It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Liberals Pretend That White Males Specifically Do Not Have a History of Slavery?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The place is lousy with silent cowardice. Though I suspect some of it is just an inability to articulate their issues

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

My post was in response to your reply which attempted to dismiss another member's reference to a global agenda taking place. So what exactly am I "whining" about?

Did you really just use the "You see a problem, but I don't. Therefore, no problem exists!" argument?

Why would I expect deference? Or demand respect from somebody whom I don't respect myself? I think you need to touch up on those reading comprehension skills of yours, they are somewhat lacking.

And still a master of deflection, albeit an amateur baiter I see.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

People that support the OP's position know not only that they will be ridiculed, labelled and ostracised for their views, they will also be speaking to brick walls

People who express views that are both self-pitying and aggressive often encounter these problems. As is only right and proper.

The lost world you yearn after can only return with the stormtroopers. Do you realize that? And so you understand what it means that you should wish it so?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
People who express views that are both self-pitying and aggressive often encounter these problems. As is only right and proper.

You mistake passion for aggression.

It's funny that when white people try to address their grievances it is called "whining" and "self-pitying", but when another group does it it is called making progress and correcting an injustice.

The lost world you yearn after can only return with the stormtroopers. Do you realize that? And so you understand what it means that you should wish it so?

What "lost world" do you think I yearn for exactly?

I realise we are living in the year 2016, I don't want to go back to the past. Social progress can be made without "positive" discrimination against white people.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No, you are merely deflecting.

And since you're incapable of defending your position - which isn't really a position at all but rather blind denial - you automatically lose. Lame smart ass comments doesn't invalidate anything.

It only goes to show you what a tool you are, mistaking popular approval for truth. I guess you would be a big fan of 50 Cent then. That's one fallacy, your first fallacy in this thread is that of being a writer but being completely unfamiliar with the concept of colloquial speech, I think I would be forgiven for mistaking you for being autistic.

I see.. well, since I've been here for 7 years already I would say that your prediction failed before you even made it.

Edit: Because while you might think that comment of yours was witty it only shows what a sad man you are, placing such importance on stars. I should've figured that this is the type of man you are, the mentality of someone concerned with how the majority feels: a follower, a number on someone else's screen. What ever would you do if you didn't get stars? If someone wasn't there to hold your hand like the little boy you are? Spoken like a true sheep. As a person I doubt you're anything but an arbitrary accretion of societal memes, independence of spirit must be about as foreign to you as logic is.

And oh, you can look at any number of my posts and you'll see that I get plenty of stars. Whether a specific post gets stars or not is mostly up to circumstance, the specific people that wind up reading a thread. But I suppose you favour blind sentiment over logic.
edit on 8-8-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Sad, sad man..

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have already presented evidence of an agenda, you simply ignored it because there is nothing else but rhetoric for you to stand on.

fellowshipoftheminds.com...

Special needs? More worthless rhetoric. This isn't about special needs anywhere but in your mind, this is about actual facts that because of brainwashing you are incapable of acknowledging.

This isn't some natural organic evolution of society like you're making it out to be, it's a top down totalitarian agenda of control and you are acting the role of a useful idiot.

Now please explain how this agenda, envisioned decades ago and presently in full swing is a fantasy. I'm gonna need hard evidence and not words on a screen. I've presented evidence, now your job is to poke holes in it.. I've noticed that you never do that though, because you're nothing but a glorified troll.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You said:

The agenda is real whether you wish to acknowledge its presence or not. It has many different terms but its key ingredient is the same: use history to guilt white people into being submissive when they experience discrimination and demonisation based on their skin pigmentation alone. Placing this unreasonable standard on any other group would be met with cries of racism and bigotry. That is a fact.

Whining. You're just begging for attention and playing victim

Did you really just use the "You see a problem, but I don't. Therefore, no problem exists!" argument?

No

But I did laugh at you for blaming people for using history against you. It's still funny

Why would I expect deference? Or demand respect from somebody whom I don't respect myself?

So long as we understand each other

So - about your conspiracy theory. You say it exists whether I believe in it or not. You also say it has many different terms (whatever that means)

Not exactly proof of anything but your opinion. It's not even deflection - it's exactly nothing

edit on 8/8/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I'm gonna need hard evidence and not words on a screen. I've presented evidence, now your job is to poke holes in it..

My job?

Go fish

All you've got is a lame website and a lot of pouting supremacists. Good luck with all that

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Exactly nothing? No, that would be you.

In none of my exchanges with you have you ever presented anything that contradicts or disproves any of the assertions that I have made.

I'm tired of your trollish behaviour, you're wrong, that's it!

And if you're gonna disagree you better substantiate your position because right now you're basically going "nu-uh!" like a petulant child.

