It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Team VS Blue Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
First I'll star off with an old quote from a political moderator on NBC radio in 1935:
"If we persist in the practice of Republicans reading only Republican newspapers, listening only to Republican speeches on the radio, attending only Republican political rallies, and mixing socially only with those of congenial views, and if Democrats . . . follow suit, we are sowing the seeds of the destruction of our democracy.”

Nothing that can be done about that now, seeing as it's worst than it has ever been. But I got the quote from an article I was reading about the upcoming debates and the moderators. I'm curious so I read a lot of recent articles on the subject. Some informative, but most...Well let's just say they were cheering for one team or the other.

Specifically I was reading articles about the debates and moderators and here is how one article began:
"We’ve spent eight years hearing how awful we are for not praising President Obama’s failures.
Have a problem with anemic economic growth? You’re a bigot. Not a fan of accumulating more debt than every other president combined? You’re a Klansman. Not a fan of unfettered, anonymous immigration or providing funding, housing and work to unvetted refugees from terrorist-infested parts of the world? You’re a xenophobe. Think adding millions upon millions of Americans to the welfare rolls shouldn’t be celebrated? You’re blowing the “dog whistle” of racism."

I had to scroll down quite a lot to get to anything about the debates and moderators only to read opinions on how they are going to screw over Donald Trump because Lauer was "harder" on Clinton in the forum or whatever it was called. No one has ever called someone a bigot because of their views on anemic economic growth, nor a klansmen because of a huge national debt. Any funding, housing or work offered to immigrants and/or war refugees is only given after 2 years of stringent scrutiny and background checks. Legally speaking the US is one of the hardest western nations to immigrate to or receive refugee status from. They need to answer questions about America that most Americans don't even know. Does not wanting terrorists in your country make you a xenophobe, of course not. But let's get real, terrorists don't fill out pages and pages of paper work then wait years to receive refugee status. Just like most illegal immigrants don't walk across the Mexican border. They take boats and planes because America is a free country and anyone can visit whenever they feel like it. Almost forgot about the whole everyone is on welfare thing. George Bush signed into law a Medicare bill, which subsidizes medicine for low income old people, gotta win Florida. There are a lot more old people now on welfare programs than there used to be and it's only gonna get worse. Nothing you can do about it, America has an aging demographic. Either make more babies or take in more immigrants or America will just be overrun with old people. I was gonna comment some more but I don't know what "the dog whistle of racism" is. I don't think that's a thing.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of democratic articles about how Trump is a bigot and so on and so forth. Or that whole half of trump supporters can be placed into a "basket of deplorables". I think that was a downton abbey insult. Not gonna lie democratic articles don't have such an intense rhetoric, then again same goes for their politicians. They just don't seem as passionate. FOX news does a way better job rooting for their team than MSNBC, not for lack of trying. FOX news has become so damn good that, as Jon Stewart once said, they have become the model of a 24-hour news network that others try to emulate.

This whole us vs them mentality that is in both parties is stupid. Nowadays when a (usually old school) republican or democrat legislator tries to bridge the two parties together by passing a bipartisan bill they're now looked on as traitors and when the next election comes around they're not up against someone from the other team, they're up against someone new from their own team. Someone who will always fall in line with their party. It's like both political parties forgot that opposing views should come together and compromise to move forward. Instead we have gridlock, more government shut downs than ever before and legislative blackmail to get whatever their party wants in bills that need to be passed as a matter of running the country. Like putting abortion in a national Defence bill or gun control in a bicycle safety bill. Ok first one is real, made up the second one because I couldn't find a gun control bill hidden inside another bill. But if they could pull it off they would.

It's like two American hockey teams playing against each other and their looking for any way to get an advantage over the other; cheating, paying off the refs, injuring each other when no one is looking. Anything to win the game they are currently in and f*ck up the opposing team without realizing that they have to play together on the same team in a few weeks in the Olympics. Where they'll have injured players and no team chemistry to win internationally. I'm not trying to sh*t on the American hockey team, just trying to make an analogy.

The debates aren't going to be pretty and I doubt they will be anywhere near as civil as let's say every other presidential debate to date, but I'm sure they'll be fun. Those poor moderators have the inenvialble task of reigning in two highly practiced liars,I mean lawyer and businessman. One moderator has already promised to not call anyone out on blatant lies, so good start for the presidential debates' quest for truth in a sea of lies. May the independents in this election choose wisely, because it's all on them. Everyone else is on their team's side no matter what happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

that NBC Moderator was right in 1935, you're both completely correct. Why people don't see this, I can't understand.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
First I'll star off with an old quote from a political moderator on NBC radio in 1935:
"If we persist in the practice of Republicans reading only Republican newspapers, listening only to Republican speeches on the radio, attending only Republican political rallies, and mixing socially only with those of congenial views, and if Democrats . . . follow suit, we are sowing the seeds of the destruction of our democracy.”

Source?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0

Source?

Page 10:

books.google.com...,+li stening+only+to+Republican+speeches+on+the+radio,+attending+only+Republican+political+rallies&source=bl&ots=KHvPEir0cr&sig=-jznUkw2raiTGC4AcGl0LotB5Os &hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju4Lqi04_PAhWN8oMKHbzCBocQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=If%20we%20persist%20in%20the%20practice%20of%20Republicans%20reading%20only%20Re publican%20newspapers%2C%20listening%20only%20to%20Republican%20speeches%20on%20the%20radio%2C%20attending%20only%20Republican%20political%20rallies&f =false

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Source?

Seriously? It took me all of six seconds to copy the first part of the quote from your comment, paste it into Google and get results:

Here

Deny ignorance. Do your own due diligence and school yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It needs to be done in the OP. I am not going on a wild goose chase.

top topics

join