It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefly the Game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So I was in the middle of one of my 6 hr gaming sessions the other day (playing DragonQuest II) and wondered why there is no Firefly video game.

Background: Firefly was a TV series by Joss Weddon (canceled after one season by FOX), that was turned into the movie Serenity. It has since created a huge cult following. And the world created in the series would lend itself perfectly for an RPG sandbox type video game. The planets of the systems and background story are set up perfect for a sandbox type game and the whole smuggler/mercenary deal lends itself very well for quests/sidequests.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

I figure there would have to be enough interest in the idea as well as the nod from Weddon (as the creator) as well as a willing game manufacturer.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The season was decent, but I wouldn't say legendary in regards to scope.

Mass Effect is the torchbearer for space saga in games, firefly I dont reckon would be much competition for them and their fame.
As far as sandbox, you got even stronger competition. Elite dangerous, soon no mans sky, many other games with huge do what you want universes, and one day in the distant future, star citizen may be released.

Whedon is ok..I like his stuff generally speaking. I am not a mega fanboy like many are, but he has ok products..translated into games though..hmm..I think a buffy game would perhaps be more unique for gaming.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Just going to leave this over here.

Stay shiny...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Mass Effect is the torchbearer for space saga in games,

Which is exactly what I would expect a Geth spy to say...

But really, you're so right. I noticed the new Star Trek movies seemed to be super inspired by Mass Effect.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's hard to look at "space" games, and not see influences of things like "Star Trek", "Star Wars" and "Battle-Star Galactica", and now we have to add "Mass Effect" to that list.

I am a HUGE fan of the Mass Effect series.

They influence those who have watched or played them, and thus, have carry-over into other projects.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is not Firefly but Firefly-esque if you like Dwarf fortress like games.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The season was decent, but I wouldn't say legendary in regards to scope.

Mass Effect is the torchbearer for space saga in games, firefly I dont reckon would be much competition for them and their fame.
As far as sandbox, you got even stronger competition. Elite dangerous, soon no mans sky, many other games with huge do what you want universes, and one day in the distant future, star citizen may be released.

Whedon is ok..I like his stuff generally speaking. I am not a mega fanboy like many are, but he has ok products..translated into games though..hmm..I think a buffy game would perhaps be more unique for gaming.

IDK man I kind of like the HALO story a bit more then Mass Effect as far as space sagas but ME is great too!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
K, thanks everyone . . . it seems the consensus is that since ME exists, there is no room for a new space RPG.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Refer to my previous post...a cross platform game and it is in the works....even has the original cast on board voice acting their respective roles.

Also, I noticed my link, for me at least; is recently throwing up red flags on my browser...if you are getting the same thing just Google/scroogle/siri/whatever for firefly online.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blood0fheroes

much appreciated

new topics

top topics

join