It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go is the Beginning of a new Kind of Warfare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Remember way back in the late 90's when Nokia came out with the polyphonic ring-tone... I was so jealous of those little buggers and when I got one from work I was pretty happy.

Placed my favorite ring-tone on for most incoming calls and selected another for 'marginal' calls (people like bosses and such). After about a month I started to notice that I'd hear my phones' ring-tone all the time, even though it didn't ring at all... And more importantly it was the 'marginal' groups ring-tone I was sound hallucinating to... As a result I was always inducing these self made, small, panic attacks when I thought I heard my phone ring. The breath would catch, the adrenaline pump, and then I would find out the phone was never ringing, but, non the less... I had to endure the rest of the Pavlovian response.

By the second month I was done with the polyphonic tone and chose the beeps again.

Makes me wonder if you play P-Go to much if you will start seeing Pokemon everywhere, without the Iphone

edit on 20-7-2016 by Newt22 because: typos

edit on 20-7-2016 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This might shed some light on the "Pokemon Go" agenda

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Falcon37

www.ctvnews.ca...

Authorities say a Florida man fired shots at two late-night "Pokemon Go" players in a car outside his house but no one was injured

Definitely some possible dangers playing this game.....

www.abc.net.au...

www.thestar.com...

edit on 20-7-2016 by snowspirit because: Added

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You're absolutely right. Pokemon Go HAS developed a new kind of warfare. Have you SEEN the team rivalry in the game?! Man, some players get super nasty over that kind of stuff.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed

Interesting premise.

Sounds like it would make a good novel!!

(Not trying to trivialise)

It's called Nerve. It comes out in a few days.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think we are witnessing the creation of the equivalent of the Epsilon semi-morons, here.
I think they are also screwing with special signals to mess with the brain as well.
SO many parroting the media line,like the cellphone is a hypnotic link somehow.
It sure is ugly.
edit on 20-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is based on one questionable assumption , that gamers are stupid I myself have been a huge fan of video games since I was a child and if anything it helped me learn to question everything think about all the angels and think around corners so to speak and most of the other games I know are very similar in this so of course like any population there are morons here but not as many as the msm would like to think

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Why oh why did you give them ammunition like that to go on?

"Psssssst.....hey kid....wanna buy a Pokemon?"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That world already exists. A tiny fraction of people are willing to do anything including murder for money. A small fraction of people is the key.

I think you are just paranoid because you see how the game is affecting your son. I play it. I am not religious about it at all. I think it is ludicrous the amount of stuff and children being forgotten about over that damn game.

That being said, you are way overly paranoid. It literally is geocaching. That has been around for decades as tenth said. A smart company simply attached creatures from a popular game to the idea and bam there ya go. That is all it is.

Smart people have doubled their entire retirement is about a week with Nintendo shares!

As for the bitcoin aspect of your OP? You are dreaming. Crypto enthusiasts will give up their bitcoin for nothing. Seriously. You would never ever get 100 million bitcoin out of the community for anything.

100 million bitcoin do not even exist. Will never exist. Now if you want to fantasize more in reality. Buy hundreds of bitcoin at the right moment and wait to be filthy rich one day.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The one thing you're right about is people's desperation to escape reality. Think of what some people will do to get drugs or alcohol, psychologically this isn't any different. Expect more of these type of virtual reality sideshows if for no other reason than to keep minds occupied and the news cycle full of stupid stories.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Before anyone goes off doing anything illegal or immoral, bear in mind that your device's behavior and MAC data are tied into "The Net" or "The Web".

Those two terms for the global communication matrix are apt, because a web or net can indeed snare it's prey...the casual user.

Point also, in the most general way the "game" generates metadata on how stupid people can get. How fast they can run, if they cross the street at the corner crosswalk, how many times they check in...just unimaginable amounts of crowd data based on meaningless drivel, or a few BitCoins.

Hi Anthony, it's me.

edit on 20-7-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Falcon37

I agree with you op. A lot if people seem to be scoffing at your idea, but I see it happening. Its already getting out of control in my home town. People have been arrested for breaking in to the zoo, and using lure modules to rob unsuspecting kids. And that's just for a Pokemon. Imagine how bad it could be if money was the goal. This could be a very dangerous weapon. For those who say its just a game, I say so is call of duty. But soldiers use it for training. Give it a little time and evolution. It will get worse

This makes me think of the Milgram Experiments....

en.wikipedia.org...:_An_Experimental_View

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pokemon Go Zombies!
the people playing it!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well that'd keep us distracted right and proper wouldn't it? Bread and Circuses for the new era.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

This is the first thing I thought of when I heard about it myself. Seems far more likely than the OP but just as sinister.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I would just like to say that I wish people would quit adding to the signals that are pulsing through our bodies 24/7. It is unprecedented, there is not a way to tell what it is doing to us. I know that children are getting cancer at alarming rates. I know people complain with illnesses that doctors just can't put a diagnosis on these days. Just like the wind that we can't see, those signals are saturating us as we sit here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And this isn't even a stretch for ATS

But nah, I have never in my life seen strangers come together and socialize as much as they are now. Me and my girlfriend dropped a lure yesterday, sat and talked with some dude for like 15 minutes, went to another stop, saw an old acquaintance that had just ripped my geodude to shreds 3 minutes after I put him in the gym, joked around with him a bit, went back to the stop I was at before and sat with another dude, talked for like 20 minutes as more and more people showed up coming from their houses, some without shoes, some with beer.. all sitting down just talking. Before everybody dispersed there was like 6 people, all strangers, sitting there talking and laughing. Still, not a single death related to the game. I don't know, I think it's had a pretty positive impact on the world.. Imagine this summer without it. Obviously there will be developers hopping on this bandwagon, but I really think the sell point is the fact that it's pokemon, not the fact that it's interactive with the world around you. People have been wanting to catch pokemon in real life for as long as pokemon has been a thing, and now they can. There's obviously dangers to this but with not even 1 death with the millions probably almost billion people playing this outside each day; it can't be TOO dangerous. People are going outside and enjoying themselves. This is good news

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
You're absolutely right. Pokemon Go HAS developed a new kind of warfare. Have you SEEN the team rivalry in the game?! Man, some players get super nasty over that kind of stuff.

spoken like a true team mystic wuss, what you gonna put your hypno on me? water u gunna do bro? huh? get some different pokemon you team mystic wuss, or get outta town, i run this # guy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join