It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

beet root with mushroom in quinoa grain with baslamic vinager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello, there friends.
Quinoa, ''the mother grain'', of the Incas... good source of Iron, phosphorus, B vitamins and vitamin e...warming thermal nature, tonifies kid?ney, yang. Compared with all grains, highest protein content.
Must be rinsed prior to cooking , generally bring to a boil, slowly... then turn down a bit and simmer approximately 15 or so min.
According to, Paul pitchfork, Healing with Whole Foods.
Beets a love medicine, root, neutral thermal nature, sweet.strengthen the heart, purifies blood... used with carrot for hormone regulation.
"Caution, the greens contain abundant oxalic acid, and if eaten excessively, inhibit calcium absorption'', refer to book above... hard since they do taste yummy!😊
Mushrooms, cooling thermal nature, common variety.
, book reference...
Healing with Whole Foods
Thanks for stopping by this OP, would love for any one to share, weather they like these basic ingredients.
Will study vinegar benefits one day soon,
Perhaps we can discuss vinegar varieties?
A little salt...iodized or not, up for debate on iodine necessity.
I myself have accidentally taken too much..so be well and stay safe...eat well with lots of heart.

😊
edit on 11-7-2016 by peppycat because: poor link, so sorry...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Salad plus more salad, garden variety..with croutons, take out... yum..lettuce, groovy. Haven't eaten this well in several weeks now, thanks to working and making pennies...
Can't wait for more work, I love food...tending to loved ones and what not.
Can't link a post on how too properly cook beets..summer is the best.
Not allowed to sing at diner time in childhood,
Music appropriate time before or after food?

Reminds me of high school, good times.
Restaurants with no background tunes?
Cool, quiet time, very rare, here.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I would eat it. There is almost nothing I would not try. Not a big fan of quinoa but I will eat it even though it creates a unique digestion scenario for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode there are about three different kinds, do you like other grains?
I'm thinking one day I try barley... or millet.of course rice is a common staple, and good for you, too. For some reason, I read about mercury in brown rice, which was once a good and wholesome food source, oh well, I pray for this planet.
Thanks for taking time to post, and read some food I made for loved ones and... me too!.. been eating really processed food for a while now, managed to save a few beets..it is all day today and have to consider buying food for my fur baby...
Have a great Tuesday!
🌏

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

i love beetroots. totally love it. my favorite way to prepare it is to grate a beetroot and an approximately same sized apple, add some sunflower seeds, some olive oil and a touch of apple cider vinegar.

interesting you should bring up Asian Healing with food and mention their thermal nature.

western diets lay the emphasis on nutritional values and asian methods also consider energetic values e.g. energies of food (temperature) flavour (to which organ and meridian a food connects) and movement (food drives qi, vital energy, in various directions in the body)

according to this brief chart of asian classifications vinegar has a sinking movement quality, it interacts with the heart and the small intestines and it has a warming effect on the body

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389 I do so appreciate the lovely link..😅😇.excellent find, I pinned to my tablet for further studies, thank you for informative post, I truly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Oh, the recipe you posted... very nice, will write down in my notebook. Thanks

edit on 11-7-2016 by peppycat because: forgot apple and beets, yum...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I like mushrooms and i'll try any dish that contains them.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Nice...Apple cider vinegar is good. I don't know all the details but its the healthiest vinegar that I know of. although it tastes nasty. but its awesome for hair and scalp.

Try shiitake mushrooms. They are very medicinal.

top topics

join