It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hole in the wall stores/markets have the best snacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
while i do love going to world market and trader joes to get munchies the little hole in the wall corner type stores have the best stuff. of farmers markets.

i was cruising yesterday and we wet through a little township that had a little corner store with meats and a deli advertised. of course i have to check it out.
home made smokies for $1.29 a pop. big thick bastards too. much better than the jack link sasquatch # you get everywhere else.
these dudes were as thick as a hotdog and killer flavors.

they had ghost pepper. jalepeno. cheese.

i always hit the farmers market too so i can get some different cheeses.

so heads up. if you are driving around and you see a little corner store or a hole in the wall you should stop. those places have the best eats.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here in the high desert southwest, the little markets and roadside tienditas, have homemade burritos, tamales, chichirones, pan dulce, from the Hispanic folks and The Native American pueblos bring in Navajo tacos, oven bread and the occasional spiced lizard on a stick and snake jerky in the more ethnic markets.
edit on 11-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Many years ago I worked in a shop which backed onto the local market.
They literally had a hole in a wall (serving hatch) of the markets hall/office building there.

On Saturdays the boss would buy us all a breakfast sandwich which had bacon, sausage, fried egg, melted cheese, black pudding, beans and mushrooms with brown sauce.

Perfect combination really and very hard to eat AND stay clean.

You don't seem to get such healthy and nutritious snacks elsewhere!

Memories making me hungry now.

join