It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened with me and some officers.. And a wreck I was not involved in..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Theres a difference in how they act BEFORE detention...and once they do detain someone. There it gets real. Because it could develop into an arrest and with that there are new legal consequences of anything by either party thats said.

And they can generally detain you for 24 hours without charging you with anything...but at that point, if they dont, they have to let you go.

But, thats why the tone of conversation and friendliness changes once one is detained.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I get it. I was in the way but I was letting him use my phone and once officer gave me my phone back, I did move along!!! I stepped up on the curb of street then went home. So anyway I'm joining a class with police officers tomorrow. It's in the state of Mississippi. I'm so stoked! It's a class where you learn why they do everything they do!! So that's the class for me!! I'm a freaking curious kitten !! I'm Wonder Woman with my lasso of truth seeking answers !!

Ezramullins I think it was I accept your apology.. I was hyped up the other day

Love you all much peace xoxo

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Awesome Natalia! Im sure youll get a better understanding. My closest friend is a Fire Captain, Head of Homejand Security and Emergency Services/Search and Rescue...and another is a Police Officer...two in fact.

Negatives and all recently about LEO's...I know these guys well. Very well. In and out of uniform, they all would die for me in a second. And the Fire Captain did save my life...and received an award for doing so from the American Heart Association.

Whats obvious...at least to me...talk to them out of uniform? They are one way. 10 minutes later and IN uniform, they flip into professional mode...but still treats me and everyone else..the same. The difference is the uniform. If I didnt know these guys...I would know that. But they switch on the positive vibes doubletime when they change clothes.

Yesterday I was standing and talking to the captain laughing about something...and he stopped and said "hold on" listening to his radio..."We have a helicopter 3 minutes out-2 passes and down". That quick...and we both moved out and away.

The point I guess Im trying to make is they go through modes, sometimes in the same conversation, events, minute and the next second. He stopped and went into mode...I did too...but then again..its what we do...and its understood.

I dont think we give any of them enough credit. Get rid of the bad ones, hold em accountable...but then give the rest aneven shake. 99.9% of them would die for you and me...or save your live like Capt. did mine.

Good luck with your class! Best,

MS
EMT
1st Responder
edit on 3-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

new topics

<< 1   >>

join