It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why demonize BLM?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They most certainly were. Afro American's, Not African/Americans is what I stated in the OP. Not every black immigrant residing in the U.S

I'm speaking on the Afro American culture. Not immigrants who of which have dark colored skin.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

originally posted by: DAVID64

Also several of these peoples mothers and fathers lawfully were considered property and/or only counted as 3/5 a human being also lawfully not long ago.

Their Mothers and Fathers were slaves? What does "not so long ago" mean to you? Slavery ended over 150 years ago. I seriously doubt anyone of those people great grandfathers were slaves.
I really wish people would stop dragging up the slavery bit. It's a dead horse. Stop beating it.
Someone who was born in the 19th century very well could've had parents who were slaves. If I was born in 1940 then slavery only ended 80 something years ago which is dad range. And I would today be 76 years old. horse is very well alive and even if it wasn't their parents it was their grandparents

Slavery in this country ended in 1865. Anyone alive today born in 1865? Any of their children would still have to be over 100 years old. You are really stretching it to make the claim that someone today had an actual parent that was a slave. Grandparent? Mayyyyyyyyybe but probably not. Great grandparent? Possibly. Look up how many people over 100 are alive today. All these teenagers and 20-30 somethings involved in BLM were never even close to being slaves.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Also several of these peoples mothers and fathers lawfully were considered property and/or only counted as 3/5 a human being also lawfully not long ago.

Their Mothers and Fathers were slaves? What does "not so long ago" mean to you? Slavery ended over 150 years ago. I seriously doubt anyone of those people great grandfathers were slaves.
I really wish people would stop dragging up the slavery bit. It's a dead horse. Stop beating it.
Someone who was born in the 19th century very well could've had parents who were slaves. If I was born in 1940 then slavery only ended 80 something years ago which is dad range. And I would today be 76 years old. horse is very well alive and even if it wasn't their parents it was their grandparents

Slavery in this country ended in 1865. Anyone alive today born in 1865? Any of their children would still have to be over 100 years old. You are really stretching it to make the claim that someone today had an actual parent that was a slave. Grandparent? Mayyyyyyyyybe but probably not. Great grandparent? Possibly. Look up how many people over 100 are alive today. All these teenagers and 20-30 somethings involved in BLM were never even close to being slaves.
birth parent, grand parents, great grandparents.

They're still all parents.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Enjoy backtracking, do you? Find direct, indisputable evidence that someone alive today is the son or daughter (not grandson or granddaughter, not great-grandson or great-granddaughter) of a slave. Odds are nil that anyone alive is the son or daughter of a pre-1865 slave.

It still makes zero difference. I owe nothing to anyone. If anything, all Russian-Americans probably owe me some sort of apology for my ancestors having been run out of Russia & Poland during the uprisings circa 1900-1905. However, I'm not dick enough to go that route -- crap happened, it's looooong done, and doesn't impact me NOW. Ergo, I'm owed diddly squat. Neither are modern AA's regarding the slave era.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's a cop out. Most of the 30 somethings associated with BLM would have to go back to AT LEAST a great grandparent or further. I doubt many of them even met their great grandparents even as babies, much less have a conversation with them. You lost this argument when you made the claim parent or grandparent. It is just not plausible. I am 51 years old. My father was 41 when I was born. My grandmother was born after the Civil War. I never met her, much less met HER parents. Yes. they are my ancestors but they did not parent me since I never met them. You reached too far and lost the argument.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Khaleesi because: forgot how old I am

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

But people already had businesses set up and all.

Then these people were released like stray dogs who barely could speak English.

It significantly set the entire Afro American culture back years and years.

Enjoy backtracking, do you? Find direct, indisputable evidence that someone alive today is the son or daughter (not grandson or granddaughter, not great-grandson or great-granddaughter) of a slave. Odds are nil that anyone alive is the son or daughter of a pre-1865 slave.

It still makes zero difference. I owe nothing to anyone. If anything, all Russian-Americans probably owe me some sort of apology for my ancestors having been run out of Russia & Poland during the uprisings circa 1900-1905. However, I'm not dick enough to go that route -- crap happened, it's looooong done, and doesn't impact me NOW. Ergo, I'm owed diddly squat. Neither are modern AA's regarding the slave era.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That's a cop out. Most of the 30 somethings associated with BLM would have to go back to AT LEAST a great grandparent or further. I doubt many of them even met their great grandparents even as babies, much less have a conversation with them. You lost this argument when you made the claim parent or grandparent. It is just not plausible. I am 51 years old. My father was 41 when I was born. My grandmother was born after the Civil War. I never met her, much less met HER parents. Yes. they are my ancestors but they did not parent me since I never met them. You reached too far and lost the argument.
Doesent matter.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join