowing Iran's capability based on Iranian propaganda.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They could have at least kept the parcel box with the drone inside and a tag on the parcel labelled...

'Gift from Obama xxx' with a giant rosy bow attached to the drone.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

well if they are able to figure out how to jam it's signal and capture it, i would say they can figure out how to control it.

edit on 1-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
well if they are able to figure out how to jam it's signal and capture it, i would say they can figure out how to control it.

Maybe they did, maybe they did not. Maybe it just broke down.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You gotta wonder, though, about what we have up our sleeve. It has been said that the US allowed the Chinese to steal the plans for the F-22 and F-35. Why? We have UFO technology, as amply demonstrated with the triangles, and we want to keep the opposition busy with copying our conventional developments.

I maintain that is the case here with the drones. Along with that general scheme are the small, mysteriously orbs, as they are commonly called today and frequently witnessed. They are in a whole new realm of the intel business. Forget flying overhead at 70k feet. These things get right down into the action they want to seek out.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Scratch that . Closer inspection of the OP translates the banner. Thanks OP . Good post.

Any one speak what I am guessing is Persian or Pashto? I'm curious as to what the banner with the large US/Israeli flags with a big arrow pointing to the Iranian flag says. Something like " thanks for the new tech a$$h0//&$".
edit on 1-10-2016 by Paddyofurniture because: More info

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

well here is a question, how many "just broke" over iran and didn't break into a million pieces when they hit the ground, considering high they fly?

A second senior U.S. military official said that a major question is how the drone could have remained "virtually intact," given the high altitude from which it is said to have crashed. U.S. Navy Captain John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, told a news conference on 8 December 2011 that Pentagon analysts were examining the video.[24] Both Kirby and fellow spokesman George Little would not comment further on whether the U.S. military believed the drone was the one missing, both did say that the missing drone had not been recovered.[24] Later that day, CBS reported that the US officials had confirmed in private the authenticity of the drone shown by the Iranians.[25]
US acknowledgement

edit on 1-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Interesting (but not unexpected) there's basically no mention of this across the media. Surprise surprise.

I have to think that because of the ease this is happening...the U.S. (and Allies)...have got others more advanced as well out there. They'd have to...or it'd be like losing a war.

I for one? I think we are "letting" them get their hands on them...that way they spend time breaking them down to see how they work...while all the time...we have the higher tech ones up there flying around...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I for one? I think we are "letting" them get their hands on them...that way they spend time breaking them down to see how they work...while all the time...we have the higher tech ones up there flying around...

could be, or a purposely placed design flaw that would allow exploitation of clones. i've often wondered if that was the reason china gets so much of our tech.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If they can capture military drones, just imagine how easy it will be to capture the Amazon delivery drones.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Do you have a link to your source?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Interesting (but not unexpected) there's basically no mention of this across the media. Surprise surprise.

I have to think that because of the ease this is happening...the U.S. (and Allies)...have got others more advanced as well out there. They'd have to...or it'd be like losing a war.

RQ-170 was THE most advanced UAV US had in her arsenal . by all means continue "letting" Iran get her hands on these "conventional" technologies .

it looks like that this ToT makes everyone happy . Iran's happy, US is happy, We're all cool .

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Maybe they did, maybe they did not. Maybe it just broke down.
"Broke down" . literally tens of US drones have "broken down" over Iran without having a scratch on them .

maybe all of them break down in an Airport with their gears on . just by chance

=============================================

Better quality pics as promised :

www.sepahnews.com...

www.sepahnews.com...

www.sepahnews.com...

www.sepahnews.com...

Sadid Air to Ground missile :

www.sepahnews.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Iran says new attack drone modeled on captured US aircraft

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's Revolutionary Guard has built a new attack drone which is similar to a U.S. unmanned aerial vehicle captured five years ago, Iranian media reported on Saturday.

The semi-official Tasnim news agency says the "Saegheh" (Thunderbolt) drone is similar to the RQ-170 Sentinel spy drone. Iran's state-run Press TV says the long-range drone can carry four precision-guided bombs. Neither report gave figures for the drone's range.

click link for article...

Also Sepah news is the media arm of the IRGC.

Additional sources
* - Iran says new attack drone modeled on captured US aircraft

The US MQ-1B MALE is an update to the Mq-1 Predator program, with its first flight occurring in 1994.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thanks to US for these amazing gifts .

LOL!

You're not welcome! You know we have to keep an eye on you guys! lol.

edit on 10/1/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This makes no sense. Drones are made to save human death or becoming prisoner. Why would there be no system to self destruct or scramble everything upon loss of connection or control. Ohh wait makes perfect sense if hillary was involved.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
IRAN also just released a photo of a new ATTACK Drone they unveiled today. They brag that it's modeled after another U.S. craft that they shot down 5 years ago.

"TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's Revolutionary Guard has built a new attack drone which is similar to a U.S. unmanned aerial vehicle captured five years ago, Iranian media reported on Saturday.

The semi-official Tasnim news agency says the "Saegheh" (Thunderbolt) drone is similar to the RQ-170 Sentinel spy drone. Iran's state-run Press TV says the long-range drone can carry four precision-guided bombs. Neither report gave figures for the drone's range.

Iran claimed to have shot down an RQ-170 drone used by the Central Intelligence Agency in December 2011 and broadcast footage of the recovered aircraft. It also claims to have captured three American ScanEagle drones."

Source: www.msn.com...

Maybe the Obama Administration didn't send Iran enough pay-off money, and they want more.

edit on 10/1/2016 by carewemust because: iran is asking for it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dear Iran,

Please accept this gift.

Sincerely,

Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join