It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Women Ask Men Out on First Dates?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It depends on the definition of "asking out", because long before that you can tell if a woman is into you or not. It's as simple as catching them checking you out, and how they respond when contact is initiated.

Sure, the onus is on the man, but in reality you should only be "asking them out" if you already have a good idea of the reply.

It shouldn't be like a guillotine blade dropping either, you two should *want* to do....this thing (together), and boom.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Also:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Sure, the onus is on the man, but in reality you should only be "asking them out" if you already have a good idea of the reply.

I recall twice falling for women who were in relationships and weren't available when I fell for them. I told them how I felt, and both times after they broke up with their boyfriends they ended up asking me out. Initiating contact without any signs from the women worked out for me. It worked out for me other times too.

Why are people so timid about dating? You're implying that a male should only ask out a woman if she's indicated that she likes him somehow. Some women in this thread have written they won't go out with a man unless they're asked out.

With all those constrictions, it's a wonder that people are able to get together at all.

Blind dates haven't been mentioned in this thread, but they are very pertinent to a lot of the opinions people here have. Blind dates would never work out if all the "rules" people are throwing around in this thread were justifiable in reality.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: StallionDuck

No, plenty of women do not make the first move. Women, MOST women are conditioned to let the man be the man and the woman be the women from the get go.

WOW ! really ! that sounds rather sexist what you just posted right there...perhaps in certain cultures you may be correct but for the most just no....

May i ask what country you live in /....for context im in Australia and sitting here with my girlfriend and she is curious as to how you have this attitude.....she reckons she has asked more guys out on first dates than have asked her....

What an ass...

Pics or it didnt happen

Sexist is telling truth? Ok then sure. Whatever you say.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: StallionDuck

No, plenty of women do not make the first move. Women, MOST women are conditioned to let the man be the man and the woman be the women from the get go.

WOW ! really ! that sounds rather sexist what you just posted right there...perhaps in certain cultures you may be correct but for the most just no....

May i ask what country you live in /....for context im in Australia and sitting here with my girlfriend and she is curious as to how you have this attitude.....she reckons she has asked more guys out on first dates than have asked her....

What an ass...

Pics or it didnt happen

Sexist is telling truth? Ok then sure. Whatever you say.

What you mean to say is that you have nothing ....ok then carry on...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am confident enough to ask men out on dates. But it back fires for some reason. I haven't had a boyfriend in a while. I am afraid of getting hurt but i still desperately believe in love. I want love, i want romance, everything men seem to no longer do.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think a more apt title is "I have never been asked out by a woman so therefore its just something women do not do". Some people are better at getting what they want out of women than others, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JaneLane1991

Ha!

I am obsolete as a male, because I am a romantic, poetic type, and a gentleman, who does not do screwing on first dates, cheating, wandering eyes, or any of that other terrible modern nonsense. I am an old fashioned sort of fellow, and most ladies round my way have not the attention span necessary to allow them to appreciate or even notice me, because I am not doing something utterly retarded every sixty seconds for attention, or constantly working out to make my outer shell as appealing as possible. In short, being a man is frowned upon by the vast majority of women where I am.

Here, its all about the hours in the gym, the free availability of money, and keeping emotions out of the equation. I hate it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join