It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes people try to produce a Mandela effect on purpose - Living Colour (Stain)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There’s been a lot of threads recently about the Mandela Effect, and I wanted to share with you an experience that I had that stuck in the back of mind for quite a few years before I discovered the truth about it, and that it was actually done on purpose to produce the “desired effect”.

One of my favourite musical groups is the New York band “Living Colour”, and their 3rd studio album “Stain” was released in 1993. I bought a physical copy at the time, and listened to the album countless times and I knew the songs inside out. At some stage I lent the album to a friend, who never returned it.

A few years later I was watching TV and the film clip for the single from the album “Bi” was playing, and when it came to the guitar solo I was surprised to hear that it was completely different to how I remembered it. I thought it was strange, but knew that it was quite common to have an alternate version of a song in a film clip.

Around 2012 I saw the album in a bargain bin at a record store and purchased it to replace the copy that I had lost. When I got home and played it, to my astonishment, three of the songs had completely different guitar solos?!? I searched far and wide on the internet to find some information about it, but there was nothing to be found. In every case, the guitar solos were the “new” version, and not how I remembered them.

Of course, I knew that something was amiss, as I had listened to the album so many times and knew the songs inside out. I was certain that my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me, but since there was no evidence to be found, there was no way to be sure. It’s a very strange feeling having such clear memories that differ from the “current reality”

A couple of years ago, Living Colour posted this on their Facebook page:

STAIN: the story behind the alternate solos by [producer] Ron St. Germain: I remember talking to [A&R guy] Michael Caplan about how to accomplish that! Only 25,000 copies got pressed of the 3 songs with the ‘2 different solos’ on them and NOTHING was mentioned in the press about that. The reaction took quite a while to surface (and many have NEVER heard the various versions to this day), but the effect was EXACTLY as planned… another piece of musical HISTORY for us, Gents!

So it turns out that I had bought one of the rare 25,000 copies that had the alternate solos on them. Here they are for those who have never heard them. I think they are actually better than the solos on the “real”, mass-distributed version

dl.dropboxusercontent.com...

So, if a band like Living Colour can produce a Mandela type effect on purpose, what could a clandestine alphabet agency with unlimited budget and resources produce? It really does make you wonder!
edit on 13-7-2016 by NeuronDivide because: title change

edit on 13-7-2016 by NeuronDivide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
So, if a band like Living Colour can produce a Mandela type effect on purpose, what could a clandestine alphabet agency with unlimited budget and resources produce? It really does make you wonder!

Could be paid propaganda, yes. Yet to me seems, totally harmless auto-created paranoid. The status quo just helps develop it. World is a webbing now, we should keep calm and laugh more. Or pull the plug.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

Big fan of Living Colour's Stained, thanx for the share.. can't say much for the mandela effect part.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The mandela effect is a con, I thought this was common knowledge by now.

Not sure who's behind it but there's clearly some kind of agenda there. Personally I wouldn't even give them the satisfaction of creating a thread to disprove it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure how writing their music differently could possibly be construed as purposely creating an ME. Musicians change their songs pretty often, and have different versions of the same songs too. And often, if they're released later on, there isn't much of an announcement made.

But the biggest difference with a true ME is that the former versions of things that have been changed are all but impossible to trace, and there is no record anywhere of a change ever having been made, anywhere. That is not the case here. There is documented proof that all of the versions still exist, as you've clearly shown. Based on that alone, I cannot agree with your theory.

You are right about the ME being purposeful. That part is dead on. But there will be no trail leading to an explanation. There will simply be no explanation at all. If we could explain them away, it would never have been effective to create them in the first place.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm not positing any theories at all, just relating a personal experience of social engineering that produced something very similar to the Mandela effect for me!

It does open up a lot of questions, though... What if you had admin privilages to the Google search engine, for instance? You could really mess with a lot of people's heads!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You really need to get that album back.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ahh, my apologies. I took your thread title to mean that you thought people were creating pseudo "Mandela effects" on purpose to mess with people...hence my reference to it being a theory. I must have misunderstood.

And yes, if such a thing were possible simply due to admin powers, that would be pretty awful. The true explanation is likely even more disturbing. Strange times indeed.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Mandela effect is total nonsense. At best , it is mental failings, mild dementia or just forgetfulness. Peole seem to be captivated by this so-called phenomenon here on ATS

top topics

join