It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Evans stepping down from Top Gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well that didn't last long , Chris Evans has tweeted that he's leaving Top Gear after only one series.
It was a poison chalice and to be honest I was surprised that someone with the broadcasting experience of Chris didn't see that , hopefully the BBC will do the decent thing and end that show now , it's over , the big girl has sung and Clarkson has left the building.

He tweeted: "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough." "The team are beyond brilliant, I wish them all the best," he added.
His resignation comes after falling ratings for the show - which hit a series low on Sunday night. He said he would continue with his other BBC commitments, including presenting the BBC Radio 2 breakfast show. "Full steam ahead then with Radio 2, CarFest, Children In Need, 500 Words and whatever else we can dream up in the future," he said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good.

He was useless.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Top gear.. rest in peace..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed and he was the only issue I had with the new series. The rest of the crew were fine and I actually quite liked Matt LeBlanc, if they successfully replace Chris Evans with someone the slightest bit likable then I think the show could be ok.

Remember Top Gear was around a long time before Clarkson & Co came onboard with the new format in 2001.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Can we get Idris Elba to do it?

Not only is he a proper car nut, but he actually has a personality!

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

LOL, a shock but hardly surprising.

"Who can we get to replace the three loveable rogues the nation has taken to their hearts...how about stroppy, nerdy, un-photogenic carrot top, Chris Evans..."

Who makes these decisions?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
BBC thought they could keep the show alive just on the name 'Top Gear", but the show was dead from the time Clarkson and Co hit the door. Now, if they'd get the new one up and running, we'll finally get to see our lovable rogues back in action.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When it was announced about the historical sexual abuse claims he may be up against , and the fact he was a nightmare of camera his days were numbered

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hear there is a sex crime investigation...

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Top Gear hasn't been decent SINCE Clarkson ( that blowhard) joined. Evan's rudeness to show staff is reputed to be behind his leaving as LeBlanc threatened to quit.

There are any number of car clubs ect in the UK. Why not let members take a shot at guest hosting with LeBlanc?
At least they are knowledgeable and enthusiastic!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's being reported that Matt LeBlanc is to take over as the host of Top Gear.

According to The Sun newspaper, a source said: “Matt is going to get the big job on his own. There are already active negotiations and he’s almost certain to sign now that he doesn’t have to work with Chris.

Chris won’t be replaced but Matt will become the star presenter surrounded by the existing team.” They continued: “Chris is gone – everyone here [at Top Gear] is celebrating. It’s [the first series] been a disaster.”
news.tvguide.co.uk...

The old girl hobbles on.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Matt LeBlanc as the host of Top Gear...surreal.

Prospects none too hot in Tinseltown then, I take it?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Matt LeBlanc as the host of Top Gear...surreal.

End Times ?

top topics

join