It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Dope Dealers Found Western Civilisation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting article that claims the founders of Western civilisation were possibly dope dealers, peddling their crops to the Eurasians and Chinese.

It had been assumed that cannabis originated in Asia, but a new theory suggests it arrived there from European dope dealers.

Despite previous claims of cannabis originating in China, it may well have originated in Eastern Europe where one of the three key tribes, the Yamnaya people, started intercontinental trading along the Bronze Road, later known as the Silk Road.

It was at the start of the Bronze Age that cannabis use in East Asia intensified, and researchers say this is significant. At that point the so-called Bronze Road to Asia, which later became known as the Silk Road, was being used to send goods east. The researchers' hypothesis is that one of the goods sent in that direction was cannabis.

How I wish I could go back in time and thank these people for discovering the properties of this natural weed. Instead my Government's current thinking is that it is still needs to remain a classified drug.

Article - news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Should we call them the Phoenicians then instead of the munchies .

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Big Pharma is getting scared.

Not blowing smoke: Research finds medical marijuana lowers prescription drug use

news.uga.edu...

They want it illegal so we take their drugs, and the their the people that make the rules. It really is as simple as that.
The American people have been duped for 50 years and we are finally seeing the light.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What a plant 🌿

Shame I live in the uk .

Ps I love blue cheese ...... Mmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'd like to know if there is a paper trail- hemp (the fiber not the drug) was quite the commodity centuries ago and perhaps digging through East India company's archives or manifests could connect the dots.

I assumed that cannabis was of south American origin; the equatorial climate would be perfect for it, just like pines are perfectly suited for a temperate climate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Hey, who doesn't, especially when you have the Phoenicians.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

digging through East India company's archives

The (British) East India Company began operating in India in the 1600s and only ruled India from 1757 to 1858.

The OP is talking about trade during the Bronze Age.

‘John Company’ was certainly active in the opium trade (it turned much of Bengal into a poppy farm). The opium was bound for China. The Company also traded, I’m sure, in hemp — used for rope, paper, sacking etc. — but cannabis-smoking was almost unknown in Europe and there was no market to attract traders.

edit on 8/7/16 by Astyanax because: of typos.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
What a plant 🌿

Shame I live in the uk .

I'm not big a fan of all the crosses of cheese like blue cheese, Buddha cheese, white cheese or whatever, they only crossed them to produce seeds as cheese is clone only, so now every seed bank has their own version of cheese although the only breeder to cross with the original cheese cutting is Big Buddha as it was passed to him from the original breeders and taken to Spain for crossing.
The crossing takes some of the cheese intensity away, unfortunately its been messed with so much since the 90s that its just not the same as when I was a teen.
Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the crosses but they are nothing compared to the ORIGINAL Luton exodus crew cheese,
if your lucky and can get hold of some original cheese (not easy to find nowadays) it will be a real treat for your taste buds, its what I grew up with

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Tarim mummies, those are the guys! A bunch of ancient hippies on the "Passage to Bangkok".

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Jeesus.....

Please tell me your not an American and a product of our public school system...

If so, I would like my taxes back which payed for you to learn nothing...

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I always imagined it originate from the Yeahman region.
Trainwreck for me.
Here's a great read. Enjoy.
www.4shared.com...
edit on 29-7-2016 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No, its western civilization that founded dope dealers as a weapon. Mostly a weapon against their own people, somtimes against foreign powers.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Possibly. I think the first "western" mention was Herodotus talking about Scythian rituals (they would bathe in the smoke)

top topics

join