It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Chimera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, I suppose now it's official....

My latest blood workup came back from the lab (tested as my blood pressure is up lately)...and sure enough, the doc noticed that my blood type was different than the last one taken.

I've had this happen often, and it used to cause me to REALLY distrust doctors and hospitals, etc. cause if they screwed up there, who knows what else!!!???

Turns out I'm actually a blood chimera, and though not much rhyme or reason to it, I can test as two different blood types, even two different DNA sequences at different times...

Last I read up on it, something about absorbing my twin in the womb perhaps.... Anyhow, it's nice to have a little validation after all of these years, of just thinking they were incompetent, hehe...

Any other freaks?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh thank god someone else experiences this. I've had bloodwork done probably a dozen times in my life and switched blood types every time.
I just thought that the lab was forever screwing up. I never really wanted to say anything because it's just weird.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ah yes, genetic chimeras. Interesting. Do you have strange lines on your skin, perhaps ones that only show up on UV light? There is a type of chimera where the distribution of the two different 'cell types' (lets call it that for the moment for clarity and brevity) is arranged in a pattern and reacts to that light. Not glowing, just slightly different than one another and thus can be distinguished.

I think there are two types of genetic chimeras, one is effectively the a single individual who, early in development, had a seperate and distinct cell line mixed in with their own cells, and the other is one wherein there was an alteration to the dna of one of one's own cells, but very early indevelopment, such that all subsequent cells that 'grew' from it were also distinct.

Tho, this 'blood chimera' might be something more specific, and only refer to having, say, two set of the genes that control blood type.

And, atop all that, there are created chimeras, say mice with cow stem cells, or a human with, say, their germ line altered by insertion of an engineered gene would also be a chimera.

here is an interesting news article on it
www.cavalierdaily.com...

and here is a medical dictionary definition
www.medterms.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They had a CSI Vegas awhile back a they had a guy that was a Genetic Chimera. The DNA from his blood and that of his semen and hair were different.

They also talked about absorbing a twin in the womb. The guy also had some weird pattern on his back under a certain light like a V shape. Thats what tipped them off on thinking this guy was a Chimera

Very interesting stuff and quite rare I would assume.

top topics

join