It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Shopkeeper in Glasgow was Murdered by Islamist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It turns out that the well liked Muslim shopkeeper Asad Shah who was an Ahmadi Muslim - a sect which is seen as controversial to other people of Muslim faith - was murdered by another Muslim.

This murder was originally reported in this thread in march, where there was much speculation of whom the perpetrators may have been. It seemed that even though Mr Shah moved from Pakistan in what is thought to be an attempt to escape persecution, he could not flee far enough.

The perpetrator stands by his reasoning for killing as seen in this BBC report.
He made several concerning statements through his lawyer:

"This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions. Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet."

The perpetrator seems a confused chap as he also said the Qua-ran is the final word of the prophet yet appeared to take selfies (which were on a Channel 4 report I saw) which surely goes against his faith as I thought that images of humans are outlined as not allowed. But please don't quote me on the teachings, rulings and beliefs of a faith I don't know.

Whatever happened this religious violence and hatred must stop and cannot be allowed in this country. A normal person would turn the other cheek if they knew someone was making claims which they felt was false. Violence of this type which concerns religion clashing with freedom of speech must be stomped out entirely as it is in parallel to the terrible Charlie Hebdo attacks.

As always lets keep it civil please ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Amen to that! Can you even begin to imagine what this world would be like if "true" Christians followed to the letter teachings in the Old Testament? It would be just as bad, if not worse than the rabid followers of islam. There would be daily blood baths when children were slaughtered by their parents for hardheadedness, as commanded in certain biblical passages. Or entire cultures wiped out because of some perceived slight. The list is long....

It truly amazes me that muslims/islamists do not see the absolute NEED to reform and get away from the idiotic desire to murder in the "name" of religion. Or murder in the name of ANYTHING for that matter! And that's not even taking into account the myriad of other morally bankrupt beliefs put forth and condoned by their "beliefs". I won't even go into that extensive list since the majority of people have already been introduced to what civilization has continually fought to keep at bay...CENTURIES! Centuries of this battle and words of warning handed down from many, many past world leaders. Maybe this time the battle will end it once and for all. The main problem I see is convincing them to take responsibility for their own problems and actually, effectively taking care of it themselves instead of leaving it to the victims to deal with!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

And how exactly would you 'stomp it out' without 'stomping' all over someone else's right to choose their beliefs?

How is yours any better?

I'm not defending what's happened but I would ask you, why police thought?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It is forbidden in the Koran i believe for one muslim to kill another and i think it is the same with the Torah , but crazy folk make up the rules as they go along it seems

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

turn the other cheek
Not possible for a muslim to do this, there is no shades of grey in islam, only the koran....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't think the fact that is was a Muslim that was killed by a muslim should be focused upon, But the fact that a muslim killed somebody for what? disrespecting the profit..LOL

Was he radicallized? was he just a normal Muslim up til this day? Where was he radicalized? or wasn't he. That is the problem.

He is not isis, He is just a muslim that believes in their crazy shot.

If a woman has to be stoned to death, you can see the videos, are those people isis? or just muslim? Plenty of stories of "honor killings" taking place in the US, were those people isis? or just muslims?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It's simple - your freedoms end when your actions impinge on another person. Truly that chap saying he was a prophet didn't have a negative effect on Muslims as they had distanced themselves from that sect anyway. Also crucially the guy wasn't forcing the murderer guy to believe he was a prophet - the murderer definitely forced that guy to die though.

It's better because people shouldn't die over their beliefs as long as those beliefs aren't radical or calling for violence.

a reply to: tommo39

Well as stonerwilliam points out this shouldn't happen in Muslim faith. Many Muslims live in peace and do interpret the Quran in their own way.

a reply to: tinner07

Indeed we don't want violence for whatever reason it occurs for in Britain. Yes as I drew comparison to, this is the same reasoning as what was behind. Look at the religious violence concerning Northern Ireland and you may find better understanding with an issue which took hold in Britain.
edit on 872016 by DodgyDawg because: Added other replys

top topics

join