It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cleric and associate shot in New York.. Queens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

A Muslim cleric and an associate were fatally shot by a lone gunman on Saturday while walking together following afternoon prayers at a mosque in the New York City borough of Queens, authorities said.

The gunman approached the men from behind and shot both in the head at close range at about 1:50 p.m. EDT on a blistering hot afternoon in the Ozone Park neighborhood, police said in a statement, adding that no arrests had been made.

The motive for the shooting was not immediately known and no evidence has been uncovered that the two men were targeted because of their faith, said Tiffany Phillips, a spokeswoman for the New York City Police Department. Even so, police were not ruling out any possibility, she added.

The victims, identified as Imam Maulama Akonjee, 55, and Thara Uddin, 64, were both wearing religious garb at the time of shooting, police said. Police had initially identified Uddin as Tharam.

the entire reuters article is here:
www.reuters.com...
typo
edit on 14-8-2016 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Sounds like a professional hit. Were these two men so-called moderates or where they war mongers, one can't always rely on the media not to put the wrong slant in their reporting?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

At least someone's awake.. no slant just news buddy

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Same subject as being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com... I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

bad title if you ask me.. mine is better

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

This has nothing to do with Mr. Trump.. spinning

top topics

join