It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic deterioration... new indirect evidence for ET abduction motives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It has been mentioned in various books by and about ET abductees that they think the aliens are coming here so as to extract genetic data from us. Budd Hopkins' book 'Intruders', for example, details an episode, recalled by an abductee, wherein the 'grey/gray' aliens made the abductee watch a film that showed alien children, on their homeworld, dying of weird genetic failures/diseases.

Today's new york times has an article about how the Y- Chromosone adapts through time.... but the article also points out that, as the Y can't swap genetic material with its counterpart chromozone, it is, through, time, slowly building up genetic problems (or so that's how I read the article: please correct me if i misread it). So, could it be that the greys are simply so old that their DNA is as riddled as swiss cheese? If this is the case, are abductions JUSTIFIED (presuming that our DNA is being used to 'patch' them up)?

Here's the link:
www.nytimes.com...

Even if you think I'm way off, it's still a good read.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
sounds interesting but the artical lost me

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know that I spelled 'chromosome' wrong, for all the guys snickering next to their lara croft dolls right now... I was at work and had 10 seconds to post.

Novus,
The article said that the 'Y' chromosome is slowly building up defects over time. I was speculating that the aliens might be suffering from a problem similar to this (though I'm not saying that they have 'y' chromosomes). If they are 'falling apart' at the genetic level, they might be abducting people to get raw genetic parts to 'patch' up their lineage.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
those little theifs
thanx

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i think it would make a lot of since if it were to happen wouldn't they need more and more people?

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
rashcatch, not necessarily. a bit of genetic material can go a long way, and it's probably heavily manipulated before it's copied and used for gene therapy. that, and I'd figure the aliens would want to keep the abductee population fairly low for two reasons: one, to keep their presence here secret; and two, because they only want the sturdiest genes. I figure they wouldn't come all the way from another solar system just to get Joe Blow's crap DNA.
they'd want the best they can get, and I'd guess that quality varies widely in the human population where chromosomes are concerned.

top topics

join