It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Has Music!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This popped up on my YouTube feed today, so I had to check it out.

Turns out that Scientology has its own sacred music. Who knew? Oh and L. Ron Hubbard can ... nah, who'm I kidding? He can't sing. Well, maybe he can if you think that William Shatner can sing.

But it turns out that Scientology has released a number of albums of its own sort of religious music over the years, even had its own jazz band.
edit on 12-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I saw that a while ago. My poor ears felt like they were going to bleed.That stuff is horrible!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's hilarious, but also really sad at the same time.

I sure as hell hope his books where written better than the music.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I have not read Battlefield Earth, but that horse thing would not have been out of place on the movie soundtrack. It was the perfect quality.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thankfully, I haven't read anything from hubbard, and I really don't plan to anytime soon.

Sure, he may have a good book or two, but the whole scientology thing is bonkers, I really wouldn't want anything to do with someone like that.

Plus, there is so much GOOD scifi out there waiting to be read, why go around scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Then again, that horse thing was kind of trippy, might go down well in certain circles.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought Beck was their church chaplain? After Isaac Hayes was mysteriously killed.

I can't believe you found this before I did. Scientology threads are like, meh thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Came here to say the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

I liked in the video where they talk about Isaac Hayes being in a Scientology based band in the 90s, but instead of showing a picture of Isaac Hayes they just showed a picture of Chef from South Park. LOL

Also, who knew LRH could hit such a deep baritone?

top topics

join