It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic Rescue In Italy After Devastating Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
With all the depressing and troubling news that's in the headlines, it's refreshing to see something that puts a smile on your face. I just got home from work and was reading up on the tragic earthquake in Italy that claimed close to 250 people. There was video footage that was taken by a drone that showed the devastating damage done to a village, with nearly every home and building reduced to a pile of rubble. Then I stumbled on this video clip which shows a 10 year old girl being rescued from the wreckage of a collapsed building. A rescue worker saw the girls legs trapped under the rubble and it took 17 hours for several firefighters to rescue her. This video clip really shows the power of hope. Hope is inspiring and is a powerful thing. It keeps us going when times are tough.

Mod Note: The use of All Caps - ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE
edit on 8/25/2016 by eriktheawful because: Edited all caps title.

posted on Aug, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The death toll is still rising now up to 250. Villages and hamlets not just destroyed but gone. So many many people homeless and in utter despair. A very sad day with only a tiny bit of hope for the 100's still buried as aftershocks are still occurring. I love Italy and go whenever I can and just wish there was something I could do to help

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Most of the deaths in the Italian earthquake are due to the corrupt state and politicians. Most of the victims are foreign (mostly german tourists)

Rule number one for the tourist: Stay away from small italian towns, which are notorious for poor housing construction quality. Everything there is built using "spit and sand" literally. Notice the rubble visible on TV. There's no steel. Additionally there are no concrete plans for rapid evacuation of the area in case of necessity.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As you can see, here we go again. Yesterday night ... Better you aren't a German tourist or any other tourist down there!

top topics

join