It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs Americans Won't Do: Accounting, IT, Healthcare, and Teaching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Students, ask yourselves why you are wasting time and money going to college (especially borrowed money)?

Our globalist corporations are wasting no time promoting more and more "visas" to make sure your possible earnings are lower and lower (if you can even get that job in the first place).

We now have lobbyist firmly entrenched within both parties and a lot of corporate money flowing to the politicians to make sure you cannot be competitive and have to work for less.

Start voting these people out of office. Seriously, most of our children will be devastated if this is allowed to continue. Outsourcing overseas devastated much of our blue-collar work. White collar jobs have been difficult to outsource overseas so now they just want to bring the cheap labor here and have YOU pay for it with government subsidies!

www.breitbart.com...

McDonalds Hires Foreign H-1Bs, Fires 70 American Accounting Staff

McDonald’s, has quietly outsourced the jobs of 70 white-collar professionals in Ohio to foreign H-1B workers.
The H-1B outsourcing in the nation’s heartland showcases the growing corporate use of foreign H-1B workers to replace American white-collar professionals, and it comes after companies have used waves of legal and illegal migrants to slash blue-collar jobs and wages in Ohio and around the country.

Nationwide, the foreign population of white-collar temporary workers, dubbed “guest-workers,” now exceeds 800,000, including roughly 650,000 H-1B workers on multi-year visas.

The outsourcing deal was revealed when McDonalds sought federal taxpayers’ funds to compensate the 70 fired Americans.

The outsourcing news comes as Donald Trump campaigns on the popular promise to reform the H-1B and immigration programs and while Hillary Clinton is promising to expand companies’ hiring of foreign blue-collar and white-collar workers.

But American companies are now trying to outsource more varieties of jobs, including accounting, healthcare and design jobs. For example, American universities have hired H-1Bs for 100,000 prestigious jobs, including professors, lecturers, doctors, therapists, scientists and researchers. Engineering giant Caterpillar continues to hire H-1B workers in Illinois as it fires hundreds of American engineers and other white-collar workers, DeLoitte and other U.S. accounting firms have asked for more than 20,000 H-1B visas to replace American business-school graduates.

Nationwide, roughly 650,000 H-1Bs are working for companies in the United States, alongside many other hundreds of thousands of guest workers with L-1, B-1 and other white collar visas.

The article is very long and detailed with specifics around the State of Ohio which I will try to chop down to just the major details

Most reporters prefer to focus on the concerns of diverse migrants now living in the United States, in part, because the migrants increase the social and political clout of the journalists and their political allies in the Democratic Party. In effect, the reporters’ self-image as defenders of the Little Guy against Big Corporations has been globalized, so that most journalists now view themselves as defenders of vibrant immigrants against white-bread Americans.

Overall, the federal government invites roughly 800,000 guest-workers — plus 1 million legal immigrants plus a few hundred thousand illegal immigrants and “overstays” — into the country each year, where they compete for jobs sought by the 4 million young Americans who annually enter the workforce. That’s roughly two new foreign workers for every four Americans who enter the workforce, or, in economic terms, a federal policy of inflating the new labor supply by roughly 50 percent.

One result is that several million young American men simply have given up looking for jobs, and are falling through the floor of society.

Americans want to like immigrants, and they want to like immigration in general, but they’re growing more worried that it is an economic threat to them and their children. For companies, and now increasingly for voters, immigration “is all about the bottom line,” said Newsome.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What's interesting is you're raging about H1B visa holders filling good paying white collar jobs with the title "Jobs Americans Won't Do."

Are you not in fact supporting a candidate who staffs his Florida resort with H1B visa holders instead of Americans (not in the past, not decades ago, RIGHT NOW), who is married to a former H1B visa holder and who is running a campaign built on demonizing not H1B visa holders but the undocumented laborers who actually do a lot of the sort of work that if asked, many Americans would not want to do.

If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Instead of paying for college, it would be cheaper and better for your career, just to donate to the Clinton Foundatuon.

Once you do that, job offers will roll in!!!!

Sure some of the jobs have a high 'suicide' rate, but hey, a job is a job

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Nah, go to art school learn how to paint and you can sell Donald Trump pictures of himself bought with other people's money from his foundation.
edit on 2016-9-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I find both of these "candidates" deplorable.

