It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallout 4 Vault-Tec Work Shop Went Live Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So Bethesda's Vault-Tec Workshop went live today.

The plot of this one is simple: you find a vault that was never finished. You get to build it, and fill it with your own dwellers and do you're own experiments on them.

Okay, actually, that's a very simplistic view of it, heh.

First you're going to have to find the Vault, it's known as Vault 88. And once you do, you're going to have to clear it of various critters that are there. On top of that, you'll be dealing with the original Overseer who is now a Ghoul.

So far I'm enjoying myself quite a bit. Learning how to build the vault:

Learn how to power it up:

Ooops! Forgot the roof. Did I mention I'm still learning?

I also need to learn how to put furniture in my Vault:

There is an incredible amount of detail you can go into, not only the style of building, but the things you can put in there too.

And you get to screen your dwellers. You actually interview them.

On top of that....the place is HUGE. There's not just one huge cavern to build the vault in, but several!

So for me at least, it's going to keep me entertained for quite a while.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Schweeet !

Love the idea of building and running a vault from scratch ! So many variables to contend with, wowzers.

I have yet to buy Fallout 4 because I need to upgrade the fans in my cpu... whenever I play any graphics heavy games, my computer starts overheating after about 4-5 hours or so.

So I'm holding off on buying anymore big games until I've remedied the situation.

In the meantime, me thinks I'll surf youtube for some "let's play" vids on this one !

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh lord there goes another year of my life.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Schweeet !

Love the idea of building and running a vault from scratch ! So many variables to contend with, wowzers.

I have yet to buy Fallout 4 because I need to upgrade the fans in my cpu... whenever I play any graphics heavy games, my computer starts overheating after about 4-5 hours or so.

So I'm holding off on buying anymore big games until I've remedied the situation.

In the meantime, me thinks I'll surf youtube for some "let's play" vids on this one !

You might want to replace your thermal paste. Sometimes that can dry out and crack and it won't transfer the heat very well between the processor and the heatsink.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Huh... thanks for pointing that out !

I didn't even think to check the integrity of the thermal compound... would make sense to check something so simple first, eh ?

LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Huh... thanks for pointing that out !

I didn't even think to check the integrity of the thermal compound... would make sense to check something so simple first, eh ?

LOL

Yep, especially if it was working fine before but you're having problems oveheating recently. I'm going to assume you've cleaned out all the dust bunnies.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Excellent advice!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yeah, thanks, Bethesda. My wife already wants a divorce.😃

What are the requirements for starting it? I'm not far into the game (started anew for the THIRD time because I'm just too fussy) and I assume it'll introduce itself?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

You have to be level 20 for it to trigger.

You'll get a quest update to tune your radio to the "vault distress beacon"

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Only $4.99 on PSN, I may actually get this one, looks interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I gotta say from those screen shots, DAMN this game looks good on PC.

top topics

join