It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British ambassador to UN accuses Russia of war crimes in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As the situation in Syria and more especially Aleppo continue to spiral downwards the British ambassador to the UN has at an emergency meeting of the Security Council accused Russia and the Assad regime of Carrying out War Crimes ,this goes further than the Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson's statement earlier where he said Russia may have committed War Crimes.

Ambassador Matthew Rycroft accused the Russians of using bunker busting bombs and incendiary munitions on civilians.

The deteriorating situation in the country represents a "moment of truth" for the UN, France's foreign minister warned, while US ambassador Samantha Power said Moscow's actions in Syria were "barbarism, not counter-terrorism".

Russia's UN ambassador told the session that bringing peace to Syria "is almost an impossible task now". Syrian rebels earlier declared the push for peace "futile" after Syrian government and Russian warplanes bombarded Aleppo in the worst surge of violence in the city for years.

The 30 rebel groups - including the biggest faction backed by Turkey, Gulf states and the West - said the bombing campaign was "unprecedented", with more than 200 killed in recent days.
news.sky.com...

Strong words as tensions continue to mount , the chance for diplomacy seems done.

edit on 25-9-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The rhetoric against Russia has really been ramped up over the last year or so and unless they have evidence of these claims, then the ambassador should know better than to make these allegations.

Russia are protecting their interests in Syria, just like any western country would protect their own interests in a country that was being ripped apart by Russian backed rebels.

I'm not saying what is happening there should be condoned, but it's all a bit rich coming from a country that joined in an illegal invasion of Iraq and backed terrorist groups to oppose of Gaddafi.

War crimes when the Russians commit atrocities, collateral damage when we do the same thing.

Just look at what is happening in Yemen, using U.K manufactured weapons of mass destruction. Used indiscriminately, killing thousands of innocent civilians, while we send troops to Saudi Arabia, allegedly as observers.

The hypocrisy would be laughable, if it wasn't so tragic,

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
what a joke... and why havent the UN accuse USA of war crimes against the universe?

the hypocrisy is indeed laughable.

all the US do is say 'their bad' after they kill scores and all is well...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
haha we created a mess and now affront russia to clean the room.

well, nato and friends, i've got news for you: war isn't cosy disneyland.
that's why you bomb hospitals and marriages again and again yourselves.
you shouldn't have started this war beforehand.

i really hope syria will be the last country we tried to force democracy upon

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Syrian Ambassador has just said terrorists are planning on using Phosphorus weapons on civilians and making it look like the regime were to blame , getting his excuses in early ?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I watched the John Kerry 'parallel universe' comments on TV and it really does seem like that. I also noticed Boris Johnston sitting beside him...somehow he just didn't look right sitting there. John Kerry and Boris Johnston, someone should just tell those two to 'shove it' and piss off.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Time to admit and accept.
the USA is at war with Russia.
edit on 25-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Russia's war crimes in Syria are very serious. Quite apart from deliberately attacking civilians, she has stayed soft on ISIS because Assad buys his oil from them.

In fact, Assad has been negotiating gas and oil deals with ISIS for months.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

So Russia cannot supply Syria with oil but can supply pretty much anything else and terrorist are so hardcore business men that they sell and even negotiate after their hardcore stance against the very government of Syria.
Also it would appear so that terrorist have claimed all the Syrian oil fields and nor western allies or Syrian allies can clear em out?

These my friends are not normal human terrorist but something out of superhero movies like super villains group that no power of the known world even our world super next top cop nation can bring in justice! Be glad they are interested only ME countries though while i think they have said next will be this and that part of the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

edit on 25-9-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
As the situation in Syria and more especially Aleppo continue to spiral downwards the British ambassador to the UN has at an emergency meeting of the Security Council accused Russia and the Assad regime of Carrying out War Crimes ,this goes further than the Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson's statement earlier where he said Russia may have committed War Crimes.

Ambassador Matthew Rycroft accused the Russians of using bunker busting bombs and incendiary munitions on civilians.

The deteriorating situation in the country represents a "moment of truth" for the UN, France's foreign minister warned, while US ambassador Samantha Power said Moscow's actions in Syria were "barbarism, not counter-terrorism".

Russia's UN ambassador told the session that bringing peace to Syria "is almost an impossible task now". Syrian rebels earlier declared the push for peace "futile" after Syrian government and Russian warplanes bombarded Aleppo in the worst surge of violence in the city for years.

The 30 rebel groups - including the biggest faction backed by Turkey, Gulf states and the West - said the bombing campaign was "unprecedented", with more than 200 killed in recent days.
news.sky.com...

Strong words as tensions continue to mount , the chance for diplomacy seems done.

I'm not excusing war crimes nor human rights violation on either side. I abhor both. However, one thing many Westerners do not acknowledge is that Russia is an ally of the Syrian government, and has been invited to operate there. This makes their presence legal under international law.

The West and allies are violating the sovereignty of Syria through funding, arming, and training militants, many of whom aren't even Syrian. This, IS illegal under international law.
edit on 25-9-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The rhetoric against Russia has really been ramped up over the last year or so and unless they have evidence of these claims, then the ambassador should know better than to make these allegations.

The evidence is in Aleppo. It looks a bit like Grozny, which is the last time the Russians went out to quell a population.

Human rights organisations have been accusing Russia of targeting hosptals for some time, so this is just widening it.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Kettle, meet pot.

No evidence from reliable organisations (White House connected NGOs are not reliable).

Meanwhile the UK is one of the NATO imperialist states sending support to terrorists guilty of horrific crimes.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The evidence is in Aleppo

The evidence is in the 'Assad must go' mantra.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And yet the establishment clown totally forgets the bombing of Syrian Army troops by the United States that killed around 80 a few days back.
Syria is a soveriegn country and the only other country having any business there is Russia which was asked by Assad for assistance in dealing with ISIS.

I wouldn't mind so much but the engines on the fighter jets were already heating up on the runway as the votes were being counted in Parliament to go bomb the sh!t out Syria in the name of fighting terrorism.
Cameron was frothing at the mouth to get his bombing campaign underway in a foreign country which has nothing to do with Britain but it pretends like it has the morale high ground because it's a "democracy" even though it funded and armed a bunch of loons known as ISIS in the first place.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Well, be that as it may, Aleppo looks like Grozny. The flattening of Grozny demonstrates the blunt hammer.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: midicon

Well, be that as it may, Aleppo looks like Grozny. The flattening of Grozny demonstrates the blunt hammer.

It might well be that if the US and it's allies had not been supporting regime change and supplying copious amounts of weapons to any and all that are against the Syrian government that the destruction of Syria would not have happened.
I don't like anything that I have seen about Assad. I can recall him smirking when Gaddafi warned the Arab nations at a meeting some years ago. I am sure he is not smirking now.
That being said, my own government and the US have no business condemning anyone. We can only do that if we deal with the corrupt war hawks and arms manufacturers in our own countries first.
Let's just take the plank out of our own eyes. That might be the proper thing to do.

new topics

top topics

join