Rand Paul was my candidate choice and I have nobody to vote for. Neocon Authoritarian Progressive, Neocon Social Progressives, or Progressive Light.

Joy.

The Heller Decision which should have been 9-0 was 5-4. That is where my vote is going.

But anyway, Politicians on both sides of the Globalist isle are supporting this. Time to vote them out.
edit on 20-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Up in Maine, where I'm from, Healthcare, IT, teaching, and Accounting are about the only jobs left hiring middle age white males.

Did you know that most companies now have a legal requirement to hire a certain percentage of "african americans"? What a lame term. Also, a lame policy. Ten years in the field I've known two non-white IT guys to live in this state.
They'll never be out of a job- society demands they get hired before anyone else.

Anyone with faith left in government can suck it- and likely will, when they find themselves in happy camps.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

...why not just fill out your FAFSA and get it for free?

I'm serious. That's what I did. I have literally no money. I'm debt-free.

Doesn't seem like this is common knowledge, though. I don't know if it is just my state, but I have to assume that it can't be. So, you can get 6 years of aid. That's a whole lot. Yeah, you have to go to the state school, but who cares it's just a bachelor's degree! It's where you get your graduate degree that matters. I'm glad that I waited to go to school because now while all of my peers are drowning in debt, I'm not! And yeah, I'm behind, but so what? It gives me the opportunity to plan ahead.

Not that I knew that in waiting I'd get it paid for. Heck, when I first became a member here I was all woe is me thinking I'd never be able to go back to school. Sure, not back to the private school I first went to, but I'm still going to get my degree! And for free! You can't beat free.

The only catch is, you have to do well in school.

They're giving the money away--you might as well take some, if you actually want to go to school.

I don't know the age cut-off, if there is one.

But you're never going to get a good job without a good degree--and also at least some graduate school. Back before the flattening of the world, one could make quite a bit without any upper education, but now, well, good luck Irene.

College is a must for making a good salary/not having to get a job where you end up prematurely aging yourself/actually being able to get to do what you want at the end of the day. The key is not getting a useless degree. That's why I'm doing a BS in psychology--because you can use psychology in any field. It's a good selling point. And, a BS is much better than a BA (which is what most people get, because it's easier to get). I'm thinking of minoring in communications. I'm not too worried about finding a job. I've already found plenty of potential places that I plan on applying to. With a degree, you automatically make more than someone without one--even with a stupid degree. Now, that isn't worth it if you're also drowning in debt. BUT if you can get FAFSA money, then you really should go do that because you will make more money with a degree than without one. Period. End of story.

You just need to play the game right. Then you can win.
Where there's a will, there's ALWAYS a way.

edit on 21-9-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

S&F
Rock n Roll

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

...why not just fill out your FAFSA and get it for free?

Unless you are getting 100% grants, FAFSA is student loans. Suppsidized and un subsidized and have to be paid back.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I'm getting 100% grants. I think taking out loans for a bachelors degree is moronic, with the economy the way it is.

Equaling out to $9,900/year (the grants I get from my state and from the federal government. I get a Pell one and two from my state. All I did to get them was fill out the FAFSA, send it to my school, and I'm in good academic standing). I'm about to get a check in the mail for the money I didn't use this semester. I kid you not. I just need to pass all of my classes (meaning, pass 2/3 of them, which in my case means 8 credits). Then I get to keep the excess funds. Because the federal government gives the state funding and says, you have to spend this money, so they do. And that's how one gets free money. That's why I said, maybe it's just my state, but I doubt it. I bet you can do this anywhere in the U.S. I know it sounds weird. But it's really how this works.

Go do your FAFSA if you're independent from your parents taxes.
Or, don't. I'm just trying to help someone out here. Because had I known this earlier, I would have avoided a whole lot of stress and worrying over nothing. So I'm only telling you this because maybe you or someone else can read it and take advantage of it. That's all.

Actually, it's probably better for me if you don't do it because then more money for me
So go ahead and don't believe me. That's exactly what they want you to think lol *tin foil hat time?*
edit on 21-9-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join