It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Live-Action Movie May Be in the Works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I must admit.. I have been caught by the Pokemon go storm, its very addicting to catch those little critters and eggs and it have become a competition at my work for all ages who have the best Pokemon, all ages play it, I think its a great idea to combine real life and gaming, exercise, fresh air and all that. I could had been anything you had to catch.. that is not really the point for me. Anyway I just rented all the Pokemon movies and watched them.. great anime with action, drama, sci fi and romance, again something for all ages.

So now I just heard there have been plans to make a live movie of Pokemon, that could turn out really good I think if they keep it dark mysteries and action packed and not turn it into a kids only movie.. because lets face it most of the Pokemon's fans today are grown ups now.

www.ign.com...

The Pokemon Company is reportedly looking to get a live-action film made based on its popular creature-collecting franchise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, "a top-secret auction" for the film rights to Pokemon is currently underway and "nearing completion," with Legendary Entertainment pushing hard to secure franchise. Sources claim Warner Bros. is very interested as well, and has "pursued the property aggressively." Sony is reportedly also in the running.

And here is a fan made trailer that got that dark feeling they should go with

www.mirror.co.uk...

t makes sense that Warner Bros. have shown interest, as the company was responsible for releasing the first animated Pokémon movie back in 1999 (aptly titled Pokémon: The First Movie.) As Legendary Entertainment is a Chinese-owned subsidiary, their attempt to buy the film rights to a huge Japanese icon could bring more tension to the two nations already at unease with one another.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
if this happens, I'm moving into Alex Jones planet.

NO. Just NO.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Ahhh those were the days. When I actually gave a crap about pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. Those were much simpler times, trying to chase those elusive shiny cards.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hey, with all this resurgence of Pokemon, does that mean the boxes of boxes of cards I have in my basement my sons left, will be worth money?

I could use it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah, the kids and myself picked up a starter pack and some boosters this last weekend, now we play a few times a night!

top topics

join