It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polls are for Propagandists and their Useful Idiots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Individual polls are not necessarily demonstrable examples of wider trends. They can be skewed, deliberately or not, by any number of things - such as where the poll was taken, if a specific demographic was polled, etc.

However to discount polls outright is naive at best - as groups of polls can then be used to generate meta data that does tend to be much, much more universal and accurate.

It's all about the meta data.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Lol. Whatever. Enjoy your dumb rant that isn't even close to realistic. I'll just laugh at you when they prove right and Hillary wins come November.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hope anyone reading this thread has taken note of those who are most offended by my comments, and realizes what that says about them within the thread's context.

(post by manuelram16 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, it's probably because I've seen you in Trump threads supporting and or defending him. So many Trump supporters on this site it's hard to keep up but your rainbow avatar does stick out.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Quote one to me.

I've also made several derogatory posts regarding Trump, and even quoted my most recent one earlier in this thread.

I can agree with a person on one issue and disagree with that same person on another.

Again, you have this very dualistic, black or white, either/or mentality that you apply to seemingly everything. It's very telling as to how you regard the concept of individualism.

You also insist on making this thread into a political endorsement, when it has nothing to do with support or opposition of any candidate.

It's about the manipulative nature of polling in a mass media environment, and the people who either fall for it or perpetuate it.

edit on 8/17/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Some people believe that if you support a candidate, you have to support every issue that the candidate has.

That same thinking goes to specific issues. If you support one issue, then you must support any and all issues and that candidate.

Then there are those that fashion their own beliefs around the letter identifier after a politicians name.

It's a shame that people have to "google" what the party stance is on a subject before they can opine on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You're crazy if you think I'm going to sift thru your post history. To be honest, I don't care at all. Sorry if I was mistaken and your not a supporter of Trump but with a thread like this everyone walking into it assumed the same thing as me.

edit on 17-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So you come into the thread, piss all over it based on an assumption you now admit was erroneous, attempt to derail it, offer a disingenuous apology, and finally act like you're too cool for the whole thing in the first place?

This is why no one takes you seriously outside your little clique.

If you're going to accuse people of this thing or that, be prepared to back it up.

You really have no idea what to do with people like me, do you? That tends to happen when you become incapable of independent thought through political indoctrination.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Boy oh boy, calm down. My lil clique? I didn't know I had one.

Good luck storming the castle!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join