It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chariot of Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have seen alot of theories on ufo's and aliens being mentioned in the Bible, but nothing is more convincing to me than the account of Elijah being taken to heaven in a Chariot of Fire. Or by other accounts in a "whirlwind". And in this particular story, there were several witnesses to the act. There was Elisha, Elijah's understudy, and the 50 prophets who were in the act of challenging Elijah to a test of their god's strength.

IMO, the description of a chriot of fire is obviously not literal, but the only description the author could apply to the stroy that would make the most sense to the readers. I think it is possible to have the most accurate biblical account for a ufo in this story. Below is an interesting link to some more info I dug up on this subject.

www.alienresistance.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As mythology, I'm pretty sure the writer meant what he meant when he said "chariot." It'd be no different than people five hundred years from now taking our stories about flying cars and saying "they were using discs to transport themselves even then!"

Giving supernatural traits to everyday things is pretty common in every culture's mythology; including the Hebrews'. -- Including ours.

Even when we are all flying around in discs to get to our nine-five's, we'll still be writing stories about talking cats.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
mpeake

Seeing your threads and replies on this site I know you are a true scholar and researcher for the true knowledge about aliens and UFO's.

However, I believe the best "description" about UFOs in the bible is in the book of Ezekiel. It is very hard to understand and many interpolations can be intepreted from this book. From Ezekiel, the description appears to me to be some type of helicopter.

Anyways you always have good info and threads for this site.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Truthforall]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words Truth!

I will definitley go back thru Ezekiel per your advise

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
chariots of fire were the reason for the serie chariots of the gods

www.chariotsofthegods.com...

based on claims and stories of erich von daniken.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
chariots of fire were the reason for the serie chariots of the gods

www.chariotsofthegods.com...

based on claims and stories of erich von daniken.

Looks extremely interesting, was this aired in the US on SciFi?
I would love to see it on here Ireland on UK SciFi channel.
Anyone have any info on where and when it might air here?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Celtic, you could always just read his books. That will likely give you more insight into his way of thinking than the TV series.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Celtic, you could always just read his books. That will likely give you more insight into his way of thinking than the TV series.

I have read two of his books, one incidentally called "Chariots of the Gods", but would like to see this series, as I am a huge fan of these type of series.

BTW, I am a firm believer that the Earth has been visited in the distant past by other ETs.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by celticniall]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
mpeake

What I find most discouraging about reading the bible is that the translations from Hebrew, Greek and Aramaric can differ dramatically from one translator to another. The following site has some some info on the book Ezekiel and translations. I personally now use the revised american standard version of the bilbe which I am told by many bile scholars is the most accurate translation to english

www.uforc.com...

I am not trying to give bible lessons here and I apologize for not addressing your original thread. Just providing more info on my earlier repley.

With that say maybe you send me link with more info about Elisha and the UFO connection from other people's perspectives.

Good luck to all in finding the TRUTH.

TFA

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
mpeake

What I find most discouraging about reading the bible is that the translations from Hebrew, Greek and Aramaric can differ dramatically from one translator to another. The following site has some some info on the book Ezekiel and translations. I personally now use the revised american standard version of the bilbe which I am told by many bile scholars is the most accurate translation to english

www.uforc.com...

I am not trying to give bible lessons here and I apologize for not addressing your original thread. Just providing more info on my earlier repley.

With that say maybe you send me link with more info about Elisha and the UFO connection from other people's perspectives.

Good luck to all in finding the TRUTH.

TFA

The translations would be the problem here if not for corroborating(sp) evidence from the likes of the Epic of Gilgamesh, or the Qumran scrolls, where we also find accounts of flying chariots of fire and strange objects coming down from the sky in a mist and fire and being very noisy.
There are also accounts of flying vehicles in the Sanscrit texts from India. IMO these are not coincidences at all, but was the norm, when distant man was visited by someone not from Earth. Not only that but in South America we find ancient accounts of similar description, of beings having the ability to fly over water and see the land from the air.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
celticniall

I was only addressing the text in the bible and no other religious scriptures.
I do not read them for my religion.

They seem to be good references for alien/ufo implications in the past.

A link or more info for your other stated references sounds like good reading.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
celticniall

I was only addressing the text in the bible and no other religious scriptures.
I do not read them for my religion.

They seem to be good references for alien/ufo implications in the past.

A link or more info for your other stated references sounds like good reading.

Happy to oblige

www.crystalinks.com...
www.main.org...
www.atlantisquest.com...
dudeman.net...
www.mbeach.karoo.net...

The last link I found well structured and informative. I will try and find more links, most of what I say comes from books that I read, so these links are the best I can do at the minute.

top topics

join