It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a little known story...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So, as it were, I listen to NPR all day. Just a circumstance of my life, I drive all day for work. As I pulled into our corporate office I was given pause by a story that I heard that bothered me...fundamental. And here it is.

Apparently, a woman in Houston was raped by a serial rapist. Now this woman, she was both bi-polar (trust me, a term I known has come in vogue and who's ubiquitous application has lent little more meaning than that of hero), but also schizophrenic (a term much less applied, and when clinically applied tends toward that which denotes something at least of an aberration of the mental norm...whatever we might think that mean).

Now this woman, who was raped, was placed into the county jail for greater than a month in order that her testimony might be compelled against this vermin. Here is where I confess.

I have spent time in Tarrant County Jail (that is to say...Fort Worth). Upon being moved to this meat factory called Green Bay (literally a meat packing plant converted to a jail...a warehouse with cages where one never sees sunlight, never is free from noise, fights go unabated), I finally planned my escape. And so I used my psychological diagnoses into the system in order to get the hell out of there...and so did. I was sent to the Shangri-La of the jail...the mental ward unit. Brothers and sisters, I had, honestly, found what I was looking for. I had a single cell (that is to say, a cell all to my self, I could # alone, read alone, sleep alone, exercise alone, close my door which would lock and be safe!). It was, for hell...heaven. I had won. I had beat that system.

This woman, probably truly unbalanced who had, by the way, committed no crime other than being a rape victim (which so far as I've researched is not yet a crime), was placed in Harris County Jail in order that her testimony against this, admittedly, human filth might be compelled (i.e. she didn't spin off onto the streets) was not even placed in this sanctuary that was equally as available to her as it was to my manipulative ass. She was place in general lock up! That's where she resided. That's where they made her wait.

Lee Sager

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Already posted elsewhere...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Already posted elsewhere...

My bad...then it clearly got the attention it deserved. By the way...my story of being in the psychiatric unit of Texas jail...that was already posted? Wow! I didn't know that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I suppose, if the thread was really about your time in the pokey and not the rape victim, then yes. You could definitely say that is a "little known story". Obviously, I was referring to the latter...not really necessary to be sarcastic. Perhaps you should pick one topic per OP, rather than two. Cuts down on the confusion.

new topics

top topics

join