You're wrong, get with the game or get out because I have no time for your continued foolishness.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You have a conspiracy theory that you introduced late in your thread. You said it proved that you weren't whining

Remember this:

Why Do Liberals Pretend That White Males Specifically Do Not Have a History of Slavery?

I'm not interested in proving that your theory is bogus

I only showed up to make fun of you for begging people to buy into your neediness and make you feel special

:-)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You mistake passion for aggression.

I am perfectly capable of identifying and telling them apart, thank you very much.

You, on the other hand, you are in no position to exercise objective judgement here. You are an interested party.

It's funny that when white people try to address their grievances it is called "whining" and "self-pitying", but when another group does it it is called making progress and correcting an injustice.

Because whining and self-pity is simply what it is. Honest people call a spade a spade.

Look: white Western European Christians have dominated the world for the past five hundred years and still do. Western military might, Western culture and Western wealth far, far outweigh anything the rest of the world can throw against them. If you think otherwise you are either very stupid or have a very strong motive for deceiving yourself.

There is no conspiracy against white people. However, there are many non-white people who look at the world in the same racist way as white bigots do, and who are quite happy that, at last, the white folks are starting to ‘get what is coming to them’. It is a contemptible way to think, I agree, but they have grown up since infancy with the historical narrative of what your forebears did to theirs, so perhaps they have some excuse. I can understand their glee, though I certainly don’t sympathize with it. I deplore their attitudes just as I do yours. Racism is a coin with two sides.

Your point of view is quite as understandable as theirs, you know. Some of your forebears were kings of the hill, A-number-one, top of the heap, etc for half a millennium. The rest of you, even the humblest, reaped and continue to reap a collateral benefit from that. But white supremacy, won by those empire-building heroes in the blood, exploitation and misery of others, is now eroding. The era of Western Christian world dominance is ending. The special status that protected and still protects you (‘Get me out of here! I’m a US citizen!’) can no longer be taken for granted, and some of you can’t bear that. It humiliates and shames you. So you pretend it’s all to do with a conspiracy against your race, and rail against those you believe are trying to tear the white man down.

Understandable, indeed; but not, I fear, deserving of any sympathy whatsoever. Because, unfortunately, you do not have the excuse the other side has. Their ancestors did not slaughter, enslave, oppress, rape or torture yours.

You are the descendent of oppressors, not of the oppressed. And so, when some of you project your own inadequacies and failures on to the general decline of Western power and make yourselves out to be victims, the rest of us become — what did you say? — brick walls. Or else we laugh in your faces at the preposterousness of your silly ‘grievances’.

The great thing, however, is that in spite of the many racists and bigots it harbours, white Western civilization has gone on developing — not only in science and art but also in ethics — and the best among you now deeply regret and deplore the murderous, selfish, vicious behaviour of your ancestors. Of course, other whites — those who hold views similar to the OP’s — see such people as traitors to your race. That is because they think in terms of race, categorize people in terms of race, and believe that races are in some kind of conflict with each other. They are racists, so they can only think like racists.

You, my friend, have some claim to being an intelligent man. So I put this as gently and obliquely as I can, as a mere term of description and not as an intended insult: you, too, are showing yourself to be a person who thinks in racial terms. I’m sure you don’t need to tell me what that makes you.

edit on 9/8/16 by Astyanax because: of slavery.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It's painfully obvious now that your intention is to bait other members into getting worked up and saying something they will regret. As I said before, your deflection skills are top-notch, but you still have plenty of room for improvement in your baiting technique.

Nonetheless, I will not waste another ounce of energy discussing this topic with you.

Good evening, sir.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

You, on the other hand, you are in no position to exercise objective judgement here. You are an interested party.

What do you mean by "interested party"? That there is a conflict of interest in me discussing this topic because I happen to be white? Is that what you are implying?

Because whining and self-pity is simply what it is. Honest people call a spade a spade.

Calling a spade a spade is fine when white people are the subjects in question; it is not alright when the subject is non-white. That is the double standard myself and others are alluding to.

Look: white Western European Christians have dominated the world for the past five hundred years and still do. Western military might, Western culture and Western wealth far, far outweigh anything the rest of the world can throw against them. If you think otherwise you are either very stupid or have a very strong motive for deceiving yourself.

Again, another double standard. When non-white groups have held positions of power and dominance, they were not ridiculed on grounds of their skin colour alone. In fact, if you were to suggest non-white group X DOMINATED area Y for period Z you would be called racist. "What does their skin colour, ethnicity or religion have to do with it?", you would ask.

There is no conspiracy against white people. However, there are many non-white people who look at the world in the same racist way as white bigots do, and who are quite happy that, at last, the white folks are starting to ‘get what is coming to them’. It is a contemptible way to think, I agree, but they have grown up since infancy with the historical narrative of what your forebears did to theirs, so perhaps they have some excuse. I can understand their glee, though I certainly don’t sympathize with it. I deplore their attitudes just as I do yours. Racism is a coin with two sides.

You are implying that I am racist? Why? Because I dare stand up for the rights of white people as a whole?

Your point of view is quite as understandable as theirs, you know. Some of your forebears were kings of the hill, A-number-one, top of the heap, etc for half a millennium. The rest of you, even the humblest, reaped and continue to reap a collateral benefit from that. But white supremacy, won by those empire-building heroes in the blood, exploitation and misery of others, is now eroding. The era of Western Christian world dominance is ending. The special status that protected and still protects you (‘Get me out of here! I’m a US citizen!’) can no longer be taken for granted, and some of you can’t bear that. It humiliates and shames you. So you pretend it’s all to do with a conspiracy against your race, and rail against those you believe are trying to tear the white man down.

Interesting attempted psychological analysis you did there, but it is way off base.

Understandable, indeed; but not, I fear, deserving of any sympathy whatsoever. Because, unfortunately, you do not have the excuse the other side has. Their ancestors did not slaughter, enslave, oppress, rape or torture yours.

Guilt-by-association is a logical fallacy. You know this, I know this, everybody knows this. Why do you continue to justify anti-white sentiment by referring to what "my" ancestors (you do not even know my nationality or religious upbringing, btw) did?

If a black man steals my car 30 years ago, am I justified today in painting all black people as car thieves?

You are the descendent of oppressors, not of the oppressed. And so, when some of you project your own inadequacies and failures on to the general decline of Western power and make yourselves out to be victims, the rest of us become — what did you say? — brick walls. Or else we laugh in your faces at the preposterousness of your silly ‘grievances’.

Do you have evidence that I have oppressed or mistreated anyone? Do you have evidence that my ancestors oppressed or mistreated anyone, or do you just assume because I am white I have blood on my hands?

I recall you mentioning a while back that you were Asian. Mao Zedong was also Aisan. I guess that means you are the descendant of oppressors too. Have you yet paid reparations to the families of those people whom "your ancestors" oppressed and killed?

The great thing, however, is that in spite of the many racists and bigots it harbours, white Western civilization has gone on developing — not only in science and art but also in ethics — and the best among you now deeply regret and deplore the murderous, selfish, vicious behaviour of your ancestors. Of course, other whites — those who hold views similar to the OP’s — see such people as traitors to your race. That is because they think in terms of race, categorize people in terms of race, and believe that races are in some kind of conflict with each other. They are racists, so they can only think like racists.

You are mistaken. The "best among" us have been guilted into accepting discrimination today because people with the same skin colour as them did bad things in the past. It's a ludicrous standard only placed on white people for some reason. This suggests that there is an actual anti-white agenda.

You, my friend, have some claim to being an intelligent man. So I put this as gently and obliquely as I can, as a mere term of description and not as an intended insult: you, too, are showing yourself to be a person who thinks in racial terms. I’m sure you don’t need to tell me what that makes you.

Either race exists, or it does not. You cannot claim race exists when white people are the perpetrators, yet does not exist when white people are the victims. Well you can (and do) but this makes your views contradictory.

edit on 9/8/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What do you mean by "interested party"? That there is a conflict of interest in me discussing this topic because I happen to be white? Is that what you are implying?

Not only because you are white but because you also happen to think in terms of such categories.

The rest of your post merely confirms what I wrote earlier.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'll just tack on a little something - thinking about what Astyanax just wrote...

Western civilization was influenced by those that came before, then all those that came together. It's a living thing

However much it influences the rest of the world now - one thing is clear: most people are happy to be a part of civilization. Full stop

This is bigger than you - and bigger than me

You can't put life in a box and keep it in your drawer. It doesn't belong to you

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Not only because you are white but because you also happen to think in terms of such categories.

Ore more accurately: the manner in which you perceive me to think in such categories.

The rest of your post merely confirms what I wrote earlier.

I must admit I am a little disappointed. I never thought of you as the intellectually lazy type...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Not a conspiracy theory at all.

You are being off topic, either engage with the subject matter or stop derailing the thread.

I have no time to entertain your neediness and your inability to do anything else but deflect.

But you can keep acting like you're on top of things in your own mind, even though reality begs to differ.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

And you are coloured, and according to your logic this probably means you have no say at all in the matters of white people.. Are you really this lazy? You're not being consequential so either you're lazy or you're myopic.

As for the rest of that post.. since Dark Ghost already pulled it apart I don't know if it's worthy of a response, too cliché.

Besides, the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan that you refuse to comment on proves your whole premise to be wrong.

Let me make a guess though, your strategy would centre on calling it a conspiracy theory ignoring both the stated agenda of the people involved and the politics of the West exactly mirroring said agenda.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join