It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mislead In Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There were birds singing from the treetops, sky blue and cloudless, and the spring breeze was perfect. For a moment the world seemed at peace. Then the skies grew dark in the blink of an eye. No more sweet sounds of nature, the air was now think with black smoke, and you could hear cars crashing in the streets.

My first thought was my children. Where are they? At friends homes up the street. God my legs felt like jello and I could'nt speak. My worst nightmares could never prepare me for what was happening now.
I managed to catch my breath and pull myself together enough to go after my children. Remembering running as fast and hard as I could, never looking back, affraid of what I may see. All my thoughts were of finding my babies. Then if we must die atleast we would die together.

The streets were mad with people running in all directions. Screams pierced my ears as I ran through yards yelling out thier names. Suddenly I had reached the end of out street and had not found them. I dropped to my knees and begged God to give me my last breath holding my two children in my arms. I was sorry with all my heart that I did'nt speak out about our nation taking his name out of everything. The schools, court houses, money. It was now that I knew we had caused this ourselves. I asked myself why I did'nt fight back when I had the chance. Before it was too late.

I started back up the street when I heard two tiny voices that were yelling mommy with the passion that only comes from your own child. I ran following the sound straight to them. For a moment all I could do was hold on tightly as if we were about to live out the last few minutes of life together. I felt as if God had answered my only prayer now.

Flashes of the hours before passed through my mind . The life we knew was now gone forever. How could this be happening now? I'd read about the possibility of nuclear war since I was old enough to read. Everyone always said...this can't happen to me. And on this very day it was.

Then my thoughts turned to what would be next. Where do we go? Will there be more bombs? How much radiation was in the air? What direction do I need to go? The streets were still full of people searching for family members, screaming, running, and begging God to help them. Where were we when he needed our help? Not one of us deserved to be helped. We had all turned our backs on God and looked the other way when his name was taken away from so many things which had long been an american tradition. At that very minute I promised myself and God that if we lived I would stand and fight for what I believed in, and to keep his name in all of America. From city to state, nationwide.

For way to long many of us felt as if we had done wrong and violated peoples rights and stepped aside as the Lords name was erased from our courthouses, state and city buildings, even our money was getting a new look. God forgive me,I know now that I had failed you.

At anytime fiction can become reality. Pray for all mankind.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There were birds singing from the treetops, sky blue and cloudless, and the spring breeze was perfect. For a moment the world seemed at peace. Then the skies grew dark in the blink of an eye. No more sweet sounds of nature, the air was now think with black smoke, and you could hear cars crashing in the streets.

That is quite the start.

Excellent work

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you very kindly